Chapter 3

Only One

Tao and Sehun had a better relationship after. They did sleepover sometimes. A couple of time in Sehun’s house, but mostly in Tao’s since it’s more comfortable. Tao still worked as a model and Sehun still worked at the bookstore, but both of them make sure to made time to meet up every day. They never asked each other about family. Both of them still didn’t dare. Besides, they were still in the like phase, not the love, or so both of them thought.

They introduced their friends, or more exact, Tao’s friends, since Sehun claimed that he doesn’t really have friends. Tao introduced him to Jongdae, since Jongdae is the only one in Seoul. And they have meet up when Minseok and Luhan or Yixing came to Seoul. When Minseok knew about Sehun and Tao, he can’t help but hug Tao for his braveness. And he, of course, made sure to tell Tao that he got his back.

 

 

Tao was going to leave his agency building when he opted to call Sehun. He hadn’t contact Sehun yet for that day because he had a little meeting for his new CF. He sit on his car, opened up his phone and there was a message from an unknown number. He got weird messages since three days ago. But this anonymous person didn’t make any sense. First, he or she told Tao, Sehun is not like what you think. Second, you don’t know Sehun at all. Leave him! And third, or yesterday, you don’t deserve someone like Sehun.

Tao ignored it at first, because he thought it was his fans, disliking the fact that he was dating Sehun. But today the message was not a text. It’s a picture. A picture of Sehun. Walking, laughing with a guy. The guy had his hand wrapped in Sehun’s shoulder. And Tao knew that guy. Park Chanyeol. The other model in the same entertainment company Tao was in. He knew Park Chanyeol, they talked for a few times when they had a projects together. Tao called him hyung, but they were not closed. Sehun and Chanyeol looked happy in that picture and Tao was upset. He dialed Sehun’s number and Sehun picked up on the fourth ring.

“Where are you?”

“In the bookstore. Why? Did something happen?”

“You don’t lie to me, right?”

“Why would I lie to you? I’m a little busy now, the customers are lining up to pay. Meet you up later, okay?”

“Hun..” Sehun hung up.

Tao grunted and he was going to call Sehun again when he got a notification in LINE. Sehun sent him a photo of the lining customer in a bookstore with a little message. Proof shot! Next time you doubt me, I’ll ruin your Gucci! Tao chuckled. But he still didn’t believe it, not until he saw the model walked out of his car with a little petite guy hand in hand. That put Tao’s heart a little bit in rest because he knew that Sehun didn’t lie and he wasn’t with Chanyeol.

 

Tao didn’t ask about Park Chanyeol to Sehun. But he made sure to said Park Chanyeol’s name on their conversation that night at least three times. Sehun was a little bit startled every time the name came out, but he never said anything about it and that made Tao frustrated.

 “Hun..”

“Yeah?”

“Who is Park Chanyeol to you?”

“What do you mean?”

“You know him, right?”

“I—”

“Don’t lie to me!”

Tao was grabbing Sehun’s wrist tightly and Sehun thought he never knew this side of Tao. He was afraid of Tao right now.

“He.. He was my ex. But I have nothing to do with him anymore. Don’t look at me like that. You—You scared me.” Sehun looked at his knees.

“I’m sorry.” Tao pull Sehun to his lap and hugged him. “I’m sorry.”

“What are you sorry for? Did you think I cheat?”

“Sorry.”

“What make you think like that? I never cheat! And I’m not going to cheat on you. It won’t happen, you idiot. You scared me for nothing!” Sehun fisted Tao’s chest.

“I’m sorry. I really am.”

“Tell me honestly, what made you think that way?” Sehun had Tao’s face on his hands.

“Someone sent me a photo of you and Chanyeol.”

“Who?”

“I don’t know.”

“Show it to me.” Tao took out his phone and showed it to Sehun.

“Stupid you.”

“What?”

“Look at my hairstyle. It’s different from what I have now.”

“I didn’t realize it. I was so angry I couldn’t even think properly.”  Tao frowned, he cupped Sehun’s face and gave him a peck. “Let’s forget it” another peck. “And I have questions on my head. Will you answer it?”

“If you ask nicely, I will.”

“Okay. A kiss after an answer.” Tao kissed him again.

“Deal.”

“How do you know Chanyeol?”

“I don’t really remember. We just meet. It’s more than a year ago.”

“You sure?”

“Yes. I always forget my ex after we broke up. Where is my kiss?” Tao kissed him.

“How many exes do you have?”

“Um.. Two? Three? Four? I don’t remember. I told you I always forget them. I never had a serious relationship before actually.”

“So you never feel broken heart?”

“Of Chanyeol, yes, but no for others.”

“Playboy.” Tao teased.

“Nah.. I’m just too handsome to resist.”

“I’ll make you retired from your playboy status.”

“We’ll see. It’s not like we will end up living together forever though.”

“What? You don’t want it?”

“It’s not that I don’t want it, but I never think about it. You’ll be the one to break up with me anyway. I will not be the one to end this.”

“Why are you so sure?”

“Because we will only breakup when you don’t want me anymore.”

“Why don’t we breakup when you are the one who don’t want me anymore?”

“Let’s say.. I’m used to getting dump?” Sehun shrugged.

“Chanyeol dumped you? Why?”

“I don’t know.” or maybe I know too well, but I really can’t tell.

