Music blocks

Chen OTP oneshot

character: Kim Jongdae and Park Chanyeol. side: Zhang Yixing and Do Kyungsoo.

words: 707

 


The sound of guitar strings being plucked resonate the room making mellow melody. Chanyeol leaned to the wall as he play with his guitar, fingers plucking the strings as his other hand change the position of his fingers to press different notes. Carelessly changing chords as if his hands and fingers have its own mind. He sighed for the nth time. He wants to compose a song like he usually do but today he’s been staring at the wall in front him trying to come up with a melody that he can used to make a new song. Nothing comes to his mind. No melody, no lyric. He was having a mental block.

He puts his guitar to the side and makes his way to keyboard which connected to his laptop. He sits down and places his hands on top of the keys, ready to make music. He tried to think hard to make any melody but nothing comes to his mind. He ruffles his already messy hair and he lean back to his chair and huffed. He knows he’s frustrated. He rubbed his temple with his arm propping up against the armrest.

Jongdae was making his way to the living room as he passed Chanyeol and Kyungsoo room. He heard Chanyeol sighed frustratingly and Jongdae knew why. He walked into their room and sits on  Kyungsoo’s bed which was next to Chanyeol’s work desk. “Having trouble Chanyeol-ah?” Jongdae asked as he sits on ’s bed with his leg crossed.

“No Sherlock, Dae-ah” chanyeol answered glumly while he lean his head back and close his eyes.

“No need to be sassy with me, Yeol-ah.” Jongdae pout as he fiddles with his fingers.

“I can’t produce music, that’s pretty much frustrating me right now. I tried playing some melodies on the guitar but I don’t like it. Help me, Jongdae” Jongdae smiles at his giant friend.

“You know you can just ask me right? I always like helping you with composing. Now scoot away” Jongdae pushed Chanyeol off the chair and he sits down in front of the keyboard. Chanyeol sits on his bed looking at Jongdae who’s now cracking his fingers and neck and also doing some breathing exercise.

“What are you doing exactly?” Chanyeol scrunched his face at Jongdae with his weird antics.

“I’m preparing. Can’t you see doofus? Now sit back and let me play” Jongdae replies as he raised his eyebrow to Chanyeol. Jongdae doesn’t play piano as much as Baekhyun but there are time that he play it, pressing aimlessly on the key. He doesn’t usually play it with music sheets or certain songs. He likes how his mind just takes control over his fingers and plays anything that comes to his mind.

Jongdae pressed a few key, warming up his fingers. He then closes his eyes and starts to play like how he usually plays, aimlessly. He hummed to the melody that was produced by the piano as his hands glides across the piano keys as he pressed different notes at the same time.

“That was incredible, Jongdae-ah!” The lanky guy launched himself on Jongdae after Jongdae finish his self-composed song. Jongdae smiles at his friend reaction and chuckled.

“Wow, Jongdae. I didn’t know you were this good.” Someone voiced out his compliment toward Jongdae. Jongdae turn his head around to see Yixing stands by the doorframe.

“It was nothing, gege. I was helping Chanyeol with his music blocks.” Jongdae points to his lanky friend which now sits by his side. Yixing smiles back before makes his way to the kitchen as his stomach starts to grumble.

“Jongdae-ah. Can you play the song again? I need to record it.” Chanyeol said with his phone in his hand waiting to record Jongdae’s song.

“I kinda forgot how it is he he he” he rubbed his neck and chuckled nervously as he makes his way out Chanyeol’s room before Chanyeol could get him.

“YAH! COME BACK HERE AND PLAY THE SONG!” chanyeol shouted as he tries to catch Jongdae to play the song again.

Jongdae knew if he just stays with Kyungsoo, Chanyeol wouldn’t hurt him. Not even come near him. That’s because Chanyeol is afraid of the resident’s Satan. He smirked at his plan. 

 


some chenyeol for you readers! 

gosh just freaking look at chen's face.

they look so awkwardly y dancing together because of their height difference.

 

do leave a comment below coz I'm dying to know what you guys think. 

btw, I'll be glad if you tell me any prompt you want me to do for the next otp which is the chensoo.

I'm on my lazy mood rn and I don't have any idea what to do for the next otp. 

so do tell me your prompt request on my wall or in the comment section :)

xoxo, sophie