Chapter 2

Only One

Sehun didn’t show up on class the next day, or the next day, or the next day after. Tao kept calling him but he didn’t pick up his phone too. Tao was getting frustrated, so he did the only thing he can do. He went to Sehun’s house. He went there around seven at night. He searched for the doorbell but there was none, then he opted to knocked but seems like no one was there. He waited half an hour in front of the door. He hated waiting the most, so he didn’t know why he even doing it. He went to his car after that and chose to stay there till Sehun show up. Sehun show up an hour and half later. Walking tiredly, with the jacket hood covering his head and both hands in the pockets. Tao waited till Sehun was in the house, before he was out of his car and knocked again.

“Tao? What are you doing here?”

“Well, I have been waiting you for about two hours and you don’t even have the decency to let me in?”

“You can’t.”

“Why?”

“Because you can’t be in a place like this. Go home, Tao. I’m tired.”

“No, you have to let me in, because waiting for you is tiring too.” Tao succeed on opening the door wider and step on the house.

To say that Tao was surprised is an understatement. He was beyond than that. Sehun’s house was not bigger than his living room. The kitchen, bed, table, chair, everything was in the same place. There are just two walks away from each thing. Suddenly Tao believed that the one house that poor girl have on Secret Garden drama is real. He always thought that it was just the producer exaggerated about how poor the girl was, but when he saw Sehun’s house, he didn’t have the choice but to believe that such a place so-called house is existed. He cleared his throat and looked at Sehun.

“The door is open. You can go out anytime.”

“I’m sorry for.. trespassing?”

“Forgiven. Now go.”

“No. I’m coming to your house, so you have to at least give me some drink.”

“I only have cola.” Sehun closed the door.

“Okay for me. Can I sit on the bed?”

“Yeah. You can sit everywhere in here. But the bed is the most comfortable one for your of course. Here.”

“Thanks.”

“Now, how can you know where I live?”

“Umm.. Let’s say that I have my own way. Now, where are you going for these three days. You didn’t show up at class or at my house. ”

“You missed me?” Sehun grinned.

“Well, you used to attached yourself around me so it just a little bit weird to not seeing you.”

“Good excuse. Just get used to this. I won’t cling to you anymore.”

“What? Why?”

“Well, as you see. I’m busy. And you did see this room I called house, so you have no reason to be around a poor like me.”

“But actually, you don’t look—”

“Poor. Yes, I know because I know how to dress up and not embarrassing myself in public. And for these days, I didn’t attend class because I have works to do. I have to pay for the school and I have to work to gain money.”

“Why don’t you tell me?”

“Why do I have to tell you? It’s my own problem. You are only my friend.”

“It hurts.”

“What hurts?”

“Being only friend.”

“Well, isn’t that what we are?”

“Will you let me help if I’m more than your friend?”

“If you are my father than I won’t even wait till you ask me to, I’ll force you to pay for my school, but you are not.”

“Then be my boyfriend.”

“What?”

“Be my boyfriend.”

“You really out of your mind, huh? Do I look that pitiful to you?”

“No. I really want to help.”

“Help me by not pitying me and let me take care of myself will do.”

“You don’t want to be my boyfriend?”

“You are the one who don’t.”

“I’m the one ask you, of course I do want to.”

“But you only ask me because I reject your offer and you only find a way to help me. Why are you like this though? You weren’t like this before. The you I know will throw out a party if you know I won’t be clinging on you anymore.”

“Well, the me you know change after that old Minseok opened up my mind. Besides, I’m getting used to have you around my house, around me, so these past three days felt so lonely for me.” Tao said sincere.

“Oh, you are saying that you not only pitying me but getting used to have me around, so you want me to be your boyfriend? Get out!” Sehun grabbed Tao’s arm, but Tao pushed him back and trapped him in the chair.

Sehun’s eyes widened because he never know this side of Tao. He didn’t know that Tao was this strong and had this aura.

“I like you. And I’m being serious here. I know you like me too, so don’t push me away.” Tao lower himself and sit on the floor. His hands resting on Sehun’s knees and he put his chin above his hands. “I like you, but I never admitted it. I didn’t want this feeling, because I never been with a guy before, but I really like you. I’m afraid of everything. I’m afraid of what people would say if they find out. I even afraid if I was the only one with the feeling and you only want to be my friend. That’s why I pushed you away and didn’t completely push you away at the same time. But that night, when we were in China. I talked to Minseok hyung. He told me to be honest with myself, so I tried to do it. And when I did, I felt like I should do it from a long time ago. I really like it when I can hold you like this.” Tao held Sehun’s hands and kissed it. “I really like to talk with you and having you around. Not because I used to, part of it yes, but the bigger part of it is because I want you to.”

“But I’m poor.”

“And I’m rich. No problem.”

“But I am no one, Tao. You could find someone better. A better girl perhaps.”

“I want you. And I want us together. It’s hard for me but I will come to it at the end. I believe there will be a time when I have the courage to hold your hands or kiss you in front of people. Give me some time to prove it.”

“What if at that time, you realize that I’m not the one you want?”

“I don’t know what will happen in the future, but I really want to give it a try. Please, be my boyfriend. Stay with me.”

“But you don’t pay for my school.”

“Agreed. Hun ah.. Come here. I have something more to say.” Sehun bent down from his chair and Tao cupped his cheeks and Tao kissed him on the lips.

“You!” Sehun straightened back his body, leaning on the chair.

“I really want to do it since long ago. Is it okay?”

“No. Give me more. I was too shocked to feel it.”

Tao laughed, he pulled Sehun from the chair to his laps and they kissed again for the second time. And Sehun internally thinking. Ah.. So this is what kissing feels like.

 

 

It’s been three months since they become boyfriends and there was not even a dull day for Sehun. He worked part-time at a bookstore and he treated Tao to eat when he got his first paycheck. Tao got camera for Sehun’s birthday because Sehun has interest in taking photos, and Sehun bought Tao a feather coat the next month on Tao’s birthday.

At first, they only cuddle up, kissed, or hold hands in Tao or Sehun’s house. Tao finally grew a liking for Sehun’s house because the house is really small. He can always see Sehun everywhere he goes. But Sehun disliked it for the same, but different reason. He was so happy to see Tao’s on each step he took, but it’s distracting him. He can’t help but stopping and glancing on Tao and forget what he had to do. Every time he turned his head and saw Tao, he just wanted to throw himself on him and kiss him. So, it’s not a good option to spend time with Tao at his house.

Day passed and Tao was getting braver each day. There was one day when they went to the amusement park. They ride the ferries-wheel and he kissed Sehun when they were on the top of it. And even after they took off, Tao never let go of Sehun’s hand. There was this time when Sehun found out that his university tuition is paid and he found Tao in his class. Tao knew what he was going to say, so he just hugged him and kiss his cheek.

“That’s a good enough for a thank you.” Tao said and walked out of the room.

Sehun was left speechless and all of the people in the class looked at him. He was sure his face was beet red and he run out to the garden and sit alone behind the tree where no one can see him. He really was mad with Tao but his heart was thumping really loudly and he just feeling dizzy all of sudden. It’s not like Tao never kiss him, they did, a lot in fact. And that was just a peck, on the cheek. But why did he feel so happy?

“Are you mad? I don’t know how to tell you about that. I don’t like when you left me to go to work everyday and looking more and more like a walking zombie. You can keep your work at the bookstore but please don’t do any other night shift job.”

“I hate you!”

“Sorry.” Tao grinned, looked at Sehun and his expression changed in a second. “Hun ah.. A—Are you crying? I’m sorry. I thought you wouldn’t mind it.”

“I don’t.”

“Then why are you crying?”

“Because.. You kiss me! You never kiss me in front of people!”

“Well, I did just now. I told you I’ll do it one day.”

“I don’t know you idiot. Hug me. Now!”

“So demanding, huh?” but Tao leaned himself on the tree, wrapping his arms on Sehun, kissing Sehun’s head and let him cried in his chest.

“Thank you.”

“Hm?”

“Thank you for everything.”

“Anything for you.”

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Yeah.”

“Is it okay if I do it again sometimes? I mean.. Kissing you in public.”

“We are not kissing. You are the one who kiss me. On the cheek!”

“Why do you sounds upset? You want me to kiss you elsewhere?” Sehun blushed.

“Of course you idiot. I’ve been waiting for it actually. I just never thought it will be this soon.” Sehun stared at Tao’s eyes. “You know what? It’s not like I don’t have any ex, but I never wanted to kiss someone so badly like this before.”

“You have an ex but you guys never kissed?”

“We did. But it’s different.”

“What’s the different?”

“I’ll tell you next time.”

Sehun giggled and run away, but Tao was too quick. He pulled Sehun back, Sehun sit between his legs, leaned on him, head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around Sehun.

“Tell me now or I won’t let you go.”

“Even when you have to pee?”

“Yes.” both of them chuckled of how silly it sounds.

“Because..” Sehun looked up and he was drowning in the deepest sea called Tao’s eyes. “Because I don’t like them as much as I like you. I never like someone like this before.”

Sehun looked at Tao, touching Tao’s cheeks with his fingers. He leaned in and touched his lips to Tao. Sehun closed his eyes and moved his lips. He let his desire won and just kept on kissing Tao. The kiss which Sehun never give to any other person before. The kiss only for Tao.

“You sure about that?”

“Three hundred twenty six percent sure.”

“Silly.” Tao kissed Sehun’s forehead. “I think I’m going to fall for you if you keep being like this.”

Sehun’s chest swelled up after hearing that. You are cracking my wall. You are different. I’m.. Allowed to hope, right? Sehun was in full bliss. That time, he forgot about the threat that girl at the airport made. The same girl who was watching him and Tao kissing now.