Part Two

Angel

            “Suho, I’d really like you to take this opportunity. What do you think?” Yet, another dreaded question from my father. It’s our usual once a month dinner back at home in Ildong when he checks up on mine and my brothers’ lives. He has been updated with Kyungsoo all this time, but he makes sure to see us, anyway, even if it’s only once a month. He doesn’t really talk over meals, he hated it, but this time was different. He’s got something to talk about and it’s important for him, mch to my dismay.

            I feel Kyungsoo nudge me at my side, catching my attention. When I look at him, he threw his gaze back to my father. Ah, right. Opportunity.

            “What do you think, son?” He asks once again. “You’re finishing university already, you might as well start with the family business, right?”

            I nod, not clearly thinking. Responsibilities pile up right in front my eyes, and I can’t seem to get my head around it.

            “I’ll have you in the office before the month ends. In a year, we’ll prepare for the transition. I’ll have all our assets under your name.” More responsibilities. “I’ll be around town with my investments, but all our business will be under you. I will meet a few of my friends from before, so I’ll be gone for a while. I hope you take care of everything here. You can trust your instincts, son. You’re an alpha for a reason.” He mutters, before finally going back to the usual him, the quiet and serious father we’ve always known over dinner.

 

            The drive home was a silent, except for Kyungsoo’s soft humming at the passenger’s seat. The three kids are asleep at the backseat, equally tired from the long drive, since they came from school before we came to Ildong.  I grip tightly on the stirring wheel, feeling stressed over my father’s latest plans.

            “Are you okay, hyung?” Kyungsoo asks, looking at me in concern. I ask the same question over my head – am I okay? I don’t know really. Sometimes I feel like leaving town for good and live in the mountains and isolate myself. I’m just desperate for peace.

            “I feel so.. trapped.” I mutter, finding the word trapped as the closest word to describe how I feel. “It’s just too much, Soo. If I don’t have to take you around, or if I just can finish university without thinking about the family business, if only these voices in my head would just stop telling me what to do... maybe I’ll feel fine.”

            “Sorry, hyung. If you want to, I can take care of the boys, it’s my job. I’m good at it. Maybe you can come back to us when you’re all better and stable?” He suggests, a hint of sadness was lingering over his words, silenlty making me guilty of the words I didn’t think over before saying them.

            “No, Soo. You’re not a burden. It’s you guys who are keeping me grounded. Maybe I just need some time for myself, maybe a day or two.” I reply.

            “We can give that, hyung. Just promise me you’ll be fine. If only I can share the burden, hyung, I would, but like Mr. Kim said, you’re an Alpha, your capable of handling everything.” He mutters, doing his best to encourage me. Kyungsoo may be a year younger than me, but he’s wise beyond his years. If not for him, I could’ve lost my pack, my mind and my soul.

            “Thanks, Soo. I needed to hear that.” I reply, smiling, eyes not leaving the road.

            “Just kiss already!” Kai suddenly mutters from behind. It seems he wasn’t asleep after all. I was already laughing when Kyungsoo turns his head around and galred at the younger.

            “You know we don’t sail along that ship, Kai.” Kyungsoo spits back.

            “I know. I was just teasing you, guys. You’re too sweet for your own good.” The younger replies. “Besides, you’re mine hyung. I’m not sharing you to Suho-hyung.”

            I laugh again. “Kai, Soo isn’t your mate, right?” I ask between my fits of laughter. Kai peeks between me and Kyungsoo, looking at the both of us before answering.

            “What if he is, hyung? Would you let me have Soo?” He cockily replies, looking at Kyungsoo. I watch in amusement at the corner of my eye, noticing the grin on Kai’s lips.

            “Kai. You’re not my mate.” Kyungsoo sternly replies, flushed.

            It was Kai’s turn to laugh “I know, hyung. You know it, too.. but if I ever find my mate I hope he’s a caretaker like you.”

            Kai’s mate is much more than just a normal caretaker wolf. Kai is special, and so is her mate. Even if I work harder, the twins will always be more special.

            I scrunch at the though. Sometimes I wonder if the demons inside my head are my instincts or something else. I shake my head, dismissing the idea.

            “Speaking of mate, hyung.” Kai turns to me, “do you think you’ll find your mate soon?” he asks. Yixing.

            “Look at him, Kai. He’s red.” Kyungsoo chuckles.

            “Hyung! You met him already?!” Kai asks excitedly, hitting my shoulder repeatedly.

            “Who met who?” Taemin interrupts, probably woken up by Kai’s loud voice.

            “Taem! Suho hyung found his mate!” He replies as he sit back beside his twin. The two immediately indulged into a series of opinions they can only understand, and I was left with the conversation with Soo.

            “So you really met him, huh? Who is it, hyung? You should at least introduce him to us. He’ll be part of the pack, anyway!” Kyungsoo mutters.

            “Soo, I only met him once. Besides, we haven’t talked after the first time we met. I’m too busy, remember? How am I even supposed to ask the guy to spend time with me when I have my schedule full?” I explain.

            “But still! Aren’t you even compelled to claim him? Finding mates is like that right?” He asks innocently. I blush at the thought. I really don’t feel the need to tell Kyungsoo of the details of my struggle to keep myself calm. The idea of claiming my mate has been bugging me since the first time I met Yixing, but hell, there are a lot of things my demons are telling to focus on, and I can’t help but keep my desire at bay.

            “I’ll keep that issue private, Soo. I really don’t want to talk about it. I have a lot in my mind right now, and I can’t really give time to date or anything. I was planning on asking him out, but appa just gave me another load of responsibility I can’t just ignore.” I explain, regretful of the current situation.

            “Hyung, what if he’s the one who can actually help you with your stress? You should ask him out, hyung. You’re gonna miss a lot if you just let it go like that! Look, take the two days off and spend it with him. Who is this lucky guy anyway?”

            “Do you remember the healer?” I ask.

            “Yixing?”

            “He’s your mate?!” “Nice catch, hyung!” “Oh he’s totally cute! I like him for you.” It didn’t really register to me who said who, since the twins were actually listening to my conversation with Kyungsoo, but it seems like everyone’s more excited about having a mate than I am.

           

 

 

            Just do it, Alpha. What are you waiting for?

            I stand in front the next door’s porch, dusting my sleeves for the hundredth time this evening. Kyungsoo locked me out the house, telling me I should head next door to meet and greet my mate.

            You want him, Alpha. What are you waiting for? You want to claim him, right?

            I shake my head, pushing away the thoughts. Not now, seriosuly. I need a decent time with Yixing, and my wolf is getting out of hand with this instincts. With one deep breath, I knock on the door, waiting for Yixing to open up.

            “I’m coming!” I hear Yixing faint voice from inside as I wait. In a few moments his door swung open, revealing a surprised face from my mate, his eyes wide and wondering.

            “Hi.” I greet, not really knowing what the hell what I’m doing.

            He smiles back, almost chuckling, and gestures for me to come in. “Well, what are you doing here?” He asks.

            “Should there be any reason not to be?” I reply before even thinking.

            “Yeah. I though that, too. I just wanted to hear it from you.” He replies, taking a seat in his dimly lit living room. “Come on, sit.”

            I oblige, and I settle myself beside him, keeping a safe distance, just in case my insticts take over again and I end up making a fool of myself.

            “Well? Are you not gonna say anything?” He asks. Looking at him, just meerly seeing his face silenced my mind completely. “Well?”

            I force myself to reply, even if I was at loss for words. “I’m sorry. I just wanted to see you.”

            “Okay..” He mutters back, a blush slowly creeping over his pale cheeks. His brown eyes dart somewhere else, feeling the awkward ambience between us.

            “Sorry. I’m inexperienced with all these stuff. I just want to see you and spend time with you.” I ry to explain again. He looks back at me again, smiling.

            “I understand. I have no experience with all these either. For starters, maybe you should introduce yourself to me right?” He shyly utters, “Oh! Do you want something to drink?”

            “Water.” I reply, feeling the dryness in my throat. “Or maybe we should just head somewhere? Coffee?” I added quickly. He tilts his head a little, thinking to himself, before nodding.

            “Sure, we can do that. Let’s go?”

 

            So for the third time today, I drove again, but this time was different. It wasn’t Kyungsoo’s voice I’m listening to, but Yixing’s angelic voice. Kyungsoo’s was deep and sultry, but Yixing’s was so pure. I can’t even compare the two, and if I should choose between their voices, I’d prefer Yixing’s.

            Biased.

            Call it a biased opinion, but it’s true. Maybe because he’s my mate that I’m attracted to just everything about him.

            Something’s wrong, Suho.

            The voice in my head whispers. I feel that something’s off, yes, but I can’t seem to pinpoint what it was. I can feel it my hands. I look at Yixing, who was humming in his seat, eyes following the lights we passed by. I look in front, eyeing corners for upcoming accidents, but there was none. I grew weary and irritated by the minute.

            “You okay? I feel you’re uneasy.” Yixing mutters softly, a hand brushing over my arm.

            “I just feel something’s off. I don’t know what is it.” I reply, still alert and watchful.

            “Instincts?”

            I nod. Demons. I’m supposed to be enjoying a date or whatever this is—

 

            The impact from behind suddenly interrupts my thoughts. The car was pushed forward quickly, and the impact had our car rotating twice, thrice before halting as it hit a lamp post. I feel the throbbing in my head, being hit to the steering wheel by impact. I look at Yixing who had his eyes glowing in rush, hands clutching to his seat belt. HE was panting. He looks at me fazed, but his eyes grew wide as he continued to stare at me. My head stings, and it feels cold. He gently place a hand on my head, and slowly, the stinging and pounding stops. He pulls back his bloodied hand (Is that my blood?) and pats my shoulder, “You’re fine. I’m here.” He whispers before the shock and darkness took me.

 

 


A/N I'M SORRY! I wasn't really feeling well today, so I wasn't really in my best condition to write. I'm think of extending this with another chapter, becuase there's nothing much really that happened here in part two. I'll get back to you guys soon enough. Probably on Sunday because I have to be somewhere tomorrow, I won't be able to update even if I want to. I'll make up for this crappy chapter, I promise! Havea good weekend subbies! I'll update soon! Sorry again! I FEEL LIKE SUHO IS AN ACCIDENT MAGNET, DON'T YOU THINK

I also posted Book2 of my Alpha series called Two Moons, do check it out and subscribe! Thanks!

 

safe-haven01 yes, probably fluffy but not so much HAHA I'm not even sure myself. The demons, well, yeah, He has to listen to it anyway, even if he doesn't want to..

Teddysai ikr! Lay is so sweet and innocent and so pure and all that I can't imagine him under provocative circumstances! Haha Thank you! I'm trying to stay healthy! Haha seems like I was jinxed I'm not really feeling well right now, but that's okay. I'll get better tomorrow~

serena_w Well if that's the case this is the fic for you! I'm still working on making this as intersting as you guys are expecting~ I hope I satisfy your expectations!

silvercat OH~ That's no problem~ I hope you comment though~ It really helps me! Well, I hope I don't disappoint you since you're one sulay shipper~ Heehee I'll get back better next time. Sorry if this chapter wasn't that good~

chocochippo Heehee, not really too much fluff, I'm not good at fluff but hell I don't know how to explain it! Haha. Just no and anything rated haha