7. Slowly Falling

His Royal Consort
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, one of my most favorite authors has noted that she has been plagiarized. I know that stories on here are not copyrighted but please support every original author's original work and ideas because they truly work hard on their stories and it hurts to know that someone else has been using their hard work. Thank you!

 

By the time Shin Hye had slowed her crying, she had nearly fallen asleep. Jong Suk carefully picked her up and headed towards her compartments. As he walked by several maidservants giggled and the palace guards gawking. They had never seen the General so close to women other than his sister, much less carrying one now. Jong Suk ignored them all.

Nodding away her worried maidservants, he gently set down Shin Hye on her bed. She looked peaceful if a little puffy around her eyes from crying, but still beautiful and serene, hiding her fiery personality underneath. He smiled slightly thinking of the times she had sassed at him, a rare smile that few had ever seen on him. Brushing her hair back from her face, he set a chair down next to her bed. He knew he should probably leave soon, but he wanted time to think about what had also happened with her vision. The fact that she had seen that flames had come from her was troubling, but he tried to slam down his worried feelings. If the Royal Prince does become Royal Prince Successor and he gets wind of Shin Hye's vision, Shin Hye will be in deep water. I'll have to clamp this down and have Yu Bi keep on training her powers. Still, the fact that a prophecy can rarely change...

As if hearing his dark thoughts, Shin Hye tossed lightly in her bed and frowned. 

"Really, ahjumma. You'll get wrinkles faster when you frown," Jong Suk chuckled. He used his finger to gently smooth out her forehead, his rough fingers from years of sword training a contrast to her soft forehead. He liked the feel of her soft skin, marveling at how her skin could burn others but not him. He wouldn't have believed that her skin could burn others until he had seen in action. It was satisfying that the Royal Prince had been burned by her skin, but it irked him that Mi Seung had even laid a single finger on her.

Shin Hye must have been tired out as she started lightly snoring then. The maids outside were startled by a burst of laughter from inside their mistress's bedroom. As the servants cautiously peered in, Jong Suk was lightly smiling at Shin Hye's quiet snores, sending off another round of giggling gossip around the palace servants.

It was near dinnertime that Shin Hye woke up with extra weight on her arm. Blinking out the sleep in her eyes,she saw Jong Suk sitting on a chair with his head bent near her bed. It was one of the rare times that Jong Suk wasn't scowling at others or teasing her. His sleeping image was so angelic, and he looked younger than she had ever seen him. The little mole near the bottom of his right eye was the only blemish on his perf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter