Uncertainty

My Sister's Boyfriend

I was unable to move my legs, as if my feet were nailed painfully to the floor and as much as I ordered my body to move this one ignored my prayers with cold indifference. My mind was a mess and my feelings were hovering, looking for a way to come to light. I wanted to escape from the place before that could happen, because I definitely didn’t want him to see me crying, much less in these dire circumstances. However I found myself looking into his eyes with infinite disappointment, on the verge of scatter my tears. I felt betrayed, hurt and disappointed because I didn’t understand why the guy I thought I knew had deceived both me and my sister in this so low and dirty manner. And I didn’t only felt hurt by that, since my pain was even deeper, because I knew I had lost him. I had lost the Baekhyun of which I had fallen in love with and that destroyed me from the inside.

“Seulmi.” He repeated my name in the same foreign voice he used before while looking at me with an intensity that puzzled me.

Thanks to the coldness with which he spoke to me I managed to get of my state of shock and I immediately ran away from there without even dedicate him one last glance. My mind was only focused on finding a way out and I didn't know why but Kai's face came instantly to my mind, making me look for him all over the place. I just wanted to find him and tell him to take me home as soon as possible. I couldn’t stay here any longer, not when Baekhyun was hovering around maybe looking for his next victim, and certainly I didn’t want to witness that. I could feel how my tears ran down my cheeks, blurring my vision considerably. My breathing was hectic and my legs were still shaking slightly. And suddenly I had no strength to keep moving, I was standing in the middle of the dance floor like an abandoned puppy waiting for the arrival of its owner. I was disoriented and my mind kept playing back over and over again that nefarious scene. I could still remember how he kissed that girl in such a rotten and indecent way, I could still see how he pressed her against his body with obsessive desire. It was so freaking disgusting.

Suddenly I felt how someone put his hands on my shoulders, trying to bring me back to reality. I looked into the eyes of the person who was in front of me and I met Kai's concerned gaze.

“I've been looking for you everywhere. I thought you were lost or something.” He said worriedly. When he noticed my tears he frowned. “What happen? Why are you crying?” He said as he put his fingers on my face with an almost ridiculous delicacy.

That question just made me cry even more. I wanted to get away from here and forget this ever happened, but I knew that it wouldn’t be so easy to forget, not when the deception was eating me up inside like a hungry beast.

“S-Someone…someone hurt you?” He insisted. I could notice a change in his tone of voice, for some reason he sounded very upset.

Yes, someone hurt me…Baekhyun hurt me. That’s what I wanted to answer, but I knew he wasn’t referring to the melodramas of my heart. He still had cradled my face in his surprisingly gentle hands and he was watching me closely, as if he wanted to find out the reason behind my tears. Yet I didn’t want to talk about it, I just wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

“Take me home, Kai.” I sobbed while I diverted my gaze from his, somewhat embarrassed by his intense and worried look.

The boy remained silent, being the only sound the music and the laughter of the people around us. I was afraid of having angered him by the fact of shorten our so called date, but I couldn’t stand it any longer and I hoped he could understand my reasons without having to explain anything.

“Okay, let’s go.” He said in a tone of voice that reflected neither anger nor discomfort, so I just had to check his expression.

When I looked up I realized that this guy was looking at me with kindness, accompanied with a condescending smile. And after drying my cheeks gently, he grabbed my hand and pulled me gently in order to find the exit. I couldn’t help but thank him inside my heart, it was as if he saw through me to give me just what I needed; understanding and silence. He was holding my hand gently, guiding me with patience and delicacy. Kai was truly kind.

“Thank you, Kai.” I found myself muttering and despite all the hubbub that surrounded us, he managed to hear me, since he squeezed my hand when I finished saying those words.

Yet, we didn’t managed to get that far, because someone had grabbed my wrist abruptly, stopping both me and Kai in the process. I didn’t have to turn around to know who it was, but I did it anyways. Baekhyun stared at me with a blank expression, but I could see something else in his eyes; annoyance? I didn't know. All I knew is that his grip burned my skin, sending electricity through my whole body. My anatomy longed for his touch, but now more than ever I needed to learn to resist the temptation. I looked into his eyes shyly, a little fearful for his next move and unconsciously I squeezed Kai’s hand, seeking support and understanding.

“Come with me.” Baekhyun commanded me authoritatively. I still wasn’t used to seeing him that serious and indifferent. And certainly I didn’t want to go with him, not in a million years.

I was about to shake my head, since I didn’t trust my voice, probably it was still shaky and weak. But before I could do so, Kai stood protectively in front of me, glaring at the other boy. The tanned guy was significantly taller than Baekhyun, so the latter had to look up at him. However the aura of my sister's boyfriend was so strong and suffocating that could be noticed that Kai was at a disadvantage in this situation. I knew this wasn’t going to end well if we continued in this way, but I didn’t know what to do to end with the tension in the air. I had no intention of leaving with Baekhyun, I couldn’t even look at his face without feeling disgusted, so a car trip with him was far away from my plans. So my mind and my body leaned towards Kai’s side, so I tried to break free from the grip of the other guy, but this one didn’t want to let go of me.

“Let her go.” Kai said noticing the almost desperate manner in which I was trying to wriggle out of Baekhyn's grasp.

The man scoffed, totally incensed by the situation. He wanted to get this over with as soon as possible, he was losing his patience, I knew it by the way he was acting. Maybe I wasn't familiar with this Baekhyun, but I knew that when he was angry the thing became serious.

“Who the do you think you are? Who are you to Seulmi?” Baekhyun said with a calm voice and maybe that was what made him more intimidating and dangerous. And before the other boy could even answer, he added. “Back off.”

And before Baekhyun could say anything else, I spoke first. “Stop it. Just…let me go with Kai.” I muttered facing the floor, unable to meet his eyes. I felt totally anxious and nervous. God, I really wanted to get away from him.

“You are coming with me. Period.” He replied with authority.

Immediately I looked up, finding a very annoyed Baekhyun. I didn’t understand why he was acting like this. He shouldn’t even want to be in my presence after what happened minutes ago. I found him cheating on my sister for crying out loud, he should be desperate trying to come up with excuses to cover up his loathsome actions, he should be ashamed of himself. But instead of that, he acted as if nothing had happened, as if I hadn’t just found him with another girl exchanging saliva behind Taeyeon’s back. He should be nervous, begging for forgiveness. Then, why he acted as if he owned the world?

When I saw the resolution, hassle and authority in his eyes I knew it wasn’t going to be easy to get out of the situation. I didn’t want to involve Kai in my problems again, so reluctantly, I let go of his hand. He immediately looked at me in confusion, in fact he was looking at me with concern too.

“Don’t worry, Kai. I'll be fine.” I assured him with a slight smile.

“But-”

“Trust me.” I cut him off.

He looked me in the eyes with uncertainty, not knowing whether to let me go with another guy or not, after all this was very sudden and he didn’t know the relationship that existed between the newcomer and me, could well be a . But after a few seconds he nodded slowly as he dedicated me a sympathetic and sweet smile. I found myself smiling back, happy that he could trust me without questioning me here and now. And before I could say goodbye to him, Baekhyun was already dragging me out of the place, pulling me by the wrist roughly, as if he were dealing with a disobedient and bratty child. The only thing that came to my mind at that time was the difference between this grip and Kai’s, who always treated me with kindness and gentleness.

As he dragged me I could feel how the music and bustle were getting lower, until finally all I could hear was my heavy breathing. I was nervous and scared. My sister’s boyfriend was in silence, he didn’t even bother to look back to make sure if I was alright or not. Nothing was right and I was no longer sure how to act in front of him anymore, I didn’t even dare to talk to the guy. I felt intimidated and the way he held my wrist bothered me, because he was treating me as if he didn’t know me at all, he was treating me as if I were a stranger and I hated it.

When we reached his car, which was parked quite far from the entrance of the club, he immediately released my wrist and put his hand in his back pocket to look for the car keys.

“Get in.” He ordered me when he opened the passenger door.

God, his voice was so cold that made me want to cry. If he was going to behave like this I didn’t want to be around him, but something told me that I had no choice.

“Get.in.the.car.” He repeated again, this time with more authority, intimidating the hell out of me.

I looked into his eyes and I realized that he was already staring at me. His eyes were empty, without emotion, with nothing to offer; it was horrible and I couldn’t say no if he stared at me in that so scary way. So I got in the car sheepishly. When I sat down he slammed the door shut and walked around the car to get on as well. I thought we would leave immediately, but I was surprised when instead of turning on the engine, he turned to me to stare at me intently, scrutinizing my face without shame. I blushed at such intense stare and unable to tolerate it, I ducked my head to escape from his eyes. I could feel how my heart started beating wildly against my chest and I feared that he too could hear it even knowing that that was impossible. And because of the nervousness, I started playing with the hem of my skirt. My hands were shaking, really. But what made me even more anxious, was the fact that he were silent without trying to strike up a conversation. I could feel how his eyes were digging holes in my face and I found myself blushing even more and I hated it. I shouldn’t feel like this after what I witnessed at the club. My heart shouldn’t beat in such a wild way in his presence. I shouldn’t feel so nervous and anxious by the mere fact of feeling his gaze fixed on me. I should hate him, resent him, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t find the willingness to hate him, I really couldn’t have negative feelings towards this man. However this didn't mean I was going to forgive him, because I knew that our relationship was already broken, nothing would be the same from now on.

“Was that your date?” He asked suddenly with a distant voice.

I looked up immediately while frowning in confusion, because I definitely didn’t expect a question like that. And certainly it wasn’t the time to discuss this and now that I thought about it, I should be the one to start the interrogation, he was at a disadvantage over here and he should be nervous here, not vice versa. But I decided that everything at its time, if he wanted to know about my love life in this so untimely and ridiculous situation so be it, later it would be my turn and I wasn’t going to make things easy, because I couldn’t tolerate what he was doing. I had to be brave. Life had commissioned of mistreating my confidence, but I wouldn’t let the same thing happen to Taeyeon. I had to be brave for her and her dignity.

“Yes, he’s Kai.” I said softly, feigning nonchalance just like him. But deep down I knew that all he could perceive in me was fear.

He looked at me with narrowed eyes. “I don’t like that guy for you.” He said as if it were the most natural thing in the world, as if he cared, as if he wanted me to understand that there was still a hint of tenderness in his being and that infuriated me more than I already was.

“You are not in any position to judge him.” I said frowning, totally outraged. I knew that at any moment I was going to cry, after all I always did when I was angry and frustrated about something.

I could see a hint of surprise in his eyes, since it was the first time I addressed him so coldly, but after a few seconds his eyes hardened again. But before he could say something totally out of place again, I asked something that remained hovering in my fragile mind from the moment I saw him cheating on my sister.

Why?” I asked in a pathetic whisper.

I expected at least some reaction on his part, but he was unmoved, oblivious to the whole situation and only then I realized that he really didn’t care. He wasn’t repented of his actions. And just like that my last hopes plummeted, leaving me with a broken heart filled with disappointment for the man who I thought I knew during all these years. I felt extremely betrayed, and with just imagining the suffering this would cause to my sister I finally began to cry.  My sister was my only family. She was the only thing I had and I didn’t even tolerate the thought of her suffering. She deserved only happiness, the very best.

I knew it wasn’t a good idea to cry in front of this man, but all of this hurt me too much and my sister's face torn and crying was still in my mind. It was unfair, very unfair. Our life hadn't been rosy and I knew that everyone had their own problems, but this could have been avoided. Baekhyun had no right to do this and if I didn’t do something about it, he may keep doing it without remorse. I was the only one who could protect my sister of this angel-faced demon.

“A-Answer me.” I sobbed after spending minutes in silence, being my crying the only thing that could be heard.

I had my head down, without having the courage to immerse myself in those dangerous brown orbs. I knew he was staring at me intently, since I could almost feel the rays lasers coming out of his eyes burning my whole body.

“This doesn’t concern you, Seulmi.” He merely said coldly.

And that was the straw that broke the camel. How dared he to tell me that crap to my face? I lifted my head and looked at him furiously, forgetting even for a few seconds about my weakness.

“How can you tell me it's none of my business?! I just saw how you cheated on my sister with another girl! How could you do something so low, Baekhyun?! I thought you were in love with her! I thought you were a good person! God, I hate you so much! You're lucky to have someone like Taeyeon in your life! I don’t want you to go near her from now on! I want you to go away from our lives!” I cried out with all the fury and frustration that had accumulated since I saw him with that girl. Maybe I was overreacting, since this was the first time I saw him doing something like this, but I was so hurt that I said the first thing that came to my mind. Besides the mere thought of a life without Baekhyun made me tremble in agony.

It was the first time I spoke to him like this, the first time I raised my voice and the first time to not call him oppa. And even though his eyes remained indifferent and rigid, I knew he was a little bit surprised by my behavior. I didn’t like the way he was handling all this, because not only he was acting like he didn’t give a damn, but he was treating me like a little girl who didn't know anything about life.

“You are not going to say anything to Taeyeon.” He said in an authoritative voice, which left no doubt whatsoever. There was resolution and arrogance in his melodious voice, letting me know that there was no room to negotiate on the matter. His response was final.

“You cannot stop me. I'll tell my sister what I saw. She doesn’t deserve something like this.”

I refused to hide this information from my sister. She had the right to know about the activities of her boyfriend and I couldn’t be the one to leave her in the middle of an abyss of ignorance.

“If you tell her the truth the only thing you're going to do is make her suffer. I make her happy and you can’t deny it. Taeyeon needs me.” He said in a calm voice, as if he were teaching me a mathematical formula; accurate and simple.

I hated to admit it, but he had a point. This man made my sister extremely happy. She loved him more than words could ever say and I knew that losing him would be a torment for the girl. What was the right thing? What could I do? Was it worth breaking her heart? Should I tell her and destroy in the process all the illusions she had put in her boyfriend? Did I dare to take away her happiness?

“See? You cannot do that.” He said smirking triumphantly.

I watched his face, his arrogance and his insensitive gaze and I couldn’t avoid the wave of pain and disappointment that filled my heart, saddening my soul. How was it possible that a person could make someone suffer for no apparent reason? How was it possible that one person could bring you down with only one action of his? How was it possible that the person that you trusted blindly could betray you in such a cruel way? And just like that I realized that love was dangerous and painful, because the person you loved had the power to destroy at any time all you ever believed in, as it happened to me. Baekhyun not only showed me how dark love could be, but he also made me realize that the reality was very different from fairy tales. I always thought he was my prince, but now I realized that something as Prince Charming didn't exist in the harsh reality. My hopes to love and be loved were soiled just like this, leaving me surrounded by lies and deceit.

I think he couldn’t bear my look of disappointment for too long, because after a few seconds he turned his head and decided to start the engine to finally move the car. During the ride we remained in silence and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, because we had nothing to talk about anyways, not anymore. My body, heart and mind were exhausted, I practically couldn’t feel anything. I wanted to keep my mind blank and not to think about a thing. All of this was too overwhelming for my unstable mind.

When we reached home and when the car barely stopped I did a move to get out of the car, not wanting to associate any longer with this man, but before I could do so, he took my elbow strongly. I had an idea of what he wanted to say or rather remind me, but I couldn’t be more wrong, because when he opened his sinful mouth my blood began to boil with rage and indignation.

“By the way, that Kai guy is very lucky. You look absolutely lovely, baby.” He said playfully, smiling with that adorable smile of his.

How dared he call me baby after everything that happened? How dared he even talk to me? How dared he play with me? And for the very first time I didn’t blush for a compliment of his. I tore myself from his grip abruptly and without delay I jumped out of the car. With keys already in hand I walked quickly to the entrance of my house, praying that Baekhyun would still be unbuckling his belt, but since God seemed to hate me terribly, the male was already beside me, waiting for me to decide to open the door once and for all. I didn’t understand what he was doing here at this time, since on weekdays he never came or stayed this late in our house, so I was confused about his intentions. Maybe he was here to prevent me from reveal the truth to his girlfriend.

“Mimi! How was your date?! You need to tell me everything!” Taeyeon exclaimed as she descended the stairs enthusiastically, like a little girl welcoming her parents after a long day of work. Maybe she heard me coming and therefore she rushed to get to my side to collect the information she wanted from me. But when her eyes fell on the person beside me she arched an eyebrow in confusion, since supposedly Baekhyun should be doing God knew what with his brother, at least that's what he said hours ago. He freaking lied.

“Oh, babe, what are you doing with my sister? I thought you were going to be busy with Chanyeol.” She said tilting her head cutely in confusion.

“My baby called me and asked me to pick her up.” He lied skillfully as he smiled sweetly at her. He approached his girlfriend to put his arm around her shoulders and give her a sweet kiss on the forehead.

Liar! You big liar! I didn’t know what disgusted me more, the fact that he kept on calling me baby or the fact that he were acting as if nothing had happened while lying without even hesitating in front of his girlfriend. How could he be so sweet with her after what he did? How he had the guts to approach her? How could he take the blame for his actions in a so natural and credible way? This made me put on doubt many things, but what most weighed on my heart was the uncertainty of whether he really loved her or not. Did he ever loved her at least? Did he ever took into consideration her feelings? Did he ever truly cared about me or was also a lie?

“Mimi, come on, tell me all about your date.” My sister urged as she rested her head on her boyfriend’s shoulder, who in turn, put his head on hers, keeping her in the safety of his embrace.

I observed thoroughly the couple in front of me and all I could see was love. Nothing made sense. I didn’t know what to trust. I didn’t know if this was real or not. I didn’t know what to do. My sister looked so happy and comfortable at his side and he on his part looked the same way. I was definitely a mess, I no longer knew what to think and in what to believe in. Everything was scrambled in my mind and I lacked the energy to make up any conclusions.

“Unnie, I'm really tired. I just want some rest.” I said smiling slightly, almost out of obligation, because I had no reasons to smile in a situation like this.

She pouted, disappointed to postpone our conversation. “Oh, okay. Sleep well, Mimi.” She said grinning at me sweetly.

“You too, unnie.”

I passed beside them and I didn’t even give another glance at Baekhyun, who was staring at me intensely, I could see it from the corner of the eye. I needed some time to myself and think about what the heck I was going to do. And as my mother always said, there was no better counselor than your pillow. However when I found myself wrapped in the safety of my sheets all I did was cry. I was weak, a coward, a poor girl who no longer believed in the magic of love or rather, I was the girl whose dreams and childhood fantasies were stolen by a cheater.

The next morning my eyes were puffy from all the crying of last night, but I still managed to look presentable, thank God. When I went down to breakfast Luna was already waiting for me with all the food nicely served on the table, ready to devour. Everything looked delicious to be honest and it was expected, after all Luna was a great cook, but I didn’t want to eat anything for now, I just wanted to go to school and distract my troubled mind.

“Luna, can you put this in a lunchbox, please? I want to eat it at school.” I said with the most convincing smile that I could sketch out, because as I said yesterday, I had no reason to smile for the time being.

I knew that if I told the woman I wouldn’t eat, she would make a fuss about it, so this was my last resort to escape from the situation. Then I would give this delicious food to Sehun, after all he loved the food that…oh…right…I couldn't approach him, his obsessive girlfriend made it quite clear. Another reason to be depressed today.

“Oh, that's new, but it’s okay.” She said in her soothing motherly tone of voice.

And suddenly I felt the need to ask about my uncertainties, after all I had never been in a romantic relationship before and I didn't know much about these issues. So while she packed my lunch dedicatedly, I sat down at the table, put my elbows on it and rested my chin in my hands, decided to ask a few questions.

“Luna, I have something to ask you.” I started to say a little nervous, not knowing how to bring up the matter.

“Sure, darling. Tell me.”

“Well…the thing is that…my…friend, yes, my friend.” I started to say again clumsily. “She has a boyfriend whom she really loves and he also seemed to love her very much, everything looked great and compromising for both. Actually I was very jealous of their beautiful relationship. But my friend found out that he cheated on her with another girl.” I finished saying nervously.

“Aigoo, poor kid.” She said with pity, without neglecting what she was doing.

“I know.” I whispered upon thinking about my poor sister. “I don’t understand, they looked so good together, they seemed the perfect couple and you could see the love between them. How could he do something like that? Does that mean that he never really loved his girlfriend?” I asked hoping that Luna could appease the uncertainties of my soul.

“Well, it's complicated. Humans are weak and cannot resist the temptation. There is a possibility that this guy is actually in love with his girlfriend, but the temptation was too big to resist. But there is also the possibility that he cheated on her because he simply doesn’t really love her. As you see it's complicated, we can never know what was in the boy's mind at that moment.”

Temptation? That seemed like a bad excuse to me to be honest, especially when I saw the way in which the lovebirds behave. It seemed impossible to think that the Baekhyun I knew could cheat on my sister, because he seemed to adore her so much. Nevetheles, now that I knew how things really were I didn't know to differentiate the truth from the lies. Perhaps – as Luna said – he just fell into temptation and really loved my sister. But again, he didn’t even seem remorseful yesterday. Everything was too complicated and stressful, and I was mentally exhausted.

My mind was a whirlwind of questions, even when I sat in class, my mind just couldn’t concentrate on the lecture. The only thing I could think of for the time being was in Baekhyun and my sister. What will be my decision? Would I be able to reveal the truth even knowing that it was going to destroy her? Did I have the guts to destroy a relationship that seemed so beautiful and real? Moreover, well this may be the only time he had done something like that. Maybe he did love my sister and all this was a big mistake of his. It was only once…right? Was it worth destroying a love of this category by just a mistake that he made? I really didn't know. I was confused and I needed to talk to someone, but the person I needed wasn't with me at this time. The person I needed most now was the same person that I had tried so hard to avoid.

“Kim Seulmi, are you okay? You look so pale.” My physics teacher asked me aloud. All my classmates turned to look at me with curiosity, including Sehun.

“Eh, I-I’m…fine.” I lied unconvincingly. Actually I could see how Sehun looked at me with narrowed eyes, completely unconvinced by my answer, after all he knew me so well that knew I was lying.

My physics teacher was an old, nice and caring man. He always cared about his students and tried to help them when they had problems, so when Sehun intervened and told him that I indeed wasn’t feeling very well, my teacher with a sincere and worried smile let me out of the room to freshen up. But even though his intentions were good, I disliked the idea of leaving the classroom, since Sehun asked permission to take care of me and guess what? Mr. Choi allowed him delightfully. I knew that my best friend just wanted to be alone with me, looking for a chance to confront me and I was right when the first thing he asked me when we were alone in the hallway was, "What’s wrong with you, Seulmi?"

And I had no choice but to pretend misunderstanding. “What are you talking about? I’m perfectly fine.” I answered with a shrug, feigning innocence.

The boy let out a long sigh, putting his hands on his hips, frustrated by my stubbornness. “Don’t bull me, Missy. Those dark circles and red eyes tell me just the opposite, not to mention you've been acting weird since yesterday.”

“I'm not acting weird, Sehun.” I said pathetically as I shook my head.

My friend gave me a look of disbelief and then scoffed angrily. “You've been avoiding me, Seulmi. And last but not least you've been a lot around Kai. I'm your best friend, but since yesterday you've been treating me like a stranger. Why?” He asked with hurt evident in his voice.

I found myself cornered. What was I supposed to say now? My intention wasn't hurting him at all, I loved him too much to do something like that, but I couldn't just tell him about his girlfriend’s threats. I knew he will not believe me if I said that, he trusted in her so much and I didn't want be the villain of the story. I was at a disadvantage over here and I didn't want him to hate me for speaking ill of the girl he loved. Everything was complicated and I wasn't the kind of person who faced courageously her problems, but on the contrary, I hid myself from them.

