Chapter 4

Careful what you wish for

Lay stared at his fellow bandmates with confusion, not understanding why they are shocked by his answer. Xiumin was the first to get over the shock and tried to find the solution on why Lay forgot Tao. Meanwhile the others kept asking Lay about Tao but the latter could not remember any times with Taoexcept when they do parties and shows with Super Junior. The others gave up and sat on the nearby couches. As they sat, Xiumin finally figured out on what's happening.

"Guys, I think I know why he forgot Tao." he spoke.

"What's going on?" Kris asked.

"It's because our memories are readjusting to this world. One by one, we'll all forget Tao." Xiumin explained.

"WHAT?! NO! I CAN'T FORGET TAO! I-I need to apologise to him...I can't..." Chanyeol cried.

The others stared at Chanyeol with sympathy and tried to calm him down but then he ran off towards his room. They knew he needed to be alone so they left him there until he cooled down. Lay sat in his seat watching the scene unfold before him and was still confused with the whole situation. Xiumin knew the younger was having trouble understanding but they couldn't do anything for him since he wouldn't understand. Before they discussed anything Luhan rubbed his head in pain which Xiumin noticed. He ran up to Luhan to check if he was okay. The latter waved his hand to signal he was fine but Xiumin was not convinced.

"Xiumin...Are we really going to forget Tao? He means everything to us...We can't lose him..." Suho whimpered.

"I'm afraid so." Xiumin sighed.

While they were talking Chanyeol was staring at some photo's in his phone. In each photo he was all by himself since Tao never became an Exo member he had no photos of him. Chanyeol felt tears in his eyes after he began to realise he just lost the best thing that ever happened to him. He realised that he would never see that certain smile when he wakes up. Chanyeol layed down on his bed thinking about all the happy times he had with Tao will be gone. Before he drifted to sleep, he promised he would turn everything back the way it was before it was too late.