Sequel: Part One

My Stray Pet

"So Ah-ri, What are you doing today?"

"Nothing much... I guess... Ohh wait we still have exams coming up. I need to study."

"Seriously... Again? You really need to take a break for once in your life."

"But..."

"No 'buts' Kim Ah-ri..." your friend Taemi suddenly stopped as she noticed you were not by her side right now. "Ah-ri? Ah-ri?" she then saw you squatting down in front of a box. She went to your side and looked inside the box. There was a puppy. It was probably a golden retriever.

"Uhmmm... Ah-ri... Earth to Ah-ri..."

"Huh? What? Oh hey there Taemi." you spoke to your friend as you still kept staring at the puppy who was currently sleeping.

"Seriously? I have been with you like a couple of minutes ago and you treat me like I just got here?"

"Shhhh..... The puppy is sleeping."

"Look, if you like the puppy that much, you could just take it home with you. Right?"

"Good idea Taemi. Thanks." You took out your extra tshirt out of your bag and wrapped the puppy with it. It was a really nice puppy. I didn't bite you. Actually he likes you a lot. His tail was wagging with excitement. He started to you like he was kissing you. "Awww... I like you too..." You said as you hugged him, smiling widely.

You went back to your house and gently put down the puppy at the floor. "Welcome to your new home~" you said as you looked at him. He looked back at you with such cute eyes. It kinda made you remember someone you once knew.

You went to the living room and throwed your bag into the couch. The puppy just followed you. You sat at the couch, looking exhausted. You came back to your senses and looked right back at the puppy. He was looking at you while his head was tilted for a bit.

"I should think of a name for you if your going to stay here." You picked him up and carried him way above your head.

After much thinking, you thought of a name that reminded you of one person. "I'll call you Chan."

The puppy barked right at you like he agreed at that name. Again, wagging his tail with happiness. "It seems that you like that name too. Chan it is then!" You brought him close to your face to give him a little kiss on his forehead. Given this chance, he quickly you back. You were just giggling from his sudden actions.

"Good boy..." you pat his head. "But first, you need a bath. You're full of grease already. Have you been in that box for a long time?" you asked, he just barked right at you.