Chapter One - You?

A Sudden Love

.

 

.

 

.

 

“Two Iced Caramel Macchiato, and A Ham Sandwich please”  a brunette girl said with a friendly smile on her face. The blonde waiter then wrote the order on her note, before smiling at her customer back.

“Two iced caramel macchiato and a ham sandwich will be served soon. Have a nice day” The blonde smiled once again before leaving her customer. After hanging the orders, she came back and started to wipe every empty table there.

This is Chaerin’s daily life. She’s such a hard working woman. Even though she has a genius brain, she chose to leave her study, and focus on her loving grandma. She just wanted to take a good care of her, just like what her Grandma did for the past 13 years. She always had that thought to repay everything that her grandma ever gave her. Her Grandma has told her million times to just continue her study, but..

Its not Chaerin if She’s not stubborn.

 

“Chaerin!” someone suddenly called her name. She turned around to see who it was, and found her bestfriend, Kris smiling at her. She smiled back before wiped the table again, waiting for him to approached her.

“Busy?” He asked. Chaerin nodded her head, and looked at him who was already standing beside her "i think your mom is in her office" she replied.

"Nope. i come here not for my mother"

"Then what? i thought today you will have a night shift" Chaerin who was done wiping the table now looked at him.

If just she knew how nervous Kris was when Chaerin staring at him like that. He kept biting his lip while thinking deeply. Chaerin tried to read his mind, but failed when he suddenly looked up, and met her eyes but looked down in a second.

 

"Ah.. its.. that..  i just.. i wanted.ah..  no.  I mean.. I wonder…"

Chaerin frowned and kept waiting for him to finished his sentence. After a heavy sigh, Kris hissed before looked at Chaerin’s feline eyes once again.

 

“wanna hangout tonight?”

 

Chaerin stood there, looking at him and thought about it for a little while. She tried to understand what actually he wanted to tell her. Chaerin suddenly had a question in her mind but before she even asked, Kris answered her "i've asked my mom for a permission to not working in here tonight.. so yeah.. do.. you.. yeah.. i mean..” Kris really didn’t know what to say. He was really nervous by the way Chaerin staring at him. He didn’t sure but he thought, Chaerin was a bit uncomfortable by his sudden invitation.

“Don’t get me wrong. I just asked you to hangout. You know.. as a friends. Not more than that, you know.. I..” He continued. He was scared if Chaerin will get him wrong, and will be mad at him. So he tried to explain the thing, even though what people sees about Kris's feelings towards her is right.

 

"Im sorry.." Chaerin slowly said, and Kris immediately sighed.

“Ah. Its okay”

"I meant.. I have promised my Grandma to come home early today.. so.. i dont think i can go with you tonight. His grandson is coming over here, and will have a dinner with us. This is the first time I will meet my Grandma’s relative so I don’t think I can skip that. Sorry" Chaerin explained out and Kris nodded.

 

“Ah.. Okay.. maybe ne—“

“How about this Sunday?” Chaerin suddenly spoke up. Kris widened his eyes in disbelief. He frozen at his place, and forgot how to breath for a few seconds, and then he heard Chaerin called his name twice.

“Sunday?” Kris asked, finally let out a huge and bright smile. "Yup, with Minju of course" Chaerin innocently said, and make Kris's smile immediately faded.

 

“Nope! I don’t want to go anywhere with that baboon! mehrong~” suddenly someone put her arms around Chaerin’s shoulder while mockingly gave her tongue out to Kris. She was no other than the little blonde, Jeon Minju.

Minju is Kris’s little cousin and also Chaerin’s bestfriend since they were very young. Kris met Chaerin from Minju who helped her to look for a part time job that time, and here they were. working at the same place, in Kris’s Mother’s Café, JejuDo Café.

“Shut up pig, nah I will just go now. See you in Sunday, then” Kris walked away from them and left in a minute. Minju looked at him and hissed under her breath get pretty annoyed by Kris’s existence.

“Unni, seriously stay away from him. He’s a player” Minju seriously warn Chaerin while nodding her head. Chaerin rolled her eyes while giggled before leaving Minju alone and went to the kitchen. She took the order and served it to her customer before took a little rest on the empty table where she found Minju sitting there while playing with her phone.

“Hey, are you sure you wont come this Sunday?” Chaerin asked. Minju seemed to not hear anything and just kept on playing with her phone while smiling creepily.

Chaerin anxiously frowned.

 

“Yah!” Minju shouted when Chaerin took her phone and saw who she was texting to, she frowned more when she read the name of the guy and saw his line’s display picture. The guy looked so pretty, Chaerin never liked pretty boys. But then again.. That’s Minju’s type.

“Byung Junhoe? Who? Your new boyfriend?” Chaerin asked. Minju then smiled at her and started to tell her about that Junhoe guy that turned out to be her senior in college, and had been going out with her lately. She also told her about her little crush towards a young lecture that seemed to liked her back. Well that’s Minju. She was too beautiful, guys drooled over her. But that didn’t make her look like a who will accepted every guys that fell for her. She has a type. and her type ideal is extremely high.

Chaerin kindly listened to every story that she told her, and secretly felt a little bit jealous with Minju’s college life. She knew how fun it will be to continue her study.

But nope. Her Grandma was always become her number one priority.

 

“Unni. I know you miss studying” Minju suddenly said. Chaerin only gave her a bitter smile while playing with her note. How came this young woman can read her that easily?

Of course Minju can. She had been with Minju since she was 9 years old. That time Chaerin was really shy towards people around her, she always watched the kids from a far, but then Minju who was her neighbor came and played with her all day. She loved Minju so much as her little sister and also her bestfriend. But sadly,  a year ago, Minju moved out from her house to another neighborhood.

 

"Just continue unni"

Truthfuly Chaerin always tried to avoid this kind of conversation, because all people would said the same thing

'just continue'. She actually sick of those words because she can denied it anymore that she really wanted to continue. But she just couldnt. Her Grandma wanted her to be in SNU, but her Grandma wont come with her to Seoul, while Chaerin wont leave her alone in Jeju.

 

"If you wont to continue your study in SNU, then atleast choose one of a university in here" Chaerin looked up and bited her lips. Actually she had been thinking about that too. She even already discussed it with her Grandma, but her Grandma was so stubborn to sent her to Seoul National University.

When she was deep in her thought suddenly the door bell startled the both of them and a customer walked in while looking for the right place to sit.

“Ah. There’s a new customer. Go and change Minju. You will take over my afternoon shift today. Mine will be over soon!” Chaerin said and left Minju on the table sighed at her bestfriend.

 

 

 

In another place, Three waiters was busy serving lots of food on the balcony table in one of the most expensive room in LC Jeju Hotel

The owner of the room itself only sat there with his eyes glued to his phone. His hair was wet and he was still wearing his bathrobe. He then looked up when he saw all the waiters are done setting the table.

He took his wallet out from his bathrobe’s pocket and took lots of money before giving it to the three waiters. The waiters politely bowed 90 degress before leaving him alone.

 

 “Why are they serving so much food for breakfast? I didn’t even order anything” He chuckled.

There were indeed so many foods on the table, like breads, sandwiches, spaghetti, salads, fruits and many more. There are even 4 kinds of drink that they served for him only. Coffee, Juice, Milk, and Tea.

He shaked his head and looked away felt like losing an appetite. This kind of Hotel who gave him a special treatment, just because he is the largest shareholders of the Hotel truly disgusted him.

He then bited his nail while observed the foods one by one. He took the nearest bread from him, bited it and chew it slowly. After 3 bites of bread, he put it on his plate, and took a glass of coffee, but then he put it back on the table after the very first sip. He shaked his head, felt so unsatisfied with the taste of it.

"Thats the worst" He nodded before took his phone again and looked for the hotel’s manager number then dialed it.

 

“Mr. Oh. I want you to take all the foods from my room. im done eating" He said with his usual cold tone.

"Alright, Mr. Kwon. We will also clean your room, dont wo--”

"I just tell you to take the food out, not cleaning my room" he said emphasized his words.

“Ah. Im sorry, Mr.Kwon. Do you want to take a walk around Jeju? Or do you want me to call your personal driv--?" without letting him finished his words, He hung up and then put his phone back to the table. He didnt like it when people talked too much and try to interested him. in fact he hated everyone aside from his family. everyone is like a warn for him to stay carefull. He always thought that people are dangerous, so he always kept himself alone. Even your closest person can betray you. isn’t it?

He walked towards his bedroom and start to change into his black suit. He had a place to go today, so he wanted to look good. He didn’t use a tie though, instead he just let the top button opened. He wanted to look polite yet a little casual.

 

After done changing he went back to the balcon to get his phone and wallet. When he about to put his wallet on his pocket suddenly he could sense something dropped from it. He looked down, and try to find what it was and ended up found a beautiful necklace with a love pendant on the floor. He took it and looked at it for a while. The pendant truly sent him a shiver to every inch of his vein. Everything came into his mind just by looking at it. He really wanted to throw it away but he just couldn’t. Instead he always found himself opened the pendant and looked at the picture inside it.

Her laughs, Her smiles, Her scent. Everything sounded and looked so real in his mind. He hated how hard it is for him to forget her. He closed his eyes and pressed his lips, hope he will sees her once he opened his eyes. But when he did.

Nothing.

No ones there.

 

He held the pendant tightly, and ruffled his own hair harshly out of frustration.

“How dare you left me like this..” he hissed. The memories are still fresh on his mind. It kept on playing over and over again like a movie in the theater.

He walked towards the balcon and held the fence tightly. felt really depressed all of sudden. He looked down and tried to control his mind again, but then something caught his eyes.

A Café shop, near the hotel.

He nodded his head, agreed with his self discussion

 

“Alright. A cup of Coffee will help, I guess”

 

 

He walked down the street by himself towards the Café that he just saw from his hotel’s room balcony. He didn’t like to be following around with a bodyguard or whatever is it. He liked to be by himself only. He felt free by himself.

When he entered the Café, he walked straight to the counter and looked up to the menus.

“What do you like to have Mr?” Asked a middle aged woman who was standing infront of him.

“Just A Hot Americano Coffee, please” Jiyong politely said, and paid it immediately. When the woman is busy with the transaction, he saw a blonde woman entered the counter, busy with her phone but then looked up and met his eyes. Jiyong’s eyes widened once he saw the very familiar feline eyes that he had missed for years. The blonde only smiled at him and bowed politely, before turned to the woman who was done with their transaction.

“Mrs. Wu im going back home now” The girl said. Jiyong's eyes kept following the girl and studied every move she made. The girl realized it and looked at him, feeling a little bit uncomfortable with his stare.

“Ah Rinnie, before you go, can you help me and make a Hot Americano for this man, I have to go to check on something, I will be back in a few minutes, is it okay for you?” He saw the girl nodded but her eyes nervously locked with Jiyong’s.

 

No. Its not her. He kept telling himself that, but he cant help but to stare at the poor girl who was busy making his order, once she was done, he saw she sighed heavily, before turned back to him with a very friendly smile,

 

and without he knew, his heart was beating faster than usual.

 

“This is your Americano Coffee, enjoy and have a nice day ahead Mr” The girl bowed politely. Jiyong nodded his head slightly, he wanted to go but, his heart told him to stay still.  The girl obviously tried to avoid his eyes, wished he will go soon, but Jiyong didnt move even an inch from his place, luckly there was no queue.

After a few minutes of awkwardness, he saw that middle aged woman cameback. The girl looked so relieved, and immediately took her bag with her, before saying her goodbye and walked out from the Cafe.

He didn’t sure what it was, but his legs brought him out from the Café and followed the girl. He tried to reach her, but someone from behind suddenly bumped into him.

A tall man in all black with a hat, mask and a black glasses said his sorry to Jiyong. Jiyong frowned at the strange man but then looked up again to look for the blonde.

 

But.. She was already nowhere to be found.

 

 

 

*

 

 

“Woah~~ What’s up today?! Christmas Day? Where is the Christmas Tree?!” Chaerin squaled in joy when she saw all the foods that her Grandma made for the dinner. Chaerin then took a kimbab from the table, and before she even eat it, she heard her Grandma scolded her from The Kitchen.

“Chaerin! Do not touch anything!”

She shrugged and ate it in one go. She didnt care. She was really hungry and needed something to eat. But then someone smacked her shoulder when she about to eat the dried seaweed, "I told you to not touch anything!" Chaerin  giggled then immediately put her best aegyo. "But im hungry"

 

"Nope, it wont work this time" Her Grandma said. Chaerin then pouted while frowned, "its not usual, you sick?" Chaerin put her palm on her Grandma's forehead but then get slapped by her. "Better you help me in the Kitchen!" Her Grandma then dragged her to the kitchen to help her.

Chaerin was actually a good cook. She learn from her Grandma of course. Chaerin indeed loved to cook because she always had a dream to be a good mother. She was good at cooking korean foods and american foods. But for today, they will had a dinner with korean foods, since her Grandma said, that her grandson really missed korean foods.

Chaerin was cooking the white kimchi and made a seaweed soup. She also set the table with a handkerchief and candles to make it more beautiful and warm.

When both of them were busy with the dinner’s meal suddenly the house bell rang. Both were startled on their place. But because her Grandma was still busy with the foods, Chaerin ran towards the door and unlocked it before opened it to welcome their guest.

But to her surprise, she found a gorgeous man standing infront of her with a bag of wines.

 

“You?”

 

 

Author's note :

Hei everyone, first of all im really is sorry. this story supposed to be posted a week after i posted the forewords and descriptions. i've done with the first chapter before i even uploaded this story. but i kept on changing the plot because i felt a little bit unsatisfied with it. I didnt want you to be dissapointed  with this story.

for me, first chapter means everything. if the first chapter is not good enough, then ppl will stop reading it. so i worked so hard.

 

please tell me if its good or bad. it will be a pleasure for me to hear your thoughts. anyway my first language is not english, this is my first story so i guess there must be lots of mistakes and typos. please bear me. hehehe ^_^

 

Thanks for those who subscribed and votes this story! Love you xoxo.

Also i wonder what do you think about the main poster of this story. Actually there is the third person there, but i cropped it. Guess who it will be? ;P