Moving Into Our New Home

We Got Married!

The next morning, I had made sure to arrive a few minutes early to the set, bright-faced and ready for a world of exhaustion. I was wearing semi-casual clothing ("something comfortable to shop the whole day in" according to my manager), soon learning that you can never really wear real casual clothing - at least, not like the clothes I wore on the first day of filming. Need to maintain an image, you see. Even so, I especially made sure to wear one of my more comfortable flats, knowing how exhausting apartment hunting and furniture shopping can be. I need to be careful to stay energised and cheerful the whole day.

I greeted the director, before walking up to the screenwriter. She passed me over my copy of the script, which was only a single page. I was still unused to the variety show format, having only experienced the stacks of paper that came with being in dramas. "Usually we would inform you a few days before shooting, but the script this time is quite flexible so we'll probably just go with what's happening and take it from there," she explained with a smile.

I bowed and thanked her, before a chorus of laghter caught my attention. Daesung was already here at the side, and was in the middle of a conversation with several of the staff and effortlessly cativating them into a story of his. I smiled at the sight, before being called over to begin filming for the day.

Once everyone had gotten settled, the youngest PD handed us a small key and a set of directions. Daesung thanked him, and we both stood there awkwardly knowing what was coming next. "Let's go, shall we?" Daesung asked. I nodded and followed him to the car, awkwardly laughing when both of us headed for the passenger seat. "I'll... I'll drive," he muttered.

I went inside, and couldn't help but notice how tense Daesung looked in the driver seat. But whether that was because of me, or the car, was unclear. "Just drive at your own pace, oppa," I quietly told him. There was no need to bring up past issues, certainly, but a small reassurance doesn't hurt.

Daesung gave me a grateful smile, and I steered the conversation elsewhere. "Do you know where we're going, oppa?" I asked. Of course, both of us knew the asnwer to that question - it had already been addressed to us by our managers and the scripts in a substantial amount of detail. We were still required to ask though, as it provides an opportunity to let the audience gain a better idea of the situation, as well as see how we interact.

It also allowed me and Daesung to something to talk about, which is very helpful for a perpetually awkward person like myself. The conversation flowed smoothly after that, and it wasn't long before we reached an apartment block.

---

We both stood inside the apartment, admiring the simple design of the apartment. It was rather spacious, and allowed plenty of sunlight to come in. I avoided looking at th kitchen, though.

There was also only one bedroom.

I laughed in disbelief at the sight, though I was well aware this would probably be the case. "Oppa...?"

Daesung looked over at me, and smirked. "Shall we go furniture shopping?" 

I mock-frowned at his question. "What are you thinking about?" I gasped, making sure to exaggerate. "Wah... I didn't think you were like this!" I laughed as Daesung spluttered, trying to explain how he wasn't insinuating anything. "Let's go!" I cheerfully stated, already making my way out the door.

Daesung continued to call after me, "It's not what you're thinking, Jagi!" He paused, and let out a sly smile. "But it looks like my wife isn't quite so innocent either." I pursed my lips at how my teasing backfired, and huffed.

---

Daesung and I have been in the furniture shop for almost half an hour now, and while we both had our eyes (alright, fine, it was mainly me) on a few home decor, none of the essential furniture had been chosen yet.

"We should have brought TOP-hyung here," joked Daesung. I laughed, and we moved towards the numerous beds out on display. We both took turns assessing the beds, trying to find the perfect balance between firmness and softness. Though I was mainly having fun simply bouncing on the beds, feeling as though I had returned to my childhood. 

"Oppa~" I cried out, giggling as I did so.

Daesung watched me bounce like a child, a wide grin on his face. "Here I come!" Daesung called, and flopped on the bed next to me, both of us just bouncing on the bed. We continued to do so for a few more minutes, before finally calming down, with all of my energy being used up. I lied there in content, before realising that I was lying there, with Daesung only a few centimetres away from me. 

My neck started to heat up, and I sneaked a few glances towards the male, pausing when I saw him staring at me. I saw the staff in the corner of my eye, and noted how they vigorously gestured to do.... something. I tried to not show my confusion on my face, and sneaked glaces towards Daesung.

I pondered over what the staff meant, and was acutely aware of the tiny distance that was suddenly between myself and the male. I covered my face with my hands, before suddenly comprehending what they had meant.

No sooner had I though it than I felt it happen. Immediately my mind went into overdrive as i struggled to comprehend the events taking place.

What is one supposed to do, exactly, when Kang Daesung kisses you on the cheek?

XxxxX

And there's the Smiley Couple's first kiss (sort of, not really). I initially had a rather large set of events for the furniture shopping, but eventually couldn't fit it all in, so i got rid of it all -.-' Anyway what did you guys think of this chapter? Please comment to let me know :D