Chapter 4

My Stray Pet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Wednesday. Tomorrow was the annual School Festival. You got more busier than the other days.

Classes were suspended after lunch for the school to prepare. 

Taemi and Sunmi were walking around checking on everyone. They even went to the school gate. And they saw Gongchan.

"Gongchan!!!" 

"Ohh~ Hey. Sunmi-ah, Taemi-ah~"

"Gongchan!! We're bored~ classes ended early. For the preparation of the school festival." Sunmi whined.

"Oh.. Jinjja? Well.. Where do you wanna go? It seems that Ah-ri will be busy and I understand her." he said.

"Yah.. you are really falling in love with her aren't you?" Taemi nudged Gongchan at his side. with a playful grin in . I.. I think so too.." he rubbed his neck rather shyly. 

Both girls looked at him. "Aigoo!! So cute!!!" they both pinched his cheeks. Which made him yelp in pain. The girls were shocked. "Mianhae!!" the both of them were sorry. "Nae.. Gwenchanayo. Aren't you two bored. So, where do you wanna go.?" he asked still rubbing his red cheeks.

"Hmm?" "How about your house?" Taemi suggested. "EHH?? M-My house?" his eyes widened. He looked a bit shocked. "Yeah~ We haven't gone to your house yet did we? Let's go?" Sunmi jumped in excitement. 

All of them just walked away from the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two girls skipped in unison while on the way to Gongchan's house. But they didn't know where exactly it was. So they tried asking Gongchan. When they turned around to ask him, he looked depressed.

"H-Hey.. Gwenchana? Where's the way to your house?" Sunmi asked.

"Molla.." he softly answered. "Mollayo.. I don't know where my house is.." he was looking depressed. "Ehh? Jinjja? You do live here in this city right?" Taemi asked. Sunmi kept walking. "I think here it is Taemi~" Sunmi was pointing at a mailbox. It had the name 'Sik Residence'. "Gongchan Sik is your full name right? Channie?" "Y-Yeah.."

Taemi pressed the doorbell. About a minute or two passed. Someone opened the door. "Annyeong haseyo~" both girls bowed in unison. "Annyeong Haseyo.. what do you need?" the old lady asked. "omo.. are you Gongchan's friends?" she asked but with no strength in her voice. "Nae eommoni~" Sunmi smiled. "Come in~ You can light sticks for him if you want.."

"My son is a nice boy. But I'm really sad that he's gone now.." she was sobbing. Both girls were stunned at what they had heard.

They finally left the place. Gongchan was still following them. But he suddenly collapsed at the bench nearby. Tears were coming down fast from his eyes. He was containing his tears earlier.

****In his mind****

I remember now.. I'm not really Gongchan Sik... That's why I can't remember my own house. I'm just a merely fake person stealing someone's identity.

Someone who is now....

 

 

dead.

 

 

I'm such a terrible person. I lied to everyone. Especially, to Ah-ri..

Who am I exactly? I can't remember!! 

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Nugu?????!!!

Who am I?????

****END****

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"H-How are we going to explain this to Ah-ri?" Sunmi was scared at the same time sad for both you and Gongchan. Both of the girls knew Gongchan is a nice and caring boy. They hugged Gongchan. Who was now depressed and bursting into tears. All of them were sad. This was a hard day for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, the school festival came. Everyone were busy in their own booths. The school council were busy too. But by the end of the first half of the day, they let you have a break. Since you had a free time, you picked Gongchan from the school gate. 

"Channie!!" you were skipping happilly towards him.

"Y-Yo~" he waved hello. "Kajja~ Let's go have some fun." you pulled him inside the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both of you played so much games in different booths. You even ate so many food. It was night time. You remembered that there would be fireworks later.

You pulled Gongchan's arm towards the school garden. "What are we doing here?" he asked still munching on his ice cream stick.

"There would be fireworks later. I think this is the best spot to watch and admire them." you smiled looking up the skies. Gongchan looked up at the sky too.

Few minutes later, the fireworks starter. Both of you watched in awe. Suddenly, Gongchan spoke. "Hey.. You know.. Love is like a firework from the past... It's more beautiful for it to go to pieces and scatter far off." 

****In his mind****

Now I remember him. 

Gong Chan Sik...

That was the name of the person most important to me.

We spent so much time together. And that person entrusted me with his last wish.

And I am here to grant that wish

****END****

You turned to look at him. You started to admire his eyes that were sparkling that night.

"Hey Ah-ri.. Do you still remember that wish thing?" he asked out of the blue.

"Huh? Yeah.. Now I remember." you smiled.

"Do you still wanna use it? You know.. Since it was my mission to get your wish come true." he explained as he put his hand in his pocket and grabbed a little red pouch.

You were thinking what kind of wish you wanted. "Have you thought of something yet?" he asked.

"Yup..."

 

"Please... Love me.."

"Forever..."

"..and ever..."

 

Gongchan was surprised at your words. But you continued saying your wish.

"Please continue to love me forever and ever. That's.. what I wish for.." in a minute flash, you kissed him on the cheek.

He was stunned at your actions. When you looked up at him, tears poured down little by little. You were shocked. "Huh? Did I surprise you? Mianhae." you said rubbing your neck rather shyly.

He just bowed his head and shook it. 

*****In his mind*****

It looks like I did loved her.

Though it was only for a matter of short period of time. The time we spent together was precious.

I liked how Taemi and Sunmi were nice to me too. I loved the time we all spent together.

****END****

"Aigoo.. Why are you crying so much?" you chuckled.

"I'm sorry.."

"You're really one of those people who can't be left alone, aren't you?" you got a handkerchief from your pocket and tried wiping away his tears.

"Ah-ri.."

"Hmm?"

"Thank you..."

"Thank you very much.." still, tears kept flowing from his eyes.

"Uhh.. I should buy us some drinks. Stay here okay?" you left him by the bench in the school garden. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You returned at the place where you left him. Carrying two cans of cola. But when you returned, he was nowhere to be found.

So you tried looking for him at the festival. There were so many people. It was going to be hard for you to find him in the crowd.

You kept looking and looking. Until. You saw a figure. You looked closer, it was definitely him. You could recognize him at his back.

"Gongchan~! Gongchan~!" you tried calling him, thinking he would hear you voice through the crowd. Luckily, he heard you and turned around. He smiled and said something. But you didn't heard it. As you were about to walk more closer, a person walked by. By the time that person walked by, Gongchan was nowhere to be found. You collapsed at the ground. Crying all your tears.

An echo suddenly timbered your ears.

"Farewell... Ah-ri..."