“I don’t know what you're talking about. I haven’t been avoiding you, Sehun. I just want to give you space with your girlfriend. Now you have Sohee, I can no longer stick with you as I have been doing so far. You need your privacy. You have your life and I have mine, we need a time for ourselves too, you know.” I lied. It was funny, because I felt just the opposite. I needed him now more than ever, but I couldn't have him now, because I knew that Sohee was going to come between us again.

He looked at me like I was crazy, professing blasphemies as if I didn’t know what I was talking about and I didn't blame him, after all he and his girlfriend had been dating for a while now and I had never acted this way before trying to give them time for themselves, so it made no sense what I just said. But before he could say something about it, I hastened to speak first, not wanting to answer more questions.

“I'm going to the bathroom. I need water.” I announced before turning around and heading towards the ladies room.

I didn’t even stop to look at his face again, because I feared having hurt him or something. It was hard, very hard to neglect my best friend like this, but as long as he was happy with his psycho girlfriend everything was fine with me, because after all the only thing I had always wanted was his happiness.

I was too busy thinking about not only the disaster that did Baekhyun but now also about my best friend when someone took my wrist gently, but with enough strength to turn me around. My face crashed into someone's chest as my heart pounded wildly because of the surprise.

“Hey, beautiful.” An incredibly familiar voice said.

At the moment in which I heard his voice I calmed down immediately and I could sigh with relief. I lifted my head to look at his face and I realized that he was already staring at me with a small smile on his handsome face. Due to the proximity of our bodies, I blushed, making him chuckled.

“Hello, Kai.” I greeted him still with red cheeks.

I tried to get away from him, since I was starting to feel pretty uncomfortable in the position we were in, but he put his arms around my waist, holding me close to his body.

“Hi.” He muttered smoothly, smiling gently. Ok, this was too awkward.

“Uh…can you let me go?” I said sheepishly as I avoided meeting his eyes.

I expected more resistance on his part, so when he let go of me as an obedient child I was surprised, but I wasn’t complaining. “What are you doing here, Kai?” I asked trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere. “You should be in class.”

He just shrugged nonchalantly. “Minji and I were making out when our teacher arrived, so she sent us to the principal office.” He said like it was no big deal. And it really wasn't, at least not at this point, because Kai always was sent to the principal's office for not following the protocol of the school – that meant no skinship by the way. In short, teachers always found him kissing or fondling girls in the corridors or anywhere, to be honest.

“So, what are you doing here?” I asked crossing my arms. “Be a good boy and go where you need to go.”

He just smiled affectionately as he shook his head. “I'm not going anywhere. Furthermore I ditched because I saw you talking with Sehun.” He replied carelessly. “And I wanted to…you know.” He began to speak nervously while he scratched his neck. “See how you were. I'm talking about what happened last night.” He said shyly.

I giggled upon seeing him so nervous just for that, but I was happy, because with this Kai showed me that he really cared about me, somehow. After having learned more about him in our supposed date, I realized that I already saw him as a person in whom I could trust completely. I felt like it was still too early to call him a friend, but he was very close to being one and I was very happy about that, because due to the current circumstances I needed support and companionship. Kai kept me company and made my day without even trying so hard, he just needed to be himself.

“Thanks for your concern, Kai. I'm fine…last night…well…it's complicated.” I admitted sheepishly as I played with my hands awkwardly.

His gaze was soft when he spoke. “Who was he, Seulmi? Why were you crying?”

I sighed deeply. “He…is my sister’s boyfriend.” I answered softly, refusing to speak up.

I didn’t know whether to tell him or not about what happened last night, but the words wanted to get out of my mouth desperately. I wanted to tell someone about this secret, because it was too big to keep it to myself. But, was it a good idea to tell him? I didn't know, but to be honest at this point I didn’t care, I just wanted to talk to someone.

“I was crying because I found him kissing another girl. He was cheating on my sister and I couldn’t tolerate it.” I hastened to say, feeling the weight of my chest stirred as I uttered each syllable.

Kai looked at me intently, nodding his head slowly, listening to me attentively. His eyes were narrowed and he was biting his lower lip as if he were thinking about the matter.

