Chapter 6

Careful what you wish for

Chanyeol was super nervous about his hang out with Tao. He asked his friends to keep Zhou Mi occupied while he went on his one-sided date. He was sitting on the couch thinking of the bad and the good outcomes of the date but it just kept making him even more nervous. Baekhyun stared at him amused but supported his friend with supporting but cold words, "Chanyeol you'll be fine don't worry about a thing, the bad thing that could happen is that Tao will never trust you again after tricking him that the whole thing was actually a plan to get him to fall for you and then Zhou Mi kicks your ." Chanyeol blanked out after hearing those words and started to chant incoherent words that no one understood.

"Smooth Baekhyun." Kris spoke.

Baekhyun smiled sheepishly and apologised to Chanyeol for the bad choice of words but the other pretty blocked out the world until he heard a knock at the door. He got up instantly and practically ran towards the door to reveal Tao and Zhou Mi. The Exo members were surprised by Chanyeols speed and already knew he just wanted to execute the plan quickly. 

"Hi Chanyeol, ready for our hang out?" Tao asked.

"Y-yeah, Zhou Mi the others are happy to entertain until we get back." Chanyeol replied.

Zhou Mi nodded and headed inside but before could leave the room, Zhou Mi grabbed his arm and whispered in a dark voice, "I want him back at decent time and remember Chanyeol, Tao is mine. Now go have fun!" Zhou Mi said his last sentence out loud but the rest before it was laced with venom. Chanyeol gulped and nodded and quickly exited with Tao following behind him. 

Chanyeols P.O.V

I still couldn't get Zhou Mi's words out of my head. It was like he knew what I was doing today. While I was deep in my thoughts I didn't realise Tao was talking to me until he jabbed me on the ribs. I was released from my train of thoughts to look down at a pouting Tao. I laughed nervously and assured him that I was listening but as always Tao could see right through me. We chatted for most of the trip until we got to our first destination. It was a cute cafe that sold beautiful and delicious cakes. The first time I took Tao here he was so happy he acted like a five year old child. He would stare at the sweets with joy and when we ate he made the cutest smiles when he tasted the sweets. I smiled at the memory but right now I was with a Tao that didn't even know him properly. So I smiled at Tao and told him that the cafe was our first destination.

"WOW! It looks so cute! And the sweets look amazing. Thank you for taking me here Chanyeol, Zhou Mi never really took to this place before. We usually eat at the Chinese sweets cafe." Tao looked at me with pure happiness and I smiled at his childish behaviour but I was also happy that Zhou Mi never took him to this kind of place so it was a bonus.

We entered the shop and took a seat away from the window so the paparazzi couldn't find us. We ordered quite a bit of cake but we devoured happily and enjoyed every bite but I did feel upset at some points since Tao kept talking about his relationship with Zhou Mi. It was a little irratating but I had to bear with it. After we finished the food I took Tao to the movies. Of course we watched a horror movie and Tao was absolutely terrified, he clung onto me like there was no tomorrow. But it was also a chance to get close to Tao. Feeling the warmth of his body reeminded of the days back when we were a couple but lost it after that regretsul night. Looking at Tao's tear stained face was heart breaking, I felt guilty for yelling at him. Now I wanted to fix my mistake.

After the movie finished we went to our last location, the park. It was just a nice relaxing stroll in the park until we settled onto a bench near the lake. Tao watched the birds swim in the lake while I watched him. His eyes glowed beautifully and his smile was breath-taking. Before it was time to go home I spoke, "Tao today was really fun." He turned towards me and smiled, "It was an awesome day. I wished Zhou Mi did this for me. Since he's more busy than me he only takes me to one place and leaves quickly but I still love him even though our times are short." he sighed.

I looked at Tao with a frown and grabbed his hands, "Tao you are the most beautiful and brightest person I have ever met but I don't think Zhou Mi is the one for you." Tao looked up with confusion, "What do you mean?" he asked. I sighed and I knew the next words would probably end his friendship with Tao but it was worth a shot "I want you leave Zhou Mi and be with me." Tao looked at me with wide eyes and I knew I just ruined my chances but I missed my Tao so much I just wasn't thinking straight but before Tao could even answer a fist appeared out of nowhere. It hit me right on my jaw and sent me flying into the lake. I heard Tao scream and I looked at who punched and it was the last person I wanted to see.

"Zhou Mi..."

TBC


Sorry i haven't updated in a while but for now on I'll update at least one of the stories once a week since I've been incredibly busy. Anyway I hope u enjoy this chapter. :)