Chapter 2

Without the Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence engulfed the place. She could only hear her own breathing and the faint sound of her boots on the ground. It was winter again. She shivered when she felt the cold wind embrace her. She immediately rubbed her palms together and blew on them in hopes of warming them up. She scanned her surroundings, inhaled and cracked a smile. 


'I miss this place.'


She took her time and stopped most of the time to observe things. The grass seems taller now and the trees definitely grew older. The hammock was still there, though it's very dusty so the color changed from white to dirty brown. She was glad that no one found this place—their sanctuary. 


She moved forward when something caught her eye. In front of her eyes was their tree house, still the same as they left it. The door still has their names engraved on it, like a promise that'll never be forgotten. Underneath their names was a quote that reads, "I will always be with you." Her eyes glistened with tears and she wiped it off hastily. She remembered everything. 


This place was still filled with their bittersweet memories. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't forget. Everything kept coming back to that one fateful day. The day that ended everything. 


Love... It is the most stupid thing. It makes you want to pull your hair out, but at the same time you still care for that person. Love is cruel. Don't ever give your heart to someone because they will just hurt yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter