#001

Life of an Introverted Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This story will all be in Francesca (Anna)'s POV

"This is the flight from Newcastle to Bangkok...."

This was it- the start of my backpack trip that i have secretly planned for months- that dreadful part-time jobs that i had to secretly take nearby my uni so i couldn't get caught; it's my first and probably final solo trip. I am excited!

Hold on! what am i saying? sorry for being rude, let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm Francesca Victoria Abraham- but you can call me Anna for short- i'm 21 and a fresh graduate- and i am currently on a 'spiritual' backpack trip and my first destination is BANGKOK!! The land of Durian and Tom Yum- and mostly a kickstart on my spiritual journey. I think i need this trip before i start my fixed future- what future you ask?

THE LIFE OF AN HEIRESS- taking over my late parents business, we are a mix conglomerate and diplomatic family- so my life, like any cliche dramas that you've probably seen, is quite fixed. Not that i am bragging, it's just... Maybe i should start from how I ended up on a plane to Bangkok.

(MAJOR FLASHBACK)

Once upon a time... hahaha i'm a fairytale now... kidding. Well, as i mentioned earlier, I am an heiress- of the Quartz Empire- my dad was a smart lad and my late grandfather trusted my dad's visions- so the business began with my grandfather's investment in my dad's business and along the line, his bestfriends invested in it as well- so one thing lead to another, that's how our family business expanded worldwide. Not that i hated my life- no! i love and appreciate it tons- because i get to meet my 2 bestfriends who are like my siblings since we are all the only child in our perspective families.

Fast forward time.

My parents died in a car crash with a drunk truck driver when they were on their way back from overseas meeting- i was 9 years old then. (Bless their souls). Well, in a nutshell- since my family along with with my bestfriends family lived in a compound, i was in their custodial rights. I had no relatives at all so they were like my relatives. At one point, when i was around 12, i was kidnapped by a business rival and since then, the security and people around me were filtered- at first, it obviously hurt me because i was still a teenager and like any teenager, i wanted to experience go out and whatsoever- but i later found out that i was used as a stepping stone- they needed a parachute and thinking that i'd be grateful of the friendship, they thought i'd bring them in, into the company by saying a few good words to my uncles (Dad's besties) who is currently the acting directors and CEO. They thought i was naive, i probably was but not my bestfriends- i found out from my 2 bestfriends when they let me overhear my so-called friends conversation, saying how easy it'll be to be rich when they're with me. I was hurt and that made me introverted.

I forgot to introduce you my bestfriends:
Nana Qistina Morsley- her dad was one of my dad's bestfriends (Or BLOOD BROTHERS, as they called it) and her mother was an international Fashion Designer- under our subsidiary fashion company, it's called Quartz.
My other bestfriend is Harvey Kris Alaine- Like Nana's father, he was also my dad's bestfriend whilst his mother was the secretarist of our fathers.

These two bestfriends of mine... they are not normal- not that i'm saying that they are weird but they have this sense of duty and protection over me. If i was to set an example, it would be like a household- where Kris is my father and Nana is my mother; they are both over-protective and over-bearing over me- so much that there are bodyguards around me- reporting my every movements.

(Fast forward to 2 days ago)

I was in the costa drinking my cafe latte- planning out my 'trip' when i received a call from Kris- who's currently in London for a business trip.

Me: Hello
Kris: Anna, baby. Where are you?
Me: I'm in Costa
Kris: Alone?
Me: No~ Micheal and Phils is outside. Why?
Kris: That's good then. Anyways, i forgot to tell you that i'm arriving in around half 3- so can you pick me up?
Me: You are lucky I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter