Chapter 3

My Stray Pet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a rainy day.

You were on your way to school. You thought that maybe Gongchan was not around since it was raining.

Walking on an uphill, you saw a figure standing in front of the school gate. As you walked closer, you saw Gongchan standing still, looking so cold because of the rain. You immediately ran to him because you were so worried.

"PABO!! Are you insane?" you immediately covered him with an umbrella. Gongchan didn't say a word. He just looked you with teary eyes. You felt his hands with your hands. He was really cold. You couldn't really care less now. You took him inside the school and found an empty classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You returned to the empty classroom where Gongchan was. You were carrying a towel and some extra gym clothes.

"Glad I could borrow some spare gym clothes for you." You were rubbing his hair with the towel to make him dry. "Aigoo.. I didn't know that I would always take care of you like a little kid." you sighed.

"I'm sorry..."

He whispered out of nowhere. "Huh? Sorry for what?" you tilted your head. "You don't need to be sorry.. It's fine." you smiled.

"I'm really sorry.." you felt something wet on your hands. It was tears.

"I'm really sorry. You had to always take care of me. I'm really sorry. You saved my life again. Jeongmal mianhae." he was literally crying. It made your heart soften. You wiped away his tears which made him look up to your face.

"Look.. It's really okay. Since you came, my life became a lot more fun. At first, I thought no one would like me. But you did." you smiled at him.

He looked up. You wiped away his last tear. Suddenly, he hugged you. 

"..Gomawo.." he whispered in your ears. Again, it made you blush. But you just hugged him back.

Your hugs was broken when the school bellarrow-10x10.png rang.

"Ohh.. I gotta go now! When the hallways are clear. Make sure you get out easily and swiftly." you patted his head. "See Ya later arraso?" you swiftly left.

"Bye!" he waved while holding a paper bag with his clothes on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gongchan was back at the school gate, waiting for you. Gladly, the rain finally stopped when he got outside. 

It was end of school hours. Gongchan saw many students going home already. He got excited because it was already time for him to see you.

"Oh! Ah-ri's boyfriend! Yo!" Gongchan looked at his side to see Jinyoung. "I'm not his boyfriend." he explained. "Ohh Jinjja?" "Nae.." "I see.. Oh yeah.. What was your name again?" he asked. "Gongchan.." "Hey.. Gongchan-ssi.. can you do me a favor?" "Favor?" "Yeah.."

There was a minute of silence. But Jinyoung continued.

"I know Ah-ri likes me a lot. The truth is I already have a girlfriend. She's a really nice and charming girl. And I don't want to break her heart. So can you do me a favor if you can tell her this?"

Gongchan was shocked at what Jinyoung just said. This would really break your heart. And he doesn't know how to tell it to you in a less painful way. It was a shock even to him. He knew you really liked Jinyoung. 

"Are you sure about this Jinyoungie? Ah-ri is such a nice girl" her girlfriend spoke. "I hope so. It's for the best." Jinyoung replied. "Well I guess we should go now. See Ya~" Jinyoung and his girlfriend left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You fixed your things as fast as you can as soon as the bellarrow-10x10.png rang. You hurriedly went to the school gate where Gongchan would always wait for you.

"Channie!~" you ran to him calling his name. You saw that he looked a bit down.

"Gwenchana? Have you gotten sick already?" You touched his forehead to see if he had a fever. 

He didn't speak. He seemed fine earlier. He doesn't feel hot too. So he doesn't have a fever. Still, he looked down.

"Hey.. Are you ok? Gongchan! Speak." you seemed really worried.

"I'm fine.." he said in a soft voice. Then he started walking.

"H-Hey! Wait up!" you ran to him.

As soon you got next to him, you breathed heavily. "What's your problem today? Are you really fine? Yah!!" 

The both of you stopped at a bridge. 

"H-Hey.. I have story I would like you to hear. It's about my f-friend."

"eh?? S-sure.." 

"She was a highschool student like you. And she really like this boy. A senior boy to be exact. One day, when she was walking home, she saw this boy with another girl. They looked so happy. But it broke her heart to see it. The next day, she found out that it was his girlfriend. It really broke her heart so much. But eventually, she became happy for them. She had mixed feelings. What do you think?" he asked.

You didn't responded. 

"H-Hey.. Ah-ri?" when he looked up to see what happened. He saw you standing still, staring at someone. He looked at his back to where you were looking at. He got shocked at what he had seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinyoung and his girlfriend were walking, happy with each other.

You were shocked at what you saw that tears started falling one by one.

"H-Hey..  Gongchan... I guess the girl in your story was a nice girl. But I feel sad for her at the same time happy." 

"Ah-ri..." he hugged you in sudden the moment you fell on your knees.

You kept sobbing. Trying to cry everything. Gongchan just embraced you in his arms. "Gwenchanayo.. Cry while you can.. I'm here.. I promise." Tears started to fall from him too. You felt his tears in your back.

You stopped crying and looked up at his face. You wiped his tears and smiled. "Why are you crying PABO?" you giggled while wiping his tears.

"B-Because.." he kept sniffing.

"Aigoo.. It's okay.." "Jinjja? But you were hurt by someone you like so much." You patted his head then smiled.

"You're here.." he looked up at your smiling face and hugged you tightly.