Part One

Angel

            Demons.

 

            He calls them demons – the little voices in his head that directs his every move. Where to go, what to do, how to do it, all these are dictated by nothing but instincts, but he calls them his demons. The constant voices haunts him from morning until before he closes his eyes to sleep at night. There were times when his body was shut down by these demons, and he can’t help but submit to it. The frustration has been a constant part of his life, mind throbbing in annoyance as he feels he can’t think on his own. These demons are a part of who he is, very much the soon as his mark appeared, and though being an Alpha wasn’t something he would want to be, it leaves him no choice since he was born one.

            Despite being hated by the one who hears them, these instincts actually saved Junmyeon’s life more times than the young man could ever count, if he only would accept it. Starting from the usual go to school or not, to take this bus or the next bus, or if the one standing beside him was going to commit suicide; to the more serious case scenario where he’s to leave the house to be somewhere else just to find a young boy writhing in pain, being awakened that night. If not for these instincts, the reality of life could’ve knocked him down, but it didn’t seem that way to the young Alpha. He believes that these demons were nothing but an invisible shadow of his father, and as much as he wants to abide to it, something in Kim Junmyeon wants the taste of freedom from it, at least once.

            The notion had him spending his teenage years to alcohol, and dating countless women – having the taste of freedom the vices gave him. It started when he was fifteen, when he had the talk with his father of the older’s plans for him. Despite being a born Alpha, which automatically gives him responsibilities over a pack, he had to be an heir worth of the title, a good example to his brothers, a responsible student and much more. The expectations from the people around him were things he thought he can acheive, but then again, the demons would just take the credit for it all – and he hated it. The years have gone and he was nothing but a disappointment to his father, though he was physically absent in most of the young man’s life.

            If not for that one time when his little brothers were almost caught in the open during the full moon, he could’ve never changed his ways. He vowed to himself that night, he will take care of them, and build his life from that day forward.

            He’s currently a student in a business university in Seoul, transferring about twice, due to the constant whispers of the demons in his head. He had to move to move to another district, bringing along his pack of five – his twin brothers, Taemin and Kai, their caretaker, Kyungsoo, and the boy he found in his awakening, Sehun. His father supported him in everything, giving him enough space to follow his insticts, and live in comfort, even though he had to move around too much.

 


 

            “Hyung! Wake up!” My usual alarm, Kyungsoo, bugs me the second time this morning. My head is throbbing in pain, and I can’t really move my limbs from fatigue. Kyungsoo shakes my body, and with annoyance, I sit up, opening my eyes to face him.

            “Soo, it’s too early. Don’t you have classes today?” I ask, spitting words I thought would sidetrack him, but failed, anyway.

            “Does it matter? You’re the one who has classes! Move or we’ll both be late. The kids’ on their way to school, too. Breakfast is on the table, there’ll be a full moon tonight so please come home early. Don’t go to the bar again or I’ll tell Mr. Kim you’re wasting another good year of your life! I’m starting to wonder if we moved here because of your instincts or you just want to check out the high-class bars here!”

            “Okay, okay, Do Kyungsoo! I get it! I’m gonna take a shower now!” I reply screaming. I throw myself off the bed, much to our caretaker’s pleasure, since he was snickering random murmurs about me being too stressed from my own life, silently laughing at my misery. I shut the bathroom door close, and I hear a faint noise outside, probably the apartment’s door closing. Kyungsoo has left for his own university.

 

 

            The day was as normal as it can be. With classes the whole day, I didn’t really had so much to do apart from some research and reading during my breaks. I would usually hang out alone on a random bench in the university grounds, but most of the time I’ll be in the library. The wind was blowing over my lazy-styled hair, and the pages of the book I was reading was rustling by the wind’s strength. I was sitting near the high walls of the university since it was the most peaceful place to stay for a while, and though the sound of cars passing by behind it was clear enough to my ears, it’s better than endless students’ chatting and loud speakers in the school lobby. I suddenly hear tires screeching, but it was too faint that it’s only because of my amplified senses that I could hear it.

            Move.

            There it is, as usual. Should I follow it or not? Should I submit or repel the pull?

            Move, Suho. Shut up and do it.

            I was silent, my mind racing, feeling the constant pull again.

            Something’s coming. Move.

            And as soon as it came, I heard the walls behind me being hit by something strong, too strong the wind blew to me as fast as the car that hit it. I was immediately up on my feet, jumping away from the accident. My body was on alert since then, adrenaline pumping in my veins as I run out of the way of the incoming vehicle. As a wolf, I have a strong build, and I was gifted with speed, and thanks to these abilities I was spared.

            I quickly run away from the incident as students and faculty come swarming to the scene.

 

 

            “Hyung, are you okay?” It was, as usual, Kyungsoo, checking up on me as I pull my shoes off my feet in the foyer, as I just arrived home. “Heard there was an accident at your uni today. What happened?”

