Final

Sundays Over Coffee

It had been almost a week Chanyeol waited everyday in the café, going back and forth day and night- in hope to meet Hanna. In hope that he could encounter her if she ever decided to come here on other days besides Sunday. Looking back at it now, Chanyeol almost laughed at himself, sarcastically of course. 

How did, one rainy Sunday changed everything in his life…

Maybe that’s just it. One day can change the paths that you chose in your life. One day may change the decisions that you have made. In fact, it is not just one day. It’s one second. One particular second could change everything; it may change your perspective, your opinions and your life. One second could bring forth an infinite of lifetime’s happiness to one person…  Though it could also bring forth the opposite. It work both ways. 

Baekhyun had been bothering him with all type of questions, it was not that he was intentionally annoying his friend. He was just concern of him. For years of a never-ending, long-lasting friendship they had built together, never had ever Baekhyun seen his best friend act so disturbed because of a girl before. Yes, both of them had a fair-share of high school loves but that was it. It was not even a crush it was just an act out of curiosity. To experience how being flirty and loving really is. 

But it finally happened. His best friend had fall head over heels for a girl that literally ran away from him. Literally. Without any words or a reply. 

If it were to him, he’d yell at the girl for being utterly dumb to reject his best friend. However neither did she reject nor accept Chanyeol. 
“You know you have to stop this” Baekhyun commented as he came in. Chanyeol’s apartment was a mess. Chinese take-outs and pizza boxes were left on the coffee table. His laundries were left in the basket- nearly full. Used plates and dirty mugs were stacked inside the sink unwashed and the owner of the apartment were sprawled on the floor with a smelly blanket comforting him. 

“I have absolutely no purpose to live…” He answered half-heartedly and turned his back to his friend.

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun kicked Chanyeol’s leg. “Dude if you love her that much then get yourself together and go meet her! Sprawling inside your apartment with absolutely no ventilation and oxygen around wouldn’t help you to be anywhere near her!” Baekhyun yelled out of frustration. 

He heaved a sigh and squad down beside his friend. Chanyeol turned around and looked at him, shocked at his sudden outrage. 

“You know, we’ve been friends for a long time and really, we treat each other like brothers…” Baekhyun muttered silently. “…this is the first time you’re acting this way and I don’t like it one bit. I hate you and I hate your annoyance but there’s one thing that I can’t deny… You’re brave Chanyeol. So use that talent of yours and grow some balls to knock her door” 

After Baekhyun knocked some sense inside his best friend’s head, Chanyeol finally drove himself to her apartment building. Without even knowing which one is her house. 

As he arrived at the lobby, without wasting any more time, Chanyeol pressed the elevator’s button on the wall and went inside. He pressed the top floor button and planned to search for her shoes in front of every door in this building.

Maybe it was all written. Maybe it was bound to happen anyway. 

Because before the elevator reached the 15th floor, it stopped on the 10th. The moment the elevator’s door opened, Chanyeol found himself speechless at the sight of Hanna with a basket of cookies in front of him. They stood there, unable to move, incapable to mutter any word. 
Before the elevator’s door automatically closed, Chanyeol had withstand it with his arm and went outside. 

They were standing in front of the elevator’s door closer now that Chanyeol had reduced the gap between them. Hanna lifted her head and looked at him as he looked at her. 

Their hearts accelerated when their eyes met. It was as though the engine inside them stirred up and decided to spontaneously drive themselves into the pit of unconsciousness. Hanna had goose bumps and her stomach churned uncomfortably. Was it adrenaline? Was it butterflies? Is he feeling the same way? These questions runs in her mind wildly.

Chanyeol took a deep breath and closed their gap. Before she got to say any word, he whispered softly against her plump lips. “Whatever it is that you’re fighting, let me fight it for you” 

And that changed everything. She needed him. It was a silent vow; that she could trust him. She smiled softly as he came closer.
He sealed her lips with a kiss. A passionate one in which both of them would highlight in their life. It was pure but it was needy, like they longed for each other’s taste for the whole time. His right hand was caressing her cheeks while his left was on her waist, hugging her tightly. Hanna stood there in his warmth, replying to his kiss with both her hands on his chest. 

“I think… I think I love you Chanyeol” she whispered as they broke the kiss. 

“Enough thinking… I love you Hanna” he said with a soft smile. 

On that special Sunday, they spent it having conversations and confessions over coffee and take-outs Chanyeol bought.

“So you have depression…?” He said, taking a bite of the chicken sandwich. Hanna nodded as a reply and laid her head on his lap. Chanyeol smiled at this and put the sandwich on the table beside him. 

He brought his hand to her head and caressed her forehead. “Why? How did it start?”

“I was fifteen” Hanna started. She closed her eyes and reminisced back to that night again. 

 “It started when a stupid facebook status that I posted turned to a viral war. I thought it would end if I deactivate my account but I was wrong. I mean, isn’t cyberspace instantly forever? I went to school the next day and that was it… people started bullying me. When my parent found out, we went to meet the principal…” She stopped and took a deep breath. 

Chanyeol played with her baby hairs and said her name, “Hanna, if you don’t want to…”

She continued before Chanyeol could end his sentence. “It was raining heavily. We got into an accident with another car and I passed out for a week. When I woke up, my parents are gone and so is my life. It was difficult to go out. Especially when my friends turned their back on me… Especially when people recognize me...” 

Chanyeol looked at her as she opened her eyes. There were tears in them and it fell as she blinked. 

“I started blaming myself. If I didn’t post that status, maybe it wouldn’t happen. If I prevent them from knowing… If I could just be braver to go through those bullies myself… If I had assured them that I was fine… Maybe we wouldn’t have went out. Maybe they wouldn’t have died” she said as she sat and turned around to face him.

“Is that why you read? Because you could bring yourself to another world and forget reality?” He asked as he took her hand in his. 

Hanna nodded and looked down. “I’m a horrible person”

“Stop” Chanyeol said. He brought his hand to her chin and made her looked up. 

“You’re not Hanna. In fact, you’re the exact opposite of horrible. Don’t blame yourself. It was bound to happen anyway, death is not something human could get away from. Death is an obligation. Death is a part of life” he said and hugged her tightly. 

With his mouth near her ear, Chanyeol whispered softly, “I’m sorry I wasn’t there with you. I’m sorry it happened. But I’m here now… and I’ll be here forever”

It was magical. To simply spent hours of time with someone that you love and finally know them. Their fears, their demons, their frights. Because after all, problems are what make us mundane. It make us mortal. 

 



  Okay so i'm done with this story. Yeay. 

  Anyway, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you to everyone that helped me throughout writing this fic. 

  And I'd like to apologize for the inconvenient and dragging time that you had to wait, I'm a senior in highschool, I bet you understand the annoying pain lol 

  Also, I apologize for any grammatical errors or any error at that, I'm still learning. Again, thank you so much. And if you love it enough, please do upvote and don't be a silent reader. Comment if you like and subscribe, or add me as a friend. I will definitely be your secret internet friend xD Much love.