chapter 1

USED TO CHANGE

  “Jaemin-ah, everything will be fine okay,”Jaemin look in her mother’s eyes. She is cofused. We just got here. Still in the cab. She thought. “Mom, we just got here,”she replied. “You need to practice your Korean language honey. It’s a waste if you don’t practice it after all this time you learn it.”Jaemin just look out the cab window. She sighed. Seoul, very unfamiliar, with all those people in black and chocolate hair, this is not convincing her guts.

  Everything is still great until she starts her education again. Kirin Middle School, nice name.

  Everything is still cool on her first day –except from all the staring. It’s uncomfortable really. The class teacher fetches Jaemin at the school office. The class is a little far from the office that makes Jaemin to have time calming herself. Attending new school is no kidding a scare. “What’s your name?” the teacher asked. It took her a few second to process what is the teacher saying. “Jaemin, Stephen Choi Jaemin.” She answered.

  And then, they reached the class. It is so loud. People can hear them from miles away. Jaemin and the teacher stand in front of the door. She bit her lower lip. “Don’t worry, they are just fine. Trust me.” the teacher snap open the door. That make all the students fell into a sudden silence. Jaemin followed the teacher into the class with her eyes focused on the floor. “Students, I want to introduce the new student who will be joining you in this class. Her name is Choi Jaemin.” Jaemin pull up her head from the floor and smiled at her fellow new friends. “Hi! My name is Choi Jaemin. Nice to meet you guys” Jaemin can feel it. People here won’t like her presence. All those stare they give, this is not a good welcome. People staring at her like they are studying her. “You can take your seat beside Park Ara.” Jaemin nods as the girl rose up her hand. Then the teacher left.

  People are still staring at her. As she sits at her place, the girl remarks her. “What with the appearance new girl.” Jaemin knew it. This would not be a good start.

  The second day of school, everything started. She got washed with dirt water as she gets into the class. Her desk got stained with all those bad words. She had been ganged up by group of girls. It happens every day. Nobody is on her side. It is a horrendous life of her. She has no clue why is this happening to her. Maybe her little stunning look that makes them jealous. Maybe not. But her look still make her feel like she doesn’t belong in any place in Korea . So she decided to change her appearance a bit. She hides her beauty, she hides her talent, she hide everything, and become a typical bullied girl. To her, it is better like this.

  It is only a few months away before you graduate. You can do this! Jaemin gives some courage to herself. Yeah, it is just a few months away actually because she enroll here as a senior. Do your best. Makes mom proud! It would be a lie if Jaemin is just fine with her life. She also does sometimes feel like she wants to do some suicide acts but, she do everything for her mother. Compared to her child life, her mother is more suffered than her. She must not make her mom worried about her.