chapter 3

USED TO CHANGE

  “Jaemin-ah, we are going to visit some friend of mine tonight, so... go get dress up properly. Okay?” Jaemin nods. She made her move to her bedroom, lays her body on her bed. Huuh?.... visiting friend... she sighed. She hates going out of her house at night. Plus, visiting friend means she need to wear dress. Jaemin may be a cute girl but that doesn’t mean that she likes dress. Yeah, she kind of hate dresses. It is uncomfortable. She only has a few of them –it is just for special event.

  Jaemin lazily take one dress from her wardrobe. It is the most comfy dress she ever has. It’s just simple knee-length dress. It’s pink in color, with chiffon material on it and some pinkish and reddish butterflies knitted on the dress. It really suits her. Well maybe it is just mom’s friend so let’s hope there is no Shinhwa’s student. She kind of misses the fashionista side of her. She wears a pair of red checker socks. Nice! She thought. She goes downstairs and waits for her mother –with her ears plugged with the earphones. She looks stunning. “You look good jaemin. Surely they pleased to see you. Let’s go.” Jaemin wears a pair of green sneakers which is a total contra to her attire.

  In the car, her mother said something. “Now listen to me. No matter what you heard at my friend’s house, try to behave okay?” she told her with such seriousness in her voice. Jaemin who is lost in what her mother said just nods. She looks out the car’s window and lost herself in the music.

  “we are here ma’am, young lady.” Said the chauffeur. Jaemin follows her mom with sincere smile on her face.

  Mrs. Choi’s friend greeted them at the door and invited them into their house. It is Mr. and Mrs. Kim that Jaemin never met before. As a respect to the elders, Jaemin like always shake hands with Mrs. Kim –got a kiss on her left rosy cheek –and give a respectable bow to Mr. Kim. “This must be the precious and beautiful princess of her right? You really have stunning view there honey. What’s you name dear?” asked Mrs. Kim. “Stephen Choi Jaemin ma’am,” she answered with smile. Mrs. Kim exchange some glance with mom. “Nice name. My son must be excited to see you. Where is he by the way. Jongin-ah.” She called. The latter appeared from the stairs. Jaemin eyes widened when he appeared. Jaemin swear that this guy is a hot and y guy with the tall figure of his, but that wasn’t the reason why she feels uneasy now. She would be really pleased to know this guy if he wasn’t from her school. Plus, he belongs to the famous group at her school named exo that consist 12 super good looking boys. God!!! Why am I wearing like this. I shouldn’t listen to myself next time! Now let’s pray and hope that he doesn’t recognize me... so this guy introduce himself. “Hi, I am Kim Jongin. Preferred Kai” He take out his hand from his pocket to shake hands with Jaemin, but Jaemin seems to refused, “Jaemin, nice to see you.” She said. She stared this latter right in the eyes like she couldn’t break contact.

  After that greeting session, all of them take their seat at the dining table. Everything become more unfortunate when Kai is sitting in front of her. Jaemin couldn’t careless her situation now. She just put her gaze to her handphone, busying herself with games and socialize with her friends –friends in united kingdom. Even though, she is not looking at Kai, she can feel that this guy, is digging a boring hole on her.

  This girl. What is she really. She looks different from her usual self at school... kai thought to himself. He admit that he quite shocked seeing her just now. She looks different. He never thought that this girl have her own flaws. Her milk skin, her rosy cheeks and her soft pinkish lips. Kai chuckled a bit when he thinks of her. I guess you are something.

  Jaemin sighed. She always feels like this when they are visiting her mom’s friends. Elderlies talk is boring. “Jaemin and Kai can be a perfect couple right?” said Mrs. Kim. Three of them chuckle. Jaemin and Kai just rolled their eyes. they keep talking about wedding and thought it has nothing to do with her so she ignore their chats. “so, when they will be engaged?” asked Mr. Kim, out of nowhere. It does caught Jaemin’s attention. “yes, we have keep talking until we forget about the main agenda. Maybe we should ask the one who will be engaged. Do you have any specific date son?” asked Mrs. Kim to Kai. Jaemin’s lost her grip and her phone fell onto the ground. Everybody there move their attention to her. Did I just misheard? Jaemin suddenly become rigid. She look up to see everybody. Especially her mom. She is clenching her teeth and said, “I’m sorry” and grab her phone and continue with her doings. Behave... she sighed. Her eyebrows furrowed. For the first time in her life, she hates her mom. Kai studies Jaemin. He smirked. “mom, I guess you can decide the date yourself because I don’t have any specific date in my mind now. Can I have sometimes with Jaemin a while. Alone.” He glance at Jaemin as he said his last word. Jaemin look up at him, still frowning.

  They both make way to a small garden at the back the Kim’s family residence. Jaemin is sitting on a bench there while Kai is standing looking at the surrounding. Then, he looks at Jaemin and said, “nice look... loser.” He smirked. Jaemin look at him. Heck he recognized, Jaemin just staring blankly at him. Her eyes follow every move he made. “Now loser, let me tell you clearly, I may not know you but I know, that you are the biggest loser at school. And I will never ever fall for the girl like you never. No matter how hard you try, you’ll never get me. Besides, you are not my type.” He left after he finished speak. Jaemin feels a sudden heavy in her heart. Damn, am I that worse?

  On the way home, jaemin doesn’t say a word. Her mood got totally ruined today. She doesn’t gives a chance for her mother to speak. She just needs some time alone.