Chapter 5

Without the Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Tiffany woke up in the middle of the night because her back and neck hurt from sitting too long. She then realized that she was not alone. Oh .


She stayed still, but noticed that the poor woman beside her was shivering from the cold. Tiffany cursed herself for being so careless. She should've woken up earlier. She decided to carry the woman with a little difficulty and bring her to the tree house. At least there she can sleep comfortably.


She placed Jessica gently on the bed then pulled the blanket over her. She stared at the woman's face and smiled. She immediately scolded herself for letting her guard down just because of a certain girl.


You know that she's not just a certain girl. She's special.


Tiffany's brain was battling with each other. The other was defending Jessica, while the other was guarding her own self.


She grabbed a spare futon, some pillows and a blanket. She's the type of person who respects personal space so she never liked the idea of sleeping beside someone. She laid down on the futon, stared one last time at Jessica, and then she decided to sleep.


Just when she was about to get her much awaited sleep, she heard a voice filled with desperation, pain and sadness.


"T-tyler... Please, l-let me g-go. It h-hurts. N-no."


The hurt in Jessica's voice was evident. Tiffany couldn't help but wonder why an amazing woman like her would date that bastard. She deserves someone better.


"P-please... S-someone..."


Tiffany tried ignoring her, but she just couldn't. Her conscience and heart wouldn't let her. She heard sobbing and that's it. She couldn't take it anymore. She stood up and walked to Jessica's direction. Her heart broke at what she saw. Jessica was crying in her sleep with her body curled in a fetal position.


Tiffany resisted the urge to hug and comfort the woman. She succeeded. She waited for a minute, but the crying got worse so she grabbed a chair and positioned it beside the bed. She contemplated on what she's about to do.


This is not right.


Just do it.


She debated with her heart, but the latter won. She sighed and rubbed her temples. Ah. Screw personal space!


She sat on the chair and grabbed Jessica's hand gently. She rubbed her thumb on the girl's hand to soothe her and she caressed the woman's hair almost romantically while saying the words, "Sshh. I'm here. Don't worry, you're safe with me."


After a few minutes, the crying stopped. Jessica returned to her normal sleeping state again and Tiffany was left confused.


What just happened?


Tiffany doesn't know why, but something's not right with her right now. Every rule she made, every boundary she built, everything just disappears when it comes to Jessica. Tiffany placed her chin on her arms and stared at Jessica bashfully.


What are you doing to me?


Those were Tiffany's thoughts before she drifted off to sleep. Not beside Jessica on the bed, but still somehow beside Jessica.

---------


The blinding light from the sun that entered the windows woke Tiffany up. She stretched her arms and turned her neck left and right. Damn. My neck hurts. Then she remembered what happened last night. Oh shoot. When she stared at the figure on the bed, she sighed in relief. She didn't want the woman to leave alone after what happened last night.


Realization hit Tiffany. She just brought someone in their sanctuary. Oh god. She stood up abruptly which caused the chair to stumble backwards with a loud sound. Tiffany's eyes immediately looked at the person sleeping on the bed. I hope she's not awake yet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter