Chapter 6: Pairing Up

Number 1

Mark’s POV:

“1st place?” someone talking. When I turn my head to where the sound came from all I see are a person with a dozen of book on her hands. I can say it’s ‘her’ because of her ponytail hair. Still in the P.E uniform, she looks at the list above with straight face.

“Hey you!” I said to her.

She didn’t react like I imagine, but just look at me with that straight face.

“congratulation for your 1st rank. I just can’t believe that someone finally can beat me. But still I didn’t like you. You easily took my sprint record, and now 1st rank in all classes. But still, next time I’ll be the one in 1st place next exam. So be careful ok! ” I nonstop talk to her with force smile at my face. But then that straight face appears again.

“oh, thanks” she said with that monotone voice.

Whoa, does she just want a fight with me?

“did you just say a war declaration?” still trying to smile.

“…” she didn’t react at all. She just stares at me with that ing straight face.

“don’t just stare at me. I really hate that straight face!” I said and leave her.

 

>>TO MULTIMEDIA’S ROOM>>

We the A’s class went to multimedia room now to have history lesson. On the way, we talking each other like a normal student. Some of my classmate still questioning the reason of I’m in 2nd place. I just don’t know, and reply that maybe I make a mistake.

We arrive at multimedia’s room. And when we open the door there is the F’s class inside. I just stay silent because I don’t have any problem with them, but all my classmate seem didn’t like it, of course the F’s class too. I can see by their looking at ours. Mrs. Jung our historical teacher pleased us come inside and say that she has an announcement for us. We take a different seat beside F’s class like there is a wall between our classes.

Mrs. Jung: ok, everyone is here? Now I have some important assignment for you all. But you have to do it with your friend or I can say it’s a pair up.

The other starts to talk with who they will be. And most of my classmate especially the girl likes to choose me to their group.

Mrs. Jung: silent please! Listen, the pair will have 2 people which are from different class.

Some of student start raises their hand

A’s class student: what’s that mean Mrs. Jung?

Mrs. Jung: its mean 1 person from A’s and 1 from F’s. understand?

A’s class student: what? But Mrs. Jung we don’t want to pair up with that F’s class.

F’s class student: yah, we also didn’t want it!

Mrs. Jung: ENOUGH! If you all didn’t want it, the I just give you all C in your score.

Then they stopping and continue what Mrs. Jung said or else they have a bad score.

Mrs. Jung: I’ll decide the pair up randomly. You all just need to take a paper inside this box. The paper has a number, and then finds your pair by the same number of on that paper. Left side for F’s class and right side for A’s class.

We all started to take the paper from the box. I open the paper and see that I have no. 26.

 

Mrs. Jung: why the left side still one paper? Is there anyone who didn’t take the paper?

All F’s class said that they already have one and some of them already find their pairing. When Mrs. Jung still confuses herself, suddenly the door opened.

“sorry I late again ma’am” someone talk.

Mrs. Jung: YAH NEW STUDENT!! WHY YOU LATE AGAIN THIS TIME? AND WHAT’S WITH YOUR UNIFORM?

By heard the yelled from Mrs. Jung all of the students look at her.

SaeRyung: someone tear it.

Mrs. Jung: nonsense! it’s the 2nd time you late in my class new student. If you late again you will not be able to take in my class again.

SaeRyung: yes ma’am.

Mrs. Jung: now take this paper and find your pair up.

The new student just bow at her while takes the last paper in the box. While the other tried find their pairing, I hear someone says the number that same as me.

“26?”

I went to the voice and say “I’m 26-” but I can’t finish my word and stone at the same time.

“Why you again?”

 

SaeRyung’s POV:

“why you again?” he said.

“have we met before?” I ask him.

“that’s only some hours before and now you already forget me?” he says with ‘are you kidding  me’ look.

“my memory is really bad” I answer him.

“whatever” he said and left me behind.

Mrs. Jung: ok all sit down please and listen. Now for your assignment is to write a short story about any kind of history. For example history of a country, building, historical figure or anything else. Hand me your assignment next week. Understand?

All: yes ma’am.

Mrs. Jung: you can finish it at home, but remember to work in pair. I have something to do right now, so I’ll leave it to each class president. Class dismissed.

Mrs. Jung went out the class so quick. And then I’m here to thinking what should I write. I saw the guy that pairing with me just went out the class too.

“where are you going?” I ask.

“library” he answers.

“for what?”

“are you stupid? Of course to see some review”

“you can’t find that in this school library”

“why can’t?

“the history book in there didn’t really help you. And now if you go there you’ll find nothing because the other will borrow many history books before you”

“you’ll never know if you don’t try it” he reply then went off. He didn’t listen to me, so whatever. I just went sit down and write some history book that I already know.