Part Four

Angel

A/N Time skips occurs in this chapters. Please don't get confused. Some events are months apart.


            Search for the missing members. Complete your pack.

            Pack up your things and move.

 

            I wake up in a cold sweat. My room is dark, lit by a lamp by the bedside opposite my side which cast a shadow of an obvious lump by my side, Yixing sleeping soundly. He’s been staying with us for the past months, albeit Kai’s disapproval. He’s learned to be civil though, with constant encouragement by Taemin. They’re back to being the perfect twins that they are, except for the occasional stubborness of Kai regarding Yixing.

            I sit up, checking the wall clock hung on the wall opposite the bed –it’s four in the morning.

            Complete the pack and move again.

            I sigh. The voices in my head seem to be too persistent lately. My wolf wants me to find another lair, another home. It’s been bugging me since two months ago, and I’ve been doing my best to focus on my current tasks in hand before submitting to it. In two months, I’ll be done with university, and Yixing would be finishing his internship in a local hospital.

             I ruffle my hair in annoyance, as the voice in my head kept repeating the same lines. Complete the pack and move again.

            “Hey, are you alright?” Yixing’s voice suddenly breaks the deafening silence, and I felt a soft touch by my side. I look back to him, his eyes droopy from being just woken up, and his lips and cheeks swolen. Even in these moments, I find him beautiful, specially under the light of the lamp beside him. “Bad dream? Or.. Instincts?”

            “We have to move soon, Yixing..” I whisper back, finding security in my mate’s soft touches, melting me into surrender. He has offered me to carry half of the burdens for me, and he has been doing really well.

            “What’s wrong with it?” He asks. “If you’re worried about us moving, don’t. You’re the alpha, Junmyeon, you tell us what to do. We don’t want you suffering. Instincts can be pretty persistent, specially for you. Just follow it, Junmyeon. Your wolf knows better.” He continues. His hand grips my arm firmly, and with a nudge, he pulls me down to lay beside him. He turns to his side to face me, shifting a little that his head rests on my shoulder.

            If I follow the demons inside my head, I’d be sacrificing a lot. I’ve been getting the hang of my father’s business deals and it’s as demanding as university. If we leave now, I’d have to transfer offices, have the kids transfer to another high school. Kyungsoo would need to transfer again to another university when it’s almost the end of the semester. I have to endure the voices in my head. I have to.

            “Junmyeon..” Yixing whispers. My hand finds its ways to his locks, fingers playing with the soft strands. “I just thought of something.. I just heard it from a good friend back in China.” I hum, urging him to continue.

            “Do all alphas experience that persistency from the instincts? Did you father experience that?” He asks, hand playing with the hem of my shirt.

            It wasn’t like so. For the very beginning, when I was awakened, my father explained about the mark that was inked in my shoulder. He said our kind, an alpha, have much more hyped instincts. We can tell if the full moon’s coming, or if someone’s danger to me or my pack. I’m supposed to be a capable leader, a strong wolf, and my insticts are stronger than other.. but when I told father about the hold my insticts had on me, he said it was absurd.

            “All alphas have stronger instincts. About father, I think not. He’s wise and very dependent on his insticts, but never did he had to move us to another place, or things like that. I think my insticts are much more stubborn than his.” I explain. He nods softly.

            “Well, I think you’re just special. My friend said that there really are wolves much more gifted than the others. Look, having twin wolves are rare in a family, right, and you have Taemin and Kai. You were led by your instincts when you found Sehun, and I can sense he’s special, too. His drive for tracking is too advance compared to a tracker his age. Even Kyungsoo, he’s too attached to your pack. Normal caretakers would yes, be very caring, sweet, and kind to their pack. They would make sure the pack’s needs are met, and Kyungsoo does much more than that. I, myself, was destined to be your mate. Your wolf chose me as your mate, Junmyeon, and I’m pretty unique myself.”

            “What are you trying to say, then?”

            “I’m telling you, that you’re one special wolf, and it’s wrong to think otherwise. I’m telling you that your insticts are not demons in your head. These voices make you special. You shouldn’t ignore them.”

            I nod. Are they really? I have no clue. I don’t know where to start thinking. What Yixing said about the pack is somewhat true, and I just realized it. My pack is really special, but there’s a shadow over it. I can feel it, that the greater the uniqueness and specialness of my pack, the more we’re drawn to danger and uneasy life.

            “Why don’t you try following it, just for the mean time? Follow it without any second thoughts. Your wolf will never lead you to something wrong. If it did you could’ve died already, or we wouldn’t have met. Besides, you’re rich, Junmyeon. It’ won’t cost you too mch to leave this place and get another home, right?” He explains, sleepiness obvious over the tone of his voice. I nod once again. Yixing. Yixing’s right.

