I Think It's Cute

B.O.Y.F.R.I.E.N.D.S

So Baby_KyungFu_Panda and I have finally finished the Fanxing- this ficlet- and the Suchen. After a long time, we are excited to post these today. So we hope you guys like them.


Yixing watched animatedly as Yifan- star of the school's basketball team- dribbled the ball down the court, jumping and scoring a beautiful three points and throwing up a fist in celebration as everyone in the bleachers cheered him on, Yixing not excluded. Yifan turned and grinned straight at him- he did this often once he started noticing Yixing at his games- and even threw him a wink before laughing and running to the other side of the court for the time out the other team called.
 
Yixing was sure that his voice was going to be gone by the end of the game if they kept doing so well. Luckily, he didn't lose his voice, and they did end up winning, Yifan shooting the final baskets. Yixing was pretty sure he cheered the loudest, and it might have been embarrassing if Yifan didn't look so happy.
 
----
 
Once the game was over, Yifan walked over to where Yixing often waited for him after games.
 
"Hey." He greeted quietly, smiling at Yixing.
 
"Hey." Yixing replied, standing next to him awkwardly. As Yifan opened his mouth to say something, Chanyeol approached them.
 
"Aye yo what up Krees?" He laughed as he got nearer. Yifan blushed slighty- though he could always blame the flush on the rush of a win- and looked down at the ground, ignoring the Korean. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and gently punched his shoulder, repeating himself and making Yifan sigh heavily.
 
"Aye yo wass-uuuuup?" He replied reluctantly, giving in to his best friend. He turned back to Yixing to find him giggling softly, which only made him blush harder.
 
"So what's up with this thing?" Chanyeol asked, tugging gently on Yifan's hair that he pulled back into a hair tie.
 
"Stop," Yifan swatted Chanyeol's hand away. "My hair was in my face, I couldn't risk the game on style, Chan."
 
"It's terrible." Chanyeol said at the same time as Yixing blurted:
 
"I like it," Chanyeol and Yifan both turned to him. "I think it's cute." He giggled and reached up to play with Yifan's ponytail, blushing darkly as Chanyeol gave him an odd look.
 
"Wow. He's a keeper if he thinks that's cute." Chanyeol teased, tugging on the ponytail again.
 
"Stop it, Chan." Yifan waved Chanyeol's hand away again, blushing so dark he could no longer blame it on the game. He and Yixing both awkwardly giggled and stole glances at each other.
 
"You guys are so weird; you don't even need me to third wheel." Chanyeol punched Yifan's shoulder again, a little harder this time.
 
"Don't you have some steamed Byuns and that side of Baekhyun to get to?" Yifan retorted with a snide smirk, making blood rush to Chanyeol's face. Yifan grinned triumphantly at him as he stuttered out something unrecognizable before turning and stalking away.
 
"I really do think it's cute." Yixing mumbled softly once Chanyeol was gone.
 
"Do you?" Yifan asked, genuinly surprised yet happy.
 
"Yeah. The hair ages you. You look younger with it pulled back."
 
"We're pretty much the same age." Yifan laughed softly as the coach came up to them.
 
"As captain and shooter of the final points, you get the game ball." He said as he handed him said ball.
 
"Thank you, seonsaeng-nim." Yifan bowed respectfully to his coach, taking the ball with a smile that didn't grow until the coach had walked away.
 
"That's great, Yifan-sunbaenim." Yixing grinned at Yifan. A fake pout took over Yifan's features 
 
"Come on, Yixing," Yifan laughed, nudging Yixing's arm with his fist. "I think we're close enough for you to use a less formal suffix."
 
"Sorry, Yifan-hyung." Yixing blushed and grinned.
 
"No need to apologize. It's cute." They stood together for a moment before Yifan turned to Yixing.
 
"I have to go grab my stuff, okay?" Yixing smiled and nodded.
 
"Okay, hyung."
 
Yifan hesitated before asking, "Do you want to come with me?" Yixing's eyes widened in shock. Non-players weren't allowed in the locker rooms.
 
"It's okay if you don't, I was just thinking you could hold the ball for me while I was gathering everything?" Yifan hurriedly adds, fearing he'd pushed Yixing somehow.
 
"I'd love to, but aren't non-players not allowed?" Yixing asked softly. Yifan grinned. So that's what it was.
 
"I'm captain, Yixing. Do you really think I have to follow all the rules?"
 
"I guess not." Yixing laughed softly, nervously following Yifan into the locker room. Once Yifan has his bag slung over his shoulder, he walks out of the locker room with his arm around Yixing, who was still holding the ball cautiously.
 
----
 
The next day, Yifan got congratulated all the way down the hallways. He stopped occasionally and grinned, accepting the praise. But after a while, he started pushing through the crowd, only stopping when he found the person he was looking for. He walked up behind Yixing and covered his eyes with both hands, whispering a "guess who" in his ear.
 
"This is so primary, Sunbae." Yixing laughed.
 
"I'm hurt, Yixing," Yifan placed his hand on his chest in mock offense when Yixing turns around. "I thought we went over this. Hyung me. I thought we were friends."
 
Yifan grinned and poked at Yixing's stomach until he started laughing loudly, drawing attention.
"You're ruining your image, Yifan-hyung." Yixing smiled widely as he tried to catch his breath.
 
"What image?" Yifan frowned.
 
"Your cold-guy image." Yixing explained, smile etched permanently into his face.
 
"Hmm..." Yifan pretends to ponder deeply.
 
"What?" Yixing asked.
 
"Nothing, just trying to decide if I care more about you or my image."
 
"And the verdict?"
 
"Oh, definitely my image." Yifan grinned widely, pressing his fingers back into Yixing's stomach.
 
"Is that so?" Yixing asked, shoving Yifan away with a laugh.
 
"Yeah." Yifan laughed. "In fact, I think you should care about it with me."
 
"Yeah?" Yixing smiled.
 
"Yeah. We should care about it together. Tonight. Around 6:30." Yifan grinned down at Yixing.
 
"I'm a little busy to care at 6:30, hyung. Maybe I can care a little closer to 7 or 7:30?"
 
"Hmm, I don't know if I can do 7:30. Little late for caring about images."
 
"Then 7?"
 
"Definitely 7." Yifan beamed down at Yixing as the younger grinned up at him.
 
And of course, it was customary for Chanyeol to pass them by and mutter a brief, "Losers." in his wake. Yifan and Yixing just simply ignored him.
 
"Then I'll see you at 7."