Chapter Two - The Man in Black

A Sudden Love

The sound of a pouring water filled the room, Chaerin was standing infront of the sink while washing the dishes. Her eyes looked blank, she was there, her hand was busy brushing the plate with the sponge, but her mind was nowhere. She kept on thinking about the guy who was sitting in the living room with her Grandma. She crooked her head, still dept in her thought.

She was thinking about her nephew, a.k.a Kwon Ji Yong, the owner of G Enterprise and become one of the richest and youngest business man in South Korea. She was sure that he was the same guy that she met in the Café. The one who kept on looking at her and crept her out. She was really shocked when she saw him infront of the door. At first, she thought that Jiyong stalked her to home, but then her Grandma came, happily welcomed him, and introduced him to her.

To be honest, she was really scared of him. Who wouldn’t?

He looked at her like he was about to eat her alive. He was way too intimidating.

 

“Do you need help?” She startled on her spot and turned around to find the very same guy that had been staying in her mind for two hours straight.

“Ah, Its Okay. You’re the guest. Its rude to let you help me here” The guy only looked at her, and suddenly took his suit off. Chaerin widened her eyes and turned to the sink, tried to ignore his presence.

“Move a little, I will help you” He said. Chaerin couldn’t do anything but to let him helped her. In fact, she cant disobeyed him. She cant resist him. She couldn’t say no to him.

She bited her lips and took a glance at him who was now busy wiping the plates that she washed, and also put the plates back to the shelf.

He is not that bad. she thought.

 

“Who are you?” Chaerin almost dropped the glass she was holding when he suddenly asked her that. She thought that he caught  her checked him out. But luckly she can handle herself well. She cleared , and tried her best to look casual, “You know my name”.

After that, She heard him sighed.

 “Grandma said you’re her daughter. how” Now he looked at her through his glasses, intimidating her in every ways. Chaerin looked away to avoided his stare, felt a little bit guilty because he sounded really annoyed by her presence. Maybe not annoyed, more like pressured.

 

No. I take my words back. He’s really bad. He is REALLY BAD! She screamed in her mind.

“When someone asked you something, you supposed to answer them right away” Chaerin looked up, and she could felt her legs getting weaker. The way he said those word kills every cells of her body, whereas he didn’t say that out loud, instead he said that really softly almost like a whisper but still intimidating her with his cold tone.

“Im adopted” That was all she could say. She couldnt say anything more than that. Her tongue was really hard to move. And to her relief, Jiyong didn’t say anything. both of them fell into silent. Chaerin and Jiyong were busy with their own works, without minding each other existence.

Maybe not for Chaerin, since she kept on thinking about him. She tried her best to stop the thoughts but she truly cant help it.

She was kind of scared? intimidated? ucomfortable? she didn’t know, she tried to just focused on her works, and when she was done, she twisted the faucet to stop the water from pouring, but out of the nervousness she twited it to the wrong way and made the water squirted out.

Chaerin was really shocked and tried to stop the water, Jiyong who stood beside her, immadieately helped her to stop the faucet. Chaerin shouted and squealed due to the swift water that splashed into her face, And that moment, Jiyong hardly twisted the faucet to another way, and the water stop.

Both of them were wet. Chaerin looked at Jiyong to said sorry, but before she could said anything, her eyes widened due to the beautiful secenary infront of her.

His shirt became transparent because of the water. Chaerin could clearly saw every inch of his body. His body weren’t that muscular, but he had sixpack. Not only that, Chaerin also spotted few tattoos there.

“like what you see?” Jiyong jokingly said, but the way he said it was really cold so it sounded more like mocking than joking. Chaerin shaked her head nervously and just looked away. She trimbled because of the coldness. she was sure that she will catch a cold tomorrow.

 

 

“What are you guys doin— Oh My God!” They turned around and saw their Grandma stood there with her jaw dropped.

 

“Chaerin, how many times do I have to tell you, to twist the faucet right?” Grandma slapped her hands and Chaerin screamed in pain, “Grandma! That was hurt!”

“Jiyong, we are sorry. She is indeed really clumsy” Their Grandma said without minding the pouting Chaerin. “Its okay. That was fun” He warmly smiled and nodded.

 

Chaerin looked at him. Felt a little bit surprised by how sweet he was when he’s talking to their grandma, but when he was talking to her.. He sounded so damn cold,

She truly hated it. Charin knew that their Grandma is much older than them, so they should behaving well. but however Chaerin was his aunt! maybe not by blood but technically she was, so it was her right to be mad.

 

“Go and get him a towel, Chae” Her Grandma suddenly said to Chaerin who was still hiding inside her mind.

