Chapter Three - The Night

A Sudden Love

.

 

.

 

.

 

“Get in the car” He said.

Chaerin didnt move. She only stood there, without saying anything and looked at the man after her. The man groaned in frustration before walked towards her, Chaerin could clearly tell how mad the man was at her.

But she didnt understand why.

Why did he suddenly came and just dragged her like that? He didn’t even say anything to Kris and just dragged her to his car, saying that their grandma told him to do so, was totally bull for her, as her grandma was really happy, she finally hang out with Kris.

Everything was nonsense, moroever he refused to explained everything and kept on using the ‘grandma-told-me-to-do-this’ excuse.

What did he want actually?

“Explain, can you?” Chaerin had been asking him the very same question for like God knows how many times.

“Get in first, can you?” Jiyong answered with the very same answer at the same amount of times.

“I said, explaination first. I know everything that you said are a lie” Chaerin confidently said. He actually had pushed her to the very limit of annoyance, she might be scared of him, because of the way he acted before, but today he confused her too much, she should stand for herself at very least.

“Before ‘He’ sees us. You better get in the car, Now” He whispered to her ear and her heart immediately skipped a beat, not because what he said to her—actually she didn’t even hear him clearly- but because of his breathe on her neck, sent a shiver through her spine, and killing almost all her body’s cells. with that, she knew spending more time with the man goes by the name Kwon Jiyong wont be really healthy.

“I don’t care whatever you said anymore” With a few confidences that were left inside of her, she glared at him in an annoyance, then walked away. But before she could even walked for a centimeter, Jiyong grabbed her hands and pushed her into the car harshly, and in a second, without she knew, and before she could escape, He already started the engine and the car started moving in a full speed.

Chaerin looked at him in disbelief, Is he just kidnapping me?

 

“Stop the car” She said now losing her patience,

“You are surprisingly stubborn, huh?” Jiyong sarcasmly yet coldly said.

“And you are surprisingly mannerless, huh?”

“Just stay quite” he said in final.

 

Chaerin hissed under her breathe, she didn’t want to answer or fired him back anymore. She knew he wouldn’t let her go for this moment with some reasons, and she knew it was useless to argue with someone like him.

She chose to give up and just sat quietly while looked outside the window. Jiyong drove the car in a full speed, and Chaerin didn’t have any thought to complain either. First because she actually liked speed, second because she hated Jiyong, and didn’t want to start any conversation with him.

Slowly, Chaerin drowned into her own thoughts, she looked out the window, and tried to cool herself, while sang a song in her mind, until she realized something, that she supposed to realize since a while ago.

 

“wait, where are you taking me?” Chaerin looked at her surrounding. That wasn’t absolutely the way home. It was an empty streets, with only few stores opened, the street looked pretty creepy with the dim lights.

Is he even know this place? He is not from Jeju afterall!

 

“Its not the way home!” she told him again, this time her voice raised, but Jiyong acted like Chaerin wasn’t there at all, he igonored her and just kept on driving while occasionally looked at the rearview mirror. “When someone asks you something, you should answer them right away, right?” She said with the very same things that he just told her two days ago.

“Hold into your seatbelt tightly” He suddenly said instead of answering. Chaerin was too annoyed by him to understand what he was saying, until she felt the car jolt and spinned around the road and conduce a noisy sound.

She was really shocked, and screamed really hard. She didn’t expect that coming, but she could feel an arms protecting her body from shaking. She held into that arms tightly. Everything was so fast, she didn’t remember when the car stopped, she didn’t feel anything, neither pain or other things. She looked up and saw Jiyong told her something, before walked out from the car.

Again, she didn’t  hear him clearly, this time because the huge shock that was remain on her chest. It was hard for her to kept calm and focused, all she knew, she was glad that she still can opened her eyes, means she was alive.

She stayed inside the car, while trying to cool herself. So many things happened in one night, and that was all because of Kwon Ji Yong, everything gave her a really bad headache.

Chaerin took a deep breath before exhaling the air. She kept on doing that for a few minutes, before she heard someone opened the door.

She looked back at the rear seat and saw Jiyong pushed someone into the car. Chaerin immdiately gasped in shock, thought that they just hitted someone, but to her relief the man looked fine without any bloods or wounds.. yet instead she could smell a really strong alcohol from him.

 

 

 “Ahhh~~ hyunggg!! Lets go for some drink hyeongggg~~ Jiyong hyeonggg”

 

Chaerin frowned, once he heard the drunk silver haired man just called Jiyong’s name. She immediately looked at Jiyong who was just entered the car and stared at him waiting for any explaination.

 

“A Friend”

That’s all he said.

 

“Did we by any chance hitted your friend?” Chaerin asked wanting a more detailed story from him.

 

“No”

 

“Then why the car spinned?”

 

“I do it in purpose”

 

“For what?”

 

 

“For fun?” He slightly smiled, or more likely smirked at her then chuckled evilishly, before started the engine again.

Chaerin cant believe what she just heard, but she knew that he was lying. She wasn’t that stupid anyway. She knew that, he only avoided any other questions from her.

As if they hated each other so much, she decided to just played along with everything that he said, having a long conversation with him wont give her any benefit anyway, instead it just gave her more headache than before.

“aren’t we going home now? “ Chaerin tiredly asking him while giving her head a little message, yet, again, and as expected, Jiyong didn’t say anything,

“You must be a type of person who could only say something but cant do anything? Well, speak more, and do less?” She chuckled and Jiyong looked at her confused, “remember? When someone asked you something, you supposed to answer them right away? Today you aren’t that kind of person, I see, Mr. Kwon?”

