chapter 5

USED TO CHANGE

  Kai and Jaemin’s engagement is held simply. The both family exchange promise ring and discussing about their wedding. It will be held right after their graduation. After that, there is some dinner buffet prepared for both family as almost all of their relatives come to celebrate this big engagement – even all of them Jaemin hardly recognize. But, there is a figure that Kai really recognize. He thought it must be somebody he doesn’t know, but went the latter turned and face Kai, it’s him, Suho. At the same time...

  “Jaemin-ah, this is your aunty –my sister- and her husband, your uncle. And this is your nephew. I guess you already recognize your uncle and your nephew. Hehee...” Jaemin and Kai both shocked to know about Jaemin’s relatives. Is this coincidences or what?! Kai thought. Jaemin’s uncle is the principle of Shinhwa High, and her nephew is... Suho?! Both him and that latter exchanges looks.  

  “Kim Jummyeon. Preffered Suho. Nice to meet you Jaemin. I never thought you are my cousin after all this time.” He introduced as their parents left them to chat. Suho looks at kai with smile. He then said “congrats man! Welcome to the family!” he hugged Kai and whispered to Kai. “Let’s talk outside.” they then left Kaemin to have some conversation.

  “What’s up? I never thought you are her nephew.” Kai said.

  “Me too. I thought my niece would be somebody else.”

  “What do you mean?” he asked curiously.

  “Nothing. I guess you better keep your eyes on her. She could be rather unexpectable.”

  On the weekend, Kai and Jaemin moves to their own house. Both of them didn’t agree at first but their parents insisted to. The reason was; they should know each other better duh...

  “What the heck, why there is only one bed only in this big house?!” shouted Jaemin to Kai. Guess what there is only like two rooms that are equipped, which is ‘their’ room and the library. At least I have my hiding place, Jaemin thought.

  “What? It wasn’t that bad you know. I don’t really care if you want to sleep with me. I don’t mind.” Replied Kai. Jaemin sighed. She has no other idea. She can’t for that just one bed. She knew she will not win. “Fine take the bed I’ll take the couch downstairs. Happy?” she rolled her eyes. Kai smirk as he felt like a winner.

  “Aish... this is cold,” muttered Jaemin. She couldn’t sleep because of the temperature downstairs. She went to the bedroom where Kai is sleeping. He opened the door carefully, not to make any noise. Finding Kai sleeping soundlessly makes Jaemin’s heart skip a beat. She went closer to see him clearly. 5 seconds, 10 seconds, ahhhh... what are you doing. Huargh.. I need to hurry up find a blanket or something and go to sleep. Jaemin quickly make her move towards the wardrobe. It must be here somewhere.

  Kai wakes up from his sleep when he heard some hustling sound. Not to mention that he is a light sleeper. “What are you doing?” he asked when he saw Jaemin. She startled when she heard Kai’s voice. “Uhmmm... blanket.” “Aishhh... it’s not there. Here.” Jaemin froze when she felt heat at her back. Both of Kai’s hands trapped Jaemin when he reached for a blanket. Jaemin straightly move to the couch downstairs after she got the blanket. Why on earth am I feeling this way!...