 

 

            Complete the pack, and then leave.

            The voice in my head once again reminds me. I’m currently in the office as my father requested, and though it has been only a few months since I started, I felt immediately at ease – like I was born to do this. The Kims, my ancestors, have been involved in lumber. It was how our family gained wealth and earned prosperity. Our forefathers bought lands outside the city, securing the next generations’ future through supplying lumber inside and outside the country. They spared our home district, Ildong, making it a safe home for wolves like us, to roam around the untouched forests, which are rare in the city. The Kims gained the respect of the people, specially in Ildong. It’s a responsibility I have on my shoulder, being the eldest in our generation.

            My father has been very supportive of my decisions, giving the board of directors more authority over the company that involves lumber. I’ll be chairman when the transferis completed, but someone else would be CEO. I told my father I’d be taking care of our investments when time comes, and I’d like to invest on a few of my own. I’m planning on investing on the industries that involve my pack, which probably be an entertainment company, given that Soo and the twins are gifted in singing and dancing, respectively. Now that’s Yixing’s part of the pack, I’m planning on investing on a local hospital, or maybe build up one of his own – maybe Yixing would like that. If I did all those, my pack won’t really need to live a normal life with schedules they have to follow. They can focus on being wolves, but if they want to involve themselves to their hoobies, they can.

            A loud knock echoed around the room, and I immediately check the door for a visitor. It was the ever reliable Kyungsoo, a lunch box in hand.

            “Hi, hyung. Are you busy?” He asks, sitting on the chair in front my desk, untying the lunchbox he prepared. “It’s lunchtime, you shouldn’t be busy. I brought you food, and I want you to meet someone, later.”

            Someone?

            Complete the pack then leave.

            I wonder who could it be. I list all the possibilities in my mind.

            “Don’t tell me you found your mate, Soo. I’m not ready for that.” I joke. He laughs, shaking his head.

            “I’m not ready either, hyung. No, he’s not my mate, but, he’s a friend. Hyung, come here and eat.” He mentions, hand patting on the chair in front of him. I stand up and settled in front him, taking the chopsticks he was already handing to me.

            “Hyung, are we leaving soon?” He suddenly asks.

            “Why?” I ask, curious.

            “Well, I found good friends from university. I transferred, right? I met two wolves in university.. and it seems like they’re looking for a pack.”

            Complete your pack and leave.

            “Wolves? Looks like fate brought you together. What about them?” I continue, munching on the food Kyungsoo prepared. I look at him, listening.

            “I told you, hyung, they’re looking for a pack.. but they’re somehow not really in a good state right now. I just want to help a friend. His mate is out of town, and well, what can you expect? He’s going crazy, hyung, I seriously need to help him at least until his mate comes back. Besides, I’ve never had encountered their kind yet. So I guess you’d really want to meet them.” He explains.

            My mind is peaked with interest of these two. Complete the pack. What is missing ,anyway? “What are they?” I ask, hoping for an answer that’s different from my current roster of wolves.

            “The one who’s going crazy is a hunter, and his mate’s a hound.”

            Complete the pack. A hunter and a hound? I’ve never met such wolves yet. Seems like my insticts are right about completing the pack. My insides felt relieved, like my wolf is actually satisfied.

            “I’ll meet him then.” I suggest.

            “Good! We’ll go there for dinner with the pack. I told his butler to prepare dinner for us. Chan needs new friends, he’s really going crazy about his mate.”

            I nod, continuing to eat the last of my lunch, listening intently as Kyungsoo tells the story of this Chanyeol and Baekhyun he met in university. He told me of the two’s current situation, and it’s really depressing just to think of being away from your mate. I can’t imagine myself without Yixing now.

 

            It was about an hour drive to this Chanyeol’s house, and I wasn’t really surprised about his ‘place’ actually being mansion. Powerful wolf bloodlines are usually wealthy, and Chanyeol being a hunter means he’s from a superior bloodline. We parked just in front the entrance, and Kyungsoo guided us to the door. He rang the bell a few times, before a tall young man, probably the same age as Soo, opens the door and welcomes us with a big smile. His hair was orange, and his glasses are too big, though he looks good with them. I don’t know how he can pull it off.

            “Chanyeol, this is my pack.” Kyungsoo introduces as we went in. “This is the alpha, Suho-hyung.” Chanyeol extends his hand. I took it and shake it gently. His eyes widen behind the thick glasses, and he blinks a few times before taking a deep breath.

            “Wow, you’re really an alpha. I haven’t met another alpha in my entire life, except for my Appa.” He mentions, releasing my hand. “You do command authority, hyung. Ah, -iis that okay if I call y-you hyung? I don’t really know what to call you.”He stutters, hand touching his nape, scratching. I smile at the gesture.

            “Yeah, call me hyung.”

            Kyungsoo continued his introductions with the others and we went over dinner after that. There’s something about Chanyeol that had me on the edge of my seat. He’s strong and smart, and his wolf is obviously special. He seems mature for his age, and it’s not that hard to grow mature when you grew up without a father. Growing up alone is a tough life even if you’re born with the wealth that you need.

            Everyone else seems to like Chanyeol, too. Kyungsoo, though, was closer to Baekhyun. The twins are already doting on the tall young man, amazed of his lifestyle. Kids, really. Sehun was as usual, quiet, but I can see in his eyes his curiousity over Chanyeol, and I can sense that they’re the most compatible to be good friends.

            “You think he’s alright?” yixing whispers beside me, as the others gleefully continue their talks.

            “Yeah. How about you? What do you think of him?” I ask back. He only smiles back, and then chuckling.

            “What are your instincts telling you?” He asks again.

            Complete the pack. The pack’s complete.

            “Complete the pack. The pack’s complete.” I mutter. Yixing nods, getting the answer he wanted to hear. Seems like Chanyeol would be good. I just need to meet this Baekhyun and we can finally leave this district and move to another.

 

 

            “Hyung! Let’s go for a run later at home!” Kai shouts as soon as we walk inside the house. It was the day of their graduation from high school. Sehun has another year, but twins are now done with high school. It’s also the one night mandatory at home with our father, and we’re supposed to leave for Ildong tonight. Yixing met my father a month after the accident, and like always, father supported me about my relationship with him. It’s not like he can do anything about it, anyway. Father was specially fascinated by Yixing’s healing abilities, to the extent of asking for a demonstration, cutting both the twins’ palms. The twins cringed in defeat, but appa seemed to be satisfied. The twins may not know it, but it was our father’s way of bonding with them, which is really uncommon.

            We went for a drive, with Kyungsoo volunteering to handle the wheel. Sehun sat beside him, me and Yixing in the middle seats, and the twins behind us. About thirty minutes to the drive, Yixing rests his head on my shoulder, fingers entwining to mine.

            “How do you feel, Junmyeon? I think you’ve been doing well these days.” He whispers.

            “You think so?” I ask, surprised.

            “Yeah, do the demons still irritate you?” He chuckles.

            Realizing it, I’ve never been bothered by the voices in my mind for the longest time.. or maybe I still hear them but I’m growing accustomed to following it, lately. I really don’t know, but it seems like Yixing noticed the good.

            I shake my head in response to his question.

            “Your instincts are who you are, Junmyeon.” He mutters. I somehow agree to his statement. It’s something I really can’t jsu throw away, and my instincts are a part of me, but something else is lingering on my mind.

            You can do it, Junmyeon.

            You’re special.

            It’ll be okay, Junmyeon. Your pack will always understand your decisions.

            Your father loves you, Junymeon. Your father’s proud of you.

            Your brothers are doing good.

            Just follow your instincts, okay?

            I’ll be here, anyway.

            It wasn’t about me submitting to the demons in my head – it was when a certain angel appeared to me that I realized how I should’ve lived my life. It was then when I didn’t really worried about university or work, knowing at the end of the day, I’ll be sleeping beside this angel. Yixing.

 


A/N Yay I'm done with this! Sorry if the final chapter was a little disappointing. I dunno if the last chapter's okay. I just wanted to connect the timeline between Home and Angel. It's a year after the graduation of the twins that they meet Baek during BaekSoo's graduation, and then ChanBaek joins them afterwards. They leave their current district to another, and after few more years, Kris happened (the killing Taem etc). Suho actually realized it earlier, with the help of Yixing of course, that his pack is actually a pack of special wolves.. and like what he said, the more special the pack is, the more they are prone to danger. But anyway, I hope you liked this one although there wasn't really anthing special. I feel like I failed in that part, but I completed Suho's bakckstory thought, so there's good news! Two Moons will officially start on the first of June! I'll see you guys, then!

junxingmi Yes they are!

safe-haven01 Hihi thank you! I'm doing fine now! yes, Kai stubborn then and stubborn with Seo :)

Teddysai Yes he is haha. He love Suho-hyung so much, Thank you! I'll be taking a good rest and get ready for June1! ☺

 

are you ready for LOVE ME RIGHT? DYING ON THE INSIDE BECAUSE SJHFUWAHEHFBHB IT'S COMEBACK AGAIN HUHU