Phone Calls and Texts

We Got Married!

After our meeting with the rest of the Big Bang members, it was already 10:30 pm, and we were allowed to part ways to our respective homes. I bowed and said my goodbyes to Daesung and the rest of the staff, before notifying my parents of the events that had taken place like the dutiful daughter I was. Needless to say, they were a little surprised at my sudden announcement (not that I could blame them - I've barely even had a boyfriend, let alone a husband).

Both my parents worried a little over me, and I spent a good ten or so minutes reassuring them that “yes, I’m fine” and “no, the staff aren’t being rude” and such. My father in particular wondered if Daesung would treat me right, and I was about to reply, before my mother quickly interjected with, "No, no, Miyoung will be fine. It's Daesung-ssi that we should be worried about. Poor guy has no idea what's coming. I mean, her room is an utter mess, never organised... Everything you wouldn't want in a partner."

I was not impressed.

My sister then snatched the phone away from our parents and loudly greeted me, "Unnie~ Heard you were getting married!"

I smiled at hearing her cheerful voice, "Gayoung-ah, it's only a show."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Just make sure he doesn't die because of your sheer awkwardness." My jaw dropped, and I was flustered by her comment. "Don't bother denying it - you made that last guy leave purely because you made him feel uncomfortable because you always felt awkward. How you even managed to even get to two dates astonishes me."

I twitched in annoyance,  "Yah maknae! Don't you think you're going a bit too far?"

"That's my job, unnie." The two of us continued to exchange a little more banter, before hanging up and calling up my manager to pick me up.

The moment I stepped into the van I began to rant and scolded him (lightly) for not letting me know anything.

My manager smiled ruefully, "I'm sorry, Miyoung-ah. But I knew you would be able to handle it just fine and besides, I thought it might be better to have a natural reaction for once. Especially when it comes to these silly so-called 'reality' shows."

"Those 'so-called reality shows' are my job, oppa. I need to follow them in order to survive,I told him, amused. Considering that his job is to be my manager, he rarely ever acts like one.

---

Arriving home, I immediately collapsed on to my bed, the exhaustion from the day's events finally catching up to me. I didn't bother to change out of the clothes, or remove the minimal make-up I had on. It will be such a pain to remove later... But at the moment I couldn't really care less. I closed my eyes and began to drift off, before a buzzing noise caught my attention.

Silly texts... I should just turn my phone off. However I instead got up, remembering the time I found myself in a large amount of trouble after ignoring several important messages.

I looked at the message, and found it from an unknown number."What...?"

From: xxxx-xxx-xxx
Hello Miyoung, it's me, Kang Daesung. I sincerely hope you didn't mind me having your number, I had asked your manager earlier so that we could have a path of communication. Also, I would just like to let you know that the script for today was very minimal and hence why I was a little nervous during today's filming. I hope you didn't mind too much. I had been informed that they will give us the script for tomorrow's filming on the day, and that further details should be given to your manager.

Once again, it was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to working with you ^^

I stared at my phone, a little surprised at the message for two reasons:

1. It  had been well over a few months since someone who wasn't a family member or from my company had texted me (let alone a male)

2. And the last time I had ever received a text message this long was when my friend, drunk after a night of partying had accidentally texted me her love letter she had prepared for her old high school crush.

Needless to say, I wasn't quite sure what to do. I quickly saved his number into my contacts, and decided to send a reply. I bit my lip, unsure of what to say.

To: Kang Daesung
Hello Daesung-ssi, and please don't worry about having my number - I don't mind at all. Thank you for letting me know about today's script, and of tomorrow's events. I have yet to contact my manager for the details, so thank you for letting me know. It was a pleasure working with you, and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow ^^

I quickly sent it, and held my breath waiting for how he would respond. I giggled slightly, before realising how ridiculous I must have been acting. It was as though I was some teenager who got the chance to talk to their crush or something! He was just a colleague - nothing more and nothing less.

Shaking my head at how silly I was, I turned my attention away from the texts, and contacted my manager and noted down the details for tomorrow's filming. After a full half an hour spent on discussing my new drama and the show, I finally put down the phone and got ready for bed full from my impromtu dinner of bibimbap.

I laid down on the bed and tried to rid my head of all thoughts of Kang Daesung, and succeeded (mostly).

Buzz! 

I immediately grabbed my phone and smiled when I noticed a new message, ready to write a reply to his message. That was, before I noticed the sender. "Oh, it's from Gayoung..." Suddenly feeling no longer interested in reading the text, I placed my phone back on the bedside table.

As I closed my eyes and made myself warm under the blanket, I ignored the sinking feeling of disappointment in my stomach. "He's only working with you, idiot... It shouldn't matter whether or not he replies." That didn't stop me from reaching for my phone when it vibrated once more, and reading the message.

From: Kang Daesung
No problem at all ^^ I'll see you tomorrow then. Good night!

I smiled at the text and placed my phone carefully beside me, and mumbled quietly as sleep began to take over, "Good night, Daesung oppa..."

XxxxX

I apologise for the absence, however updates will probably be rather irregular and slow from now on. Daesung didn't really show up much in this chapter (sorry >.<) but he'll come up in the next chapter... After all it wouldn't be nice for Miyoung to go furniture shopping on her own ;)