“Chaerin!!” Her Grandma shouted and Chaerin startled,

“Uh?” Chaerin dumbfoundly stood there while waiting for her Grandma to repeat her words. “Go and get a towel for the both of you” Their Grandma repeated it and then sighed. Chaerin cutely giggled to her Grandma and looked at her asking for a forgiveness, but stopped when she realized that she wasnt giggling alone. She could hear Jiyong also giggled under his breath, but it seemed like their Grandma didnt notice him. Chaerin knew that actually Jiyong  hiding his emotion. And he is really good at it. Chaerin smirked at him slightly before went to the kitchen's bathroom to get a towel for the both of them.

She was really wet, so was Jiyong. They dried themselves in the living room when their Grandma came with two cups of hot chocolate on her hand

.

“Uwwaaahhhh~” Chaerin happily squealed. Jiyong looked at her strangely but looked away when Chaerin caught him.

“Nope! Chaerin! Go and change first!!” Said her Grandma when Chaerin about to sipped her favorite hot chocolate. She pouted at her Grandma and begging for only one sip, She kept on begging when Jiyong suddenly intrupted their little fight.

“I think I should get going now” Jiyong said, still with his usual polite-yet-cold tone. Chaerin and their Grandma then looked up at him, “Now?” Their Grandma asked.

Chaerin bited her lips, felt the guiltiness all over her body. She thought that Jiyong must be felt uncomfortable and pressured with her around. However this is his family, and she was just a stranger.

“At least change into another cloth, Jiyong-ah” Jiyong only shaked his head as a No while smiled a little. “I will be okay. Don’t worry”

Their Grandma then walked him to the door and opened it for him. Chaerin just looked at them from a far.

“I had a really good dinner today. Thankyou Grandma” Jiyong said, he then looked at Chaerin who was standing behind them, with an apologetic look.

“Good Night Grandma..  and Ms. Lee” Chaerin looked up at him, and their eyes met. Chaerin of course immediately turned around and went to the kitchen to avoided his stare, while Jiyong kept on looking at her until she fansihed from his sight.

He said his last goodbye before got into his car and put the seat belt on. He looked out the window where his Grandma stood infront of the house with a motherly smile. He smiled back a little and gave her a sign to entered the house. His Grandma obeyed him and immediately entered the house and locked the door.

 

After made sure that his Grandma already entered the house he drove off from there. But after just a few meters away from his Grandma’s house, He saw something through the rearview mirror and immadiately stopped his car.

 

“Wait.. Is he?”

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

Sunday, 22 February 2015.

Chaerin stood infront of the mirror and checked herself out for a countless time. She brushed her hair with her fingers, and kept on spinning around to saw every single profile-side of herself. She was wearing a white tank top with her GroundZero white jacket and jeans.

 

As she had already promised, Tonight, she will go with Kris to have a dinner. She thought that it was just a little dinner between friend so she chose a casual outfit. She didn’t know what actually Kris prepared for her. She was just too innocent and so damn clueless.

When she was busy picking an accessories, a music suddenly filled the room. She knew it was her phone’s ringtone, so she immediately picked it up and answered the call from whoever it was. She didn’t saw the dialer’s name, because her eyes glued to the pink box that filled with her accessories.

 

“Hey” She heard someone spoke. She frowned, felt so unfamiliar with the voice. She pulled her phone away from her ear and looked at the phonescreen to find Kris’s full name written on it.

 

“Ah hey, Kris, I almost done” Chaerin said.

“Ah, really? Great then, im infront your house” She widened her eyes and gasped, she then told him that she will be comes down soon, and hungup.

She didnt like to make someone waiting for her. She always made sure that she is on time. But she just broke the promise that she made for herself today, yet she didnt have the time to regret everything.

She was really in rush, and just picked her favorite Chanel necklace, and left her room in a second.

She walked down the stair and saw her loving Grandma sat on the living room's couch while knitting a neckerchief.

“Oh?!” Her Grandmother looked up in surprise. “Where are you going?” Chaerin then chuckled at how fast her Grandma could forget something. She had already told her million times. And she also forgot it for the same a mount of times.

“Grandma, Im going to have a dinner with Kris tonight” Her Grandma then gasped and walked towards Chaerin with an annoyed expression.

“How could you wear this kind of outfit when a man asked you out?!”

“Oh not again” Chaerin whispered under her breath. “Grandma I don’t have a time. I have to go now! Kris is outside!” Chaerin ran away from her Grandma and walked out from the house to saw Kris in his jacket standing beside his car. Well, Chaerin had already told him to just dressed casualy. Since she didn’t like to dress formally with a dress and high-heels. She was really uncomfortable with those, that’s why she didn’t like a formal event.

“Good Evening, Mrs. Kwon” Kris greeted the old lady who was busy scolding Chaerin about this and that, but then when she heard Kris greeted her, she turned to him and smiled warmly, made the young lady beside her rolled her eyes.

“Evening, Kris. You getting taller, I see” Her Grandma said with a motherly tone. Kris chuckled but said his thank anyway.

Chaerin caught her Grandma looked at Kris from head to toe and that time she knew that her Grandma was upset because the both of them only wearing a casual outfit, and not being  serious with the dinner.

 

Didnt want her Grandma goes too far, Chaerin gave her a sudden goodbye hug and whispered to her ear, said that she doesn’t need to wait for her, and she should stop knitting for tonight and just take a rest instead. Her Grandmother only nodded and rubbed her hair lovingly.

Kris got into the car, so did Chaerin. She rolled the window’s glass down so she can waved her hands to her Grandma.

They drove off from there and her Grandma only stood there with a smile on her face. She waited for their car to fully fanished from her sight, but then her eyes caught something strange, and her smile was the first one to fanished.

 

“Isnt that the same car from yesterday..?” She thought but those thoughts suddenly ruined when she felt her phone vibrated

 

 

.

 

.

 

 

Back to the expensive and luxurious hotel’s room,

Jiyong was enjoying his dinner alone in his balcony’s table.

maybe not a dinner, because he only sipped his wine, and let the steak getting really cold on the table. He didn’t like every menus that the hotel served for him. Maybe not the menus that he disliked. It was more because he had the dinner alone.

He remembered what his late-mother ever told him.

‘Even the cheapest food could become the greatest meal that you ever had, if you eat it with someone you love’

Remembering those words, he suddenly chuckled, “no wonder I getting skinnier”

 

In this very moment, Jiyong realized how pathetic he was. And he hated to feel that way.

The last time he had a great dinner, was two days ago with her Grandma and her adopted child, Lee Chae Rin.

 

Everything tasted amzingly good that night, especially the seaweed soup. He liked the soup so much and surprisingly it was made by the blonde, Chaerin.

He crooked his head when her name popped out in his mind. He pursed his lips and thought about her for a little while.

 

‘Lee Chaerin’

 

‘When did she get adopted?’

 

‘Why Grandma never told me about her?’

 

‘Why does she called Grandma, ‘Grandma’? I thought she is now Grandma’s daughter?’

 

‘What happened to her previous family? Grandma said, Chaerin was her neighbor’s daughter’

 

‘What happened with her?’

 

‘Why she looked like her?’

 

The last question suddenly hitted him hard. He knew he shouldn’t think about her, or not he will going crazy again.  He supposed to forget everything.

It was really painful to bear. Whenever her face popped out, it will pushed him to his limit. And sometimes he couldn’t take it.

He wanted to end everything.

He wanted to end the pain.

But he just couldn’t.

 

How he wished to just die tomorrow.

Every morning when he woke up, he will sadly walked to the bathroom and saw his reflection in the mirror, asked himself when will the God took him away from the world.

When the night comes, he will be in his bed, prayed that he wouldn’t wake up tomorrow, but to his disappoint,

He always woke up.

Everyday.

 

So many people left him.

 

His parents,

And Her.

 

Maybe people will thought that it was just three people. But he truly already had enough of pain by losing the three of them. He wanted to leave too.

He gave up. He truly gave up on his life. But God never let him die. Never, even when he tried.

He really confused with God. Why does He let him live when all he wanted is die?

 

Without he knew, a single tear randown to his cheeks. He looked up to the sky, felt really emberassed to himself because he was crying like a baby. He put the wine on the table and wiped his tear away.

He thought being in Jeju will healed him. He thought he could enjoy everything in Jeju. But he was wrong. Whenever he was, the pain will kept on following him. There was no way he could escape.

All those thoughts really gave him a headache. He started to gave his head a little massage and tried his best to controlled his emotion, but then he could felt his phone vibrated on his pocket.

He immediately picked it up and saw the dialer’s name on his phonescreen.

It was his Grandma.

He thought about it for a while, whether to picked it up or not, since he wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone. Even to his Grandma.

 

 

But he picked it up anyway,

“Yes Grandma?” He asked with a very polite way.

“Jiyong can you come here?” Jiyong frowned at his Grandma’s sudden favor. Her voice sounded really panicked and he could sensed that something was wrong.

“What happened Grandma, are you okay?” Jiyong tried to sounded caring but just like usual. He failed. He couldn’t change his voice. He didn’t know when was the last time he used his normal voice. He had forgotten his own voice. And this cold one always came out.

“Im okay, its just.. My Bestfriend in Cheongju fall ill, and she doesn’t have anyone but me to take a good care of her.” Jiyong waited for her to finished her sentence, because he knew, it wasn’t the point.

“ I really owe you a lot if you will stay here, in my house. for 3days.” Jiyong frowned

“ Chaerin cant stays alone” And that is, Jiyong was really shocked when he heard her name, but he was really good at hiding his own expression. He was too good at it until it sometimes troubled him.