“Well…he’s an .” He finally stated with seriousness written all over his face.

I didn’t know why, but his expression was amusing to me. “Look who says, the playboy.” I with an amused smile.

He smirked. “It’s different. I've never been in a relationship before. I've never had a girlfriend, so technically I'm not cheating on anyone. Besides these girls know what they are to me.” He said with a shrug.

“Oh! You've never had a girlfriend before?” I asked surprised, forgetting about the main topic without even noticing.

He denied with his head. “Nope, because it’s hard work, girls can be quite annoying.” He said with a disgusted expression, which made me laugh.

“Don’t say that, I’m a girl too! Let’s just say that your fangirls are the annoying creatures around here.” I said whining while pursing my lips.

The boy laughed heartily, which made me smile back, as Kai looked really cute when he laughed. I never realized that before.

“Yes, they are.” He said fully agreeing with me, still laughing boyishly.

I cocked my head as I kept on watching his face. Kai was attractive and hot, no one could deny it, not even me. But I never imagined that he could look so innocent and adorable while laughing. I was so focused on admiring his face that I didn’t realize that he was staring at me intensely, scrutinizing my face as I was doing with his. Yet when I noticed his intense and piercing gaze, I ducked my immediately, blushing in a deep red color.

“Like what you see?” He asked in an amused voice. I knew his face was adorned with a cocky smirk, I didn’t need look at him to know.

“Stop it.” I whined.

He chuckled softly. “Cute.”

We were silent for a few seconds. I still had my head down, for fear of being ridiculed by his arrogance again, plus I knew that my cheeks were still red.

“Seulmi.” He called me suddenly. His voice was serious, letting me know that he wouldn’t make fun of me this time.

I didn’t hesitate to raise my head to face him, curious about the sudden change of attitude. When we made eye contact I could see concern in his eyes, puzzling me a little, since I didn’t understand why he should be worried.

“Did you only cried for that yesterday? Is not there any other reason? You sure you're okay?” He asked anxiously, looking at me seriously.

I frowned. I had already told him the situation that took place last night, then why he asked me again about it? Was he doubting my words? Was he suspecting something by any chance? But the confusion and bewilderment faded away when I saw the genuineness of the concern that he was expressing through that kind and innocent look. Kim Kai was really concerned about my emotional state and that said a lot. So I knew I could be completely honest with this guy.

“To be honest, no. I'm not okay, Kai.” I smiled sadly. “Baekhyun cheated on my sister and I feel kinda responsible for that, because if I don’t tell her now what I saw I will be his accomplice. And as if that weren’t enough I cannot count with Sehun when I need him most. Everything is complicated and my own feelings are at risk. Tell me what I can do about it, Kai.” I said trying to hold back the tears that threatened to surface.

Kai approached me and wrapped me gently in his arms, squeezing me against his warm and toned chest. I didn’t know how to react to this sudden gesture, much less know whether to hug him back or not, since I felt quite uncomfortable in this position, but I realized that this was what I really needed at the moment; someone who could give me warm at this time of extreme vulnerability. I was lonely and he knew it.

“Don’t worry, princess. I’m here and I will support you from now on.” He whispered close to my ear, sending a wave of electricity through my whole body. And then I just hugged him back, hiding my face on his chest.

What was Kai doing with me? Was he really sincere or it was just a way to get to me? I could allow myself to fall into the trap of a man again, not when I lost some of my faith in love.


First of all I just want to give you guys a BIG hug for all the support really. I can't believe I have that many upvotes! T^T Thank you so much!!!!! It means so much to me and I love that you like my story. I always try my best so it's great to know that for the time being that is enough *-* I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! ^3^

Okay, now I want to say that I didn't edit the chapter, but I'm going to do it tomorrow :)

Sooo...what do you think about the chappie? What do you think about Baekhyun's reaction? Do you really think that Kai likes Seulmi? Does she start like Kai? :O *sigh* so many questions! >.<

Anyways I hope you liked it. And please do leave a comment! I love them so much!!! >.<

Thanks again for the support and lots of love for you good people!!! Bye Bye ^O^