            “Nothing, Soo. Just some reckless driver hitting the university walls. Nothing major except, well, I was sitting in front the wall.” I laugh.

            “Ohh~ Really?” The twins chorus as they come out their shared bedroom, looking fazed as if they just woke up. I notice their hair change, from brunette to Jongin’s blonde and Taemin’s midnight black hair.

            “What did you two do to your hair?” I ask. It was Jongin to answer first, snickering as he hit Taemin on the shoulder.

            “Hyung, I’ve been asked by his admirers for a date. It’s annoying. I have to look different.” He says, with Taemin hitting him in response.

            “You just want Boa-noona to notice you. She seems to always mistake you as me.” Taemin replies.

            “Okay, okay. I get it. You want to look different.” I reply nonchalantly, being used to the twins’ bickering. The two did look similar, being twins and all, but it’s not really hard to differentiate them. Kai is a little tan than the other, and his features are strong, while Taemin is a little more feminine and pale. The only I can’t tell them apart is when they’re dancing.

            “Hyung! When are we leaving again? It’s getting really boring in our school. We should move soon.” Kai complains, much to everyone’s suprise. We were all getting used to moving so much, but I on the other hand, is clearly irritated with the notion.

            “Right, hyung. There’s nothing really interesting here. Though I’d really love to graduate high school this time, I’m not really liking our new school. I hate the attention. The first time we walked in, we’re like kingkas already!” Taemin adds. I shake my head, walking straight to the kitchen where Kyungsoo was preparing our early dinner. The two continued on with their usual talks over their classmates and school - things I have no interest on, or whatsoever.

            “You kids get ready for the full moon tonight! Get you here for dinner and lock up!” Kyungsoo shouts as he finish the preparation the same time I sat down. “Kai, call Sehun!” he continues. The younger immediately runs to the other room where Sehun was staying in. In a minute, we were all gathered in the dining area, enjoying dinner silently, except for the twins’ whispering. They knew I’m not a big fan of family talks over a meal, as we grew up being ignored by appa for most of the times durning meal time. We got used to the silent treatment over our meals, and I kind of followed suit.

            As the night deepens, so as the full moon is approaching. I feel stuffed, with the accident earlier and my constant struggle with the voices in my head. I feel like I need a breath of fresh air before turning. I check up on the kids, making sure everyone is chained properly. There really wasn’t much of a forest in this side of the city and we’re left with no choice but to chain the kids, since they get pretty excited in their wolf forms. Kyungsoo and I, on the other hand, have tamed out wolf forms that we’re conscious and careful every time we turn. After doing so, I walk out heading to the foyer and outside the house, not before Kyungsoo asking where I’ll be going. I told him I’ll be outside for a few minutes, and I’ll be back soon.

 

            The wind outside was chilly, and the neighborhood was quiet. For a supernatural being like me, I can’t really see the world as normal. I was in between two worlds, the mundane and the supernatural. I had to act normal and yet I’m expected to be the best in my alter ego. The irony, right?

I inhale the fresh cool air, letting it fill up my lungs.

            Say hi. The voice whispers. The demons once again are bugging me. I feel an unusual sensation in my fingertips, running up my arms and my back. My heart starts to beat rather quickly, too early for my shift.

            It’s not the shift. It’s something else. Say hi.

            If it’s not the shift then what is it? Who am I supposed to meet? I eye both my sides, checking if there’s someone else, but there was none in the streets. I chose our area carefully, not wanting to live somewhere crowded given our identities as wolves, but my instincts are bugging me right now about it.

            A few more minutes searching, I still found none. I look up the sky, and watch as the full moon beam in aall its glory, pulling me into the curse. My body twitch, heating up, joints locking into a different form. I kept quiet all the time, not wanting any unnecessary attention from the neighbors. I finally completed my shift, feeling the wind blow over m fur. I hear the faint howl from inside the house, it was Kyungsoo calling to me.

            I stride back into the house, leaving my garments outside, decided of just coming back for it later when the full moon has passed. Before I even came in, there was another noise that came from inside the house. It wasn’t a howl, but a low angry growl, along with a few things breaking.

            Sehun. Kai. Taemin. Sehun, Sehun. It’s Sehun.

            I run quickly, still hearing the loud noises of ceramics and glass breaking. I found Sehun, in his wolf form, slouching on the floor, tail down, bleeding in both his wrists in front. Kyungsoo’s wolf was behind him, looking at me. I stride down next to Sehun, but he instantly backs away, running past Kyungsoo to the corner of the living room. He sits in both his hind legs, eyes aggressive and alert. I carefully walk to him, Kyungsoo taking his place beside mine.

            Sehun is usually uncontrolable in his wolf form. He’s constantly pulled by his tracking instincts, since he’s a born tracker, to run and roam outside searching for anyone or anything. This was a usual scene, except that his wrists are bleeding from being chained. He growls under his breath. I have no choice.