 

“I chose the question wisely, and your questions are sickening, Ms. Lee” He answered in the most mocking way, to the point Chaerin almost bark on him. But Chaerin was wise enough to just let the conversation stopped. It was stupid to keep on arguing with someone like him—that was what she thought.

After that they kept on silence. Chaerin started to feel sleepy, while Jiyong just drove to nowhere. Chaerin didnt care about that anymore. She was too tired, and her eyes getting heavier, but when she was about to go to the dreamland, a weird noises from behind immadiately woke her up.

A Vomit Noise.

 

 

“Ahhh water water”

 

Chaerin looked back and found the man was totally covered with his own vomit. Chaerin felt a sudden nausea while Jiyong slightly groaned, but his groan sounded more like a resigned moans. Chaerin could see how angry Jiyong was at the poor man, yet he seemed to be someone who couldn’t just show his anger.

 

“Im telling you to stop the car or not he will vomited more, your chose. Your car afterall” Chaerin adviced.

“A motel would do” Jiyong whispered to himself once he saw an old looking motel in the corner of the road.

 

 

*

 

The night went by slowly. That was a long-tired-night for Chaerin and also for Jiyong. He had to handled his drunk friend who was very touchy and noisy towards him. God knows how many times Jiyong cursed on him inside his mind, but after 15 minutes of handling his annoying friend, Jiyong finally gave up and just threw his drunk friend into the floor.

 

If just his friend wasn’t one of the best employee he had, he probably already killed him.

 

He was really tired, All the things that happened tonight, drained all his energies. He wanted to sleep but he had to clean himself first. He decided to just rested his head on the couch for awhile, and waiting for Chaerin to use the bathroom. He gave his head a little massage and closed his eyes, but suddenly the mysterious figure that he saw tonight popped up on his mind.

He opened his eyes and start to remembering what just happened hours ago. He was so close to catch him but, that man easily tricked him.

 

 

Flashback

 

“Stay on the car, don’t go anywhere” Jiyong said, then get off from his car. He walked carefully to the expensive black BMW that had been following them since they were inside the Hotel. He was sure that he always saw that man in wherever Chaerin around him.

First, Infront of the Café. He was the man that bumped into him that time, when he thought Chaerin was her.

The second time was infront of their Grandma’s house, he saw that man infront of the house when he was about to got back to his Hotel,

and third was tonight, inside of the Hotel near the Restaurant.. He was tall and muscular, wearing everything in black. Jiyong finally understood with his Grandma’s favor, His Grandma knew about this man too. She absolutely knew.

 

That was why, that time, without a second thought, Jiyong dragged Chaerin out from the Hotel, and brought her with him. He knew, that man would following them, so he drove the car to an empty street, so he could swerve and block that mysterious man's car’s way.

 

Jiyong was now infront of the car while absorving it, waiting for the man to came out. He already expect the worst thing that might happened. He was ready for anything, yet after waiting for like 2 minutes, no ones came out from the car, so he decided to just knocked on the door,

“Excuse me, sir” He said,but no responses. Losing his patience he opened the door and to his surprise, a sleeping silver haired man greeted him with a weird smile on his face, probably had a 'pleasant' dream.

“Seungri?”

The drunk man slowly opened his eyes and looked up. His smile grew bigger once he saw Jiyong infront of him, “Oh?! Hyeongg! You are here!!” He suddenly walked out from the car to hugged him. Jiyong was surprised with the smell and immediately covered his nose. He smelled really bad.

“Seungri, what are you doing he—“ before Jiyong could finished his sentance his eyes catched something.

The  man who was supposed to be in his arm right now—or so what he thought, stood not really far from them while fixing his black cap. Jiyong’s eyes widened. He pushed Seungri away and tried to run for that man, but before he could even catch him up, the man got into his car and drove away from there.

 

 

 

“, He tricked me”

 

-Flashback End-

 

Jiyong frowned at his thoughts. He was sure that the  man’s main target was Chaerin. That was for sure. He didn’t know whether he should call the police or not, but he thought that it will be better to asked his Grandma first. He took out his phone from his pocket to call his grandma. But to his surprise, his phone was run out of battery. Good enough that he also didn’t bring a charger.

 

 

“Just Great” Jiyong nodded, then sighed heavily.

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

A sound of steps were heard on the house. A man in all black walked towards the dark-empty-living room while looking at all the smiling faces on the wall. He took one of them and took it out from the frame before looking at it closely.

It was a picture of a little girl, smiling happily with her messy blonde hair.

 

The man smiled slightly, “Here you are”

He put the picture inside his jacket’s pocket before walking towards the window.

It was a beautiful night. The moon was shining brightly, and the stars were clearly seen. But then his eyes landed on the house across the street—more likely looked at that house’s window on the second floor.

 

 

“Now.. to think about it, I've become a monster..” He sighed, but suddenly chuckled while remembering what happened a while ago.

He almost get caught, surprisingly by someone that he hated the most. He didn’t knew that he actually had something with the girl. Glad he wasnt that smart, so he tricked him easily.

 

“Kwon Ji Yong.. how come you always everywhere”

 

"But this time i wont let you ruin everything again"

He fixed his black cap and looked at the house across the road for the last time with so much hatred, before leaving the house before anyone noticed.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Author's note:

Hello everyone, im back! its been a year since the last time i updated this story. Im sorry for the the long waiting, yet thank you for that too. I was really really busy with school to the point i cant find a proper time to write again. But its a school break right now, and my schedule is finally vacant. Once again, thankyou very much for everyone who subscribed to this story and also gave a comment. At first i thought about giving up on this story, yet whenever i read the comments, it always give me strenght to continue again. Thankyou very much and enjoy the story ^^

Please let me know what do you think about this story too ^_^