Part Three

Angel

            The moment I woke up, I was welcomed by a familiar view – the walls were blue and the lights above me are . It’s the same room, the very room I’m staying in for a while now. I breathe in and out, still fazed from sleep. I try to sit up, but I ended up dropping back to the bed when my head start to pound. It was bearable, but painful enough that my sight blacks out.

            “You’re awake.” Kyungsoo walks in, after finding me awake as he peeked through the door.

            “I am.” I reply. He stares at me for a while, and I realize the stress in his eyes.

            “What’s wrong with you? Are you alright?” I ask, concerned. He shakes his head and sighs.

            “Hyung, you were out since last night. Yixing took you home. He said you were in an accident. I’m sorry, hyung. If I didn’t push you too hard to go to him this would’ve happened.” He keeps his head low, fidgeting on his fingers, as he looks down at them.

            Right, I was in an accident. I remember it vaguely. Only Yixing’s touch is the solid memory in my mind right now. “I’m fine now, am I?” I ask, and he nods.

            “Yixing said you’re fine now but your head is still recovering. He said he’ll be back to settle some things. He’ll come back after.” He mutters. “Do you need anything?”

            I shake my head, not really in need or want of anything. Today’s a weekday, and I remember I still have classes to attent to. I push myself up, but failed again.

            “Yixing said you’re still recovering. Don’t push yourself, hyung.”

            “..but I have classes today. I can’t just miss them. I have responsibilities, Soo. I can’t lack in anything.” I reply, feeling the heavy burden once again.

            “I called the university and told them about the accident. They granted you leave for two days. You said you wanted two days off, right?” He asks, unconsciously reminding me of our conversation last night about taking a break. Indeed, I needed one.

            “Ah, right. Thanks, Soo. Where are the kids?” I ask.

            “About that...” He stutters, as worry once again clouds his eyes.

            “Kai got into a little fight, earlier in school.. and Taemin bailed out on him. You know Taemin hates fist fights and all that, so instead of fighting with his twin, he ran away.” He explains. Typical teenagers – I know, but what’s wrong about it?

            “Hyung, Kai is really.. well, I don’t know how to say this..”

            “Tell me, Soo.” I say sternly.

            “He’s not taking your accident really well. He’s worried about you, and well, he’s sort of blaming Yixing of what happened. I don’t know how to make him understand, hyung. He’s too old to act this way, even Taemin noticed it, but I can’t get him to understand. It’s probably why he was into a fight earlier. You know Kai when he’s too.. grumpy. Like you. He lashes out on innocent people.” He chuckles at his last remark, but seriousness was still in his eyes.

            “I’ll talk to him, then. Is there anything else that’s bothering you?” I ask. He shakes his head, sighing. In these moments, I feel useless the most. I feel like I’m expected for so much and yet it’s Kyungsoo who bears the emotion burdens. It’s hard being a caretaker, and I respect him for being strong, even stronger than I am.

            Useless and irresponsible.

            I know.

 

 

            “So what happened to the two of you?” I ask immediately as I sit down for breakfast the next morning. The twins were quiet, sitting on Sehun’s each side, unlike their usual places. “Who’s gonna tell me?”

            Kai glares at Taemin, who sighs in annoyance. “Taemin?” I call to him, expecting an answer. Taemin looks back at me, but didn’t say a word.

            Who’s the alpha now?

            I am, I should be.

            I close my eyes, calling to my wolf, waking up my senses. I am a born-alpha, and hence I have this ability for what I can lamely call mind control over regular wolves. There’s really no name for it, but it’s just there. I can make a wolf bend on my terms and it’s quite painful to them. How it happens? I don’t have a clue. Only Alphas have such ability, and I’m no different. With practice, I mastered the skill, yes, against the twins most of the times, and it’s the best time now to do it again.

            “Who’s gonna answer me?” I ask sternly concentrating my eyes at Kai, watching as he wince in pain. I look at Taemin and he follows suit. “You both are turning twenty soon and you’re acting like sixteen year olds. Tell me now or you’ll have to bear with-

            “What’s happening here?!” Yixing’s voice echoed through the walls, and in no time, he appears in the kitchen door, panting, hands on his knees. “God, I thought someone needed me. You, guys, okay? That was a head splitting pain, are you okay, Junmyeon?” I lost my concentration in a blink of an eye, and I found the twins being released from my hold. Kai stands up abruptly, eyeing Yixing, before walking out.

            “Woah. What’s with him? I feel like he’s gonna strangle me or something.” Yixing mutters, walking in and taking the seat where Kai once was.

            “Nevermind him, Yixing. You know how he is.” It was Kyungsoo who replies. It seems like they’ve talked already. Perhaps, Kyungsoo knows about us already? Yixing went on to check Taemin if he’s alright and fortunately he answered the older. Somehow, I feel envious, the way he looks at Taemin with concerned eyes.

            “I was the one who was in an accident.” I blurted out. All four of them looks at me surprised, a smile slowly creeping over Yixing lips.

            “I know, and I did a good job patching you up. You’re fine.” He mutters, smiling. “But the twins were really in pain earlier, was that you?” He asks, tilting his head a little.

            I nod. “They’re getting out of hand. I want answers and nobody’s giving them to me.”

            “Well? What happened, Taemin?” He asks suddenly. The young man looks at him, and then back to me. “I’m not really a big fan of your hyung’s abilities, since I can actually feel it when someone’s in pain. Since your twin isn’t here, you can tell your hyung what happened. Besides, Kai not answering gives him a disadvantage. He can hear me now, right?” He says, grinning.

            “Sorry about what happened yesterday, hyung.” Taemin finally mutters. “Kai was really out of his mind yesterday. He didn’t want to leave your side, but you’re sleeping anyway, so I told him we’ll go to school and just come back. Besides, Kyungsoo was here to take care of you, but he really didn’t want to go. School was fine, but he ended up attacking a teacher in the hallways. It was a teacher, hyung. It would’ve been okay if it was another student. I would’ve have joined the fight if it was so. Hyung, I held him off when the little changes appear – his eyes, specially. I don’t really want the both of us to get found out. When he calmed down, I walked out on him. I’m so frustrated and disappointed I could’ve clawed him awake from his ballistic attitude yesterday.”

            “I’m sorry, Taem.” Were the only words I replied. It was the only thought I have.

            It’s your fault.

            “It’s my fault. No, actually blame these insticts. If I caught on what my wolf is telling me, I should’ve swerved away from the accident. I’ll talk to Kai alone. Excuse me.”I abruptly stand up, but Yixing did, too.

            “Can I join you?” he asks softly. “He’s not really fond of me since the accident last night. I want to explain.”

            “You have nothing to explain, Yixing. It was an accident, you said it yourself.”

            “But, Junmye-

            “Fine. Come.”

 

 

            “Kai, I was hoping you tell me what’s wrong. We’re fine these past days, and I wake up to a different you suddenly.” I start, standing jsut beside the door of the roomhe shares with Taemin. I was leaning back the wall, and Yixing took a seat on of the twin’s study table. Kai was sitting at the edge of his bed, his hands clutched together.

            “I don’t know what to tell you, hyung. You should’ve just stayed last night here at home than go to his house. You wouldn’t have to go through the accident. What would’ve happened if you’re not a wolf? I heard him-“ glaring at Yixing, “tell Kyungsoo that the impact could’ve killed you and you were bleeding a lot. Hyung, you know how much we depend on you and because of one date, we get to lose you? I know you’re too much of an accident prone, and there’s always something that’s trying to take you from us – the accident in university, the accident last night, and all that happened when we were growing up.. and now it’s him.” He accused. My mind went blank, and I feel suddenly lightheaded. “I love you, hyung, and your pack looks up to you a lot. I know he’s your mate, and hell, don’t tell me we started in the wrong foot, because there’s no way I’m gonna forget about this.”

            “Kai..” Yixing whispers, cooing, wanting to be understood.

            “Don’t even try to make up for it.” Kai bites back. I lost my temper at his sudden remark, seeing the pain in Yixing’s eyes.

            Your mate or your brother? I choose mate, Suho.

            “Kai. He’s my mate, your bound to accept him no matter what. Don’t talk to him like that.” I utter. Kai looks at me with his glowing eyes, fierce and unwavering.

            “Then he’s your mate. Let him take you away from us. I don’t even want to ask you to choose. I can see the answer right now.”

            “Are you really gonna keep doing that?!” Taemin suddenly interrupts, pushing  the door open harshly. “Kim Jongin, stop being a brat!” Kai stands up, slowly turning aggressive, evidenced by the change in his stance. If we don’t stop this, the twins will be fighting in no time.

            “Of all people, Taem. You should be on my side! Hyung is choosing his mate over us and you’re defending him.”

            “God, Jongin, wake up! We’re not sixteen anymore, and we’re mature adult wolves here. Wait until you find your mate and I’ll ask you to choose me or your mate. You’ll choose your mate without even blinking. Let’s stop this already!” Taemin screams back, huffing through the anger.

            “Stop now.” It was Kyungsoo, coming in, and gently placing both his hands on Taemin’s arm, pulling him out the room.

            “I really don’t want to get in between you guys. S-Sorry.” Yixing stutters. “It w-was a bad idea coming.” He fidgets as he stands up, taking quick steps to walk out the room, but I hook my hand around his arm and pulled him close. I look at Kai, mustering all the authority I’m supposed to display.

            “I am inviting Yixing to be part of this pack.” I mutter. I look at Yixing, “Come stay with us.”

            Yixing stared at me surprised and confused. At the corner of my eye, I notice Kai walking out the room. Me inviting anyone to join our pack is irrevocable.

            I let go of Yixing, waiting for an answer. Slowly, he takes a step to me, his hand sliding up my arm and resting on my shoulder after.

            “You know I can’t say no, right?” He replies, smiling. “Maybe claiming me will close the deal, alpha. Don’t you think so?” He teases, chuckling.

            I gather all my senses, shaking my desires away for the mean time. Not now, not until I’ve settled with everything. I’m afraid my insticts will be focused on everything about Yixing that I won’t be able to concentrate with all my responsibilities.I snake my arm around Yixing’s waist, and I slowly pull him to my embrace.

            “We’ll get there.. but for now I really want to know you personally. I’m a man of big responsibilities, Yixing. I have a handful of worries, and I’m still in doubt of you being another distraction or a help. I’m sorry I just need to settle things first with everything before I get into a commitment with you. We’re destined mates, yes, and I will claim you mine when I can consider myself settled. I want to be an Alpha worth the title, Yixing. You’re special, I have to be special, too. Just say yes, and be part of my pack, and wait for me. Please?”

            “Okay. I’ll help you with whatever you need. Kyungsoo needs a rest from taking care of you, sometimes. I’ll stay with you, then.”

 


A/N Okay, I'm still not feeling well, and my throat is way too dry, eating is diffucult. Anyway, let's not talk about me. Haha. Sorry about the little delay, but here's part three! I'll be updating one last chapter, because there's still a lot to write abt SuLay and I'm not done yet. Heehee. Now you know why Kai wasn't really that much friendly with Lay in Awakening. He's just stubborn! Well, he's still young here so we can't blame him for loving Suho hyung so much. Just a few  more days and Two Moons is starting, guys. THis will be the last of my backstories FOR NOW, and I'm gonna write the others' after Two Moons, before book3, or during, I don't know. Haha. Next update will be on the 27th, not tomorrow.. becuase it's me and my oppa's 3rd ear anniversary! ♥ I'm taking a day off from the fandom. Haha. I'll be back Weds! Sorry if there were typos all over the place, I'm gonna edit them when I have time, I just want the update up now so~

Imma reply to comments now and I'll take a good rest! Take care guys, okay? I hope everyone's feeling good and not sick like me! Stay healthy subbies! ☺

safe-haven01 Oh, thank you! I hope I do feel better really soon! suho's a strong man, he'll get through anything even a car crash. Heehee. Lay settled it for him though~

chocochippo I didn't expect the accident too. Hahaha well, there were much more sulay interactions here, I hope you like it!

Teddysai Aww thank you! I really need that. I wan to feel better like now. Heehee I hope you liked this chapter cus Lay is trying a little bit of teasing over Suho it's so cute haha