            I stand in front him, concentrating, looking at him straight to his eyes. He tried looking away, but hell, no one dares to look away from an Alpha when they’re asked attention. Like some unseen magic, his eyes start to falter, his limbs getting weaker. He crouches down completely in surrender, panting in pain.

            We stayed still for a good two hours, until the full moon was gone. I watch him change back to his human form, waiting for Kyungsoo to fetch our robes. He came back with robes in hand, throwing both at me as he clothe himself. I put on the robe, and tookt he other one to Sehun.

            Sehun completed his shift, but soon after collapsed on the floor, his wrist still bleeding – not as much as earlier, but still. I clothe him, and though I’m growing worried of Sehun bein unconscious, I keep calm. I felt his pulse getting weaker by the minute, his breathing getting slower. He’s supposed to be healing now, but why won’t his wounds close?

 

            Before I even get to think of my next move, our door bursts open, revealing an angel -  I mean,  a young man, pale as the moon, running towards me... I mean, towards Sehun. His eyes were brown, and though he’s a wolf, alpha. You know it..  And though his eyes were different, I can sense that he’s one of us. I watch as he pulls Sehun from me, placing two fingers on Sehun’s neck, checking pulse. His hands quickly cover both Sehun’s wrists, and finally the bleeding stops, and Sehun’s face slowly gets back its color. His beautiful eyes turn to look at me longingly, and I can’t help but stare back.

            “Sorry.” He mutters. Such an angelic voice. “My insticts are hyped and I felt the need to come here since soneone was hurt. Sorry for barging in like that.”

            It was Kyungsoo who replied, when I realized my mind was shut by the man in front me.

            “It’s okay. Thank you.. You are?”

            “Oh! Hyung! What happened to Sehun?” It was the twins’ voices  who  woke me up from my trance.

            “I go by Lay in my wolf form, but it’s Yixing. I’m from next door.” He replies. He flashes his dimpled smile, catching me off guard.

            “I’m Suho. I didn’t know there’s a wolf next door.” I dumbly mutter.

            “Ah. About that, I’m difficult to sense since I’m not a pureblooded wolf like you. See, I have healing abilities. I’m part something else, so it jumbles my identity.” He cutely explains. He sounds like he’s having troubles with his speech but it’s okay.

            “Suho.. hyung..” Sehun mumbles in his current state. He slowly opens his eyes, looking at us one by one. “Sorry, hyung. I got out of control again.” He whispers under his breath, sitting on the floor.

            “It’s okay, Sehun. Come, let’s clean you up.” Kyungsoo mutters, hand gesturing to Sehun to come. Sehun stands up and follows Kyungsoo, leaving me and Yixing. I stand up, finally extending a hand to the man, which he takes.

            For once, listen to me. He’s your mate, Suho. I’m telling you. He’s your mate.

            “Maybe I should believe what my insticts are telling me right now.” I think, rather loudly, since Yixing’s brown eyes grew wide. He might have sensed it, too – the electricity running in my veins, the constant pounding of my heart. He pulls his hand back, scratching his nape, looking somewhere else.

            “You’re an alpha, right?” He asks, finally looking at me. I nod.

            “Well, what are your instincts telling you?” he asks again, his eyes gleaming in curiosity.

            “That you’re my mate?” I reply. He chuckles, patting my shoulder.

            “Yeah, that’s what I thought. Nice meeting you, Suho.”

            “It’s Junmyeon.”

            “Okay, Junmyeon.”

 


A/N HI GUYS. ☺ I didn't really expect this kind of response from everyone! I wasn't really too convinced of writing Suho's backstory first, but you guys seem to look forward to this so much! Anyway, as usual, it will be fast paced since this is going to a three-shot, but it'll still be worth the read (I hope!). Heehee this probably would contain more fluff than all the fluffs I've written all my life. Lol. I love SuLay like that Haha. Enjoy! I have some good news! Drop by The Awakening in a few moments 'cause THE announcement is currently being uploaded. ♥♥

 

safe-haven01 Fancy seeing you here, again safe-have01. Heehee ♥ It's because of subbies like you that I'm really happy to update! Hope you enjoy this one, too!

Teddysai HAHA unlike ChanBaek's endless mating, SuLay's love story is much more leaning to fluff and the serious type of relationship that's why I thought that would be uneccessary... but well, who knows? HAHAHA you know me. :3 But it'll probably be in another story because I didn't rate this as mature I don't want to scare away the other subs. Haha. Thank you, and you, too, stay healthy!

Star_namikaze You're right! There's a lot to write about him and his past! I hope you like this!

chocochippo sobs* Thank you for reading the others too~ Here's for your waiting! I hope you liked it! See you again tomorrow for another chapter~