 

“Pardon me, Grandma, But what?”

“Please just take a good care of Chaerin. I cant trust anyone but you” Jiyong then facepalmed and tried his best to not let out any sighs.

 

Please not her. He thought. He truly didn’t want to meet her again. Whenever he saw Chaerin, he always sees her, and he will immediately remember all his pasts.

 

“Im sorry Grandma—”

“Jiyong I truly beg you” 

 

Here it was. His Grandma pushed him, and he hated it because he knew he cant help but to fall for it. Its not like he was an easy guy, but he just really respected his Grandma.

Jiyong pressed his lips and closed his eyes tightly, didn’t know what to do anymore.

 

“I will think about it” He finally let out a heavy sigh. He tried to not promise her anything, because he knew.. He wont never do that.

“I know you don’t want to do that, Jiyong. But please, Just for this.. I beg you” She almost sounded like crying right now, and Jiyong really cant help it, he didn’t have another option. Her Grandma had pushed him to his limit.

 

“Alright. I will. Don’t worry” Jiyong finally said but immediately regret it a second after.

 

“Thankyou Jiyong.. Thankyou so much I owe you a lot. I really owe you a lot” He only nodded slightly and whispered a ‘Yes’

“I will be back in three days. Im sorry for bothering you. I truly only trust you. You’re matured enough so I think Chaerin wont have the chance to disobeyed you.”

This time he frowned. Why would she even obeyed him? He was just a stranger for her. Just like how she was just a stranger for him. but of course, he just pushed that question to the back of his head. There was no way he will asked that question to his Grandma.

 

“Alright. I will be there tomorrow morni—“

 

“No!” He startled.

“Tonight. My flight to Cheongju is tonight”

This very moment, He knew that his Grandma is hiding something from him. Its not like He knew every secrets of his Grandma, but he thought that it must be something that he supposed to know.

 

“Tonight? Are you really in rush?”

“Yes. Just please, Jiyong. Take care of Chaerin. Never let her walks alone, never let her being alone even in her room. Make sure she’s save and no ones following her. She is now out for a dinner with her friend, so please be here before she is here”

Jiyong tried to asked her Grandma one more question but she already said her goodbye and hungup.

 

Jiyong knew something was really wrong. There was something really fishy.

 

 

'Why Grandma being so over protective?'

 

'Im sure, Chaerin walked herself to home after she worked in the Café that evening. But why all of sudden I have to become her bodyguard? and never let her walk alone?'

 

 

He truly didn’t want to do everything that his Grandma told him. It just annoyed him to the very core of his lungs. He didn’t like stranger. He really didn’t like them.

Jiyong always thought that a stranger is  a danger.

He wanted to scream out loud. He kept on sighing and countlessly messed his black hair, felt really frustrated to spent his time with the girl named Lee Chaerin.

His Aunt.

Not by blood.

But she was now his aunt.

 

After the last heavy sigh,  he left the balcon to his wardrobe. He packed few clothes and then changed into a thin white cloth, with jeans and a black suit. And after he was done, he took his phone and dialed the Hotel’s Manager number again.

 

“Please take the foods out from my room. I will be gone for days and please do clean my room  and check it out everyday. Make sure nothing is gone, and if there is something moved even for an inch. I will make you pay for it” Jiyong hissed in a go and then hung up without letting him said anything.

It just annoyed him to even heard his voice. In fact he was in a really bad mood to even talk to anyone.

 

And because of his really bad mood he left his floor in a rush, of course he didn’t mean to go to his Grandma’s house right now, he needed something stronger than a wine before spending his time with the blonde brat. He truly didn’t care about her. He was mad. really mad.

He walked down the lobby with a really scary expression. He was in a deep frustration. Every staffs there even felt unsure whether to greet him or not, because he obviously not in a good mood now. He kept on walking but then stopped when he saw a familiar blonde walked into the Hotel's Restaurant with a tall man beside her.

He crooked his head and looked at the blonde’s direction in suspicion.

 

That was Chaerin.

His Aunt.

 

But it wasn’t her that he was looking at.

Jiyong was looking at the man in all black, who was walking a little bit far behind them.

The man wore a mask, sunglasses and a black hat. Jiyong couldnt recognize him at all.

But then, he blinked his eyes when he realized something.

 

 

It wasnt the first time he saw that mysterious man.

It was absolutely his third.

 

 

And that time he knew what was really wrong.

 

 

 

*

 

Author's note :

Hello everyone, this is the second chapter and i hope you enjoyed it. I wonder if you get bored with the story? idk but i think this chapter is really boring since its too long. kkkkkkkk

please let me know your thoughts about this story.

Thankyou so much ^^ xoxo.