“His lost then.” Tao kept quiet for a moment and looked at Sehun’s expression. “Why are you sound okay with being dumped? I won’t dump you. Even when we don’t make it till the last and we have to break up, I want us to breakup in agreement. I won’t dump you like they did.”

“I really hope so. How many kiss did I miss anyway?”

“Say your number and I’ll did it.” Tao grinned.

“Twenty.”

“I don’t think I asked that much questions!”

“You told me to say number!”

“Fine.” Tao kissed Sehun’s forehead. “I’ll give you all the kisses you want only because I love you.”

Love. Is this it? Love? Sehun was not kidding. He wasn’t kidding when he said that they will only breakup when Tao doesn’t want him anymore. He knew Tao will come to that phase though. But he wants to enjoy this longer. Much much longer. Because somehow, being with Tao is different. Because Sehun didn’t treat Tao like his exes. Because perhaps, you finally break my wall.

 

 

It was a week later when Tao got another text message from a different unknown number. Meet me in J café at 2pm if you want to know about Sehun. Tao tried to call the number, but the person didn’t pick up, so he texted back instead, asking who that person is and he got a name. Ricky Choi.

He came to the said café fifteen minutes late. There was a man sitting alone in the corner and kept glancing around the café like he was searching or more accurately, waiting for someone. He walked to the said man slowly.

“Excuse me, are you perhaps Ricky Choi?”

“Oh, yes. It’s me. Who are you?”

“Well, I got your message to meet up here, although I don’t even know you. I’m Tao.” Tao sit in front of that man.

“Oh really? I’m sorry, but I think you mistaken me from someone else. I don’t know you, how can I text you?”

“That’s what I want to know. Here.” Tao showed him the message.

“Oh, Sehun? Ah.. I think someone set this up.” that man smirked. “You know, I got a message from that same number to, said that he was Sehun and he want to meet me. I found it weird because Sehun make it clear that we can’t meet each other up after the contract ends.”

“What contract?”

“That.. Wait. Who are you?”

“I told you my name is Tao.”

“Yes, I heard you before. But I mean, what is your relationship with Se—Ah.. I get it. You are his new boy, right? Right?” he chuckled. “I should realize it sooner.” he smiled.

“Can you tell me what are you referring to, because I really don’t get anything you said. What contract?”

“How long did you know Sehun?”

“Almost five months. We had a same class last semester.”

“You dated him for five months already?”

“No, we only dated for three something months.”

“Wow, how can you keep up? He really drained me the time when we dated.”

“Drained what?”

“Money of course. He is a gold-digger.”

“Pardon?”

“Well, seems like you don’t know yet. Let me tell you.” he put his hands on the table and leaned closer to Tao. “Sehun, might look innocent, but he is too far from that. We met in the second semester. He was the most beautiful thing in my class. I never talked to him actually, but one day we had this assignment and I saw him smiled at me. I bet you fall for his charm too. Long story short, I kind of fall for him, but he made it clear for me that he can’t have a serious relationship, but we can date. Just like a rent, he will be my rented boyfriend. I had to sign a contract for our two months relationship. There are conditions on this contract, like how much money I should give him a week and else. And there is this condition which said that we can’t ever meet again in the future. That’s why I thought it was weird for him to come and ask me to meet up. But who am I to decline Oh Sehun. He is really the best thing you could ever have. He agreed on everything I said. He only allowed kissing on his contract. But because, you know. Every man would want to jump to his pants every time they see Sehun. And yeah, being like that kind of men, I always ended up give him more money for every session we had. That didn’t count when he put up aegyo and told me to buy him things. I really lost a lot of money in those two months. But it’s really worth it when the nights come, if you know what I mean.” he leaned back on the chair and wriggled his eyebrows.

“How can I know you didn’t lie to me?”

“Well, I think I still have the contract somehow in my house, or I don’t?” he mumbled to himself. “Actually I don’t remember if I still have it or not. But you know, I’m not the only one. There are some other men before me. And I know the man that he went out with after me. I think he was the last before Sehun met you. I can give you his contact if you want to meet him.”

“You both can trick me since you know each other!”

“I told you I can give you his contact. I didn’t say about us knowing each other. I will ask his contact from the friend I know.” he typed something on his phone. “And you can ask him to bring you the contract.”

Tao was sweating. He was more than shocked. All of this news came to him and he really didn’t know what to think. He was angry, frustrated, disappointed.

“Anyway.. You must be really a good catch for Sehun huh since he hasn’t given you the contract yet. Maybe he thinks he could use you for the rest of his life.”

And Tao remember Sehun’s words. You’ll be the one to break up with me anyway. I will not be the one to end this. Was Sehun meant it this way? Tao wanted to trust Sehun, but he really didn’t know how to.

“Here. My friend sent me that man’s number. Lee Junji. A smart richie. He graduated last year, so you can’t find him on campus anymore.” he pulled out a pen from his pocket and wrote the number on the napkin. “I have to leave now. Sorry for ruining your happy-ending fantasy with Sehun. But trust me, he’ll start to ask for your money soon. He always looked like a innocent puppy at first, made you think he had something for you, but well.. You know the truth now. Good luck, Tao-ssi. I’m going first.” he smiled and left the dumbfounded Tao sitting alone.

Not wasting more time, Tao immediately sent a text message to that number and ask for a meet up at night. Sehun called him but he didn’t pick up the call. Sehun sent him message and he didn’t even open it. He can’t face Sehun now. He had to meet this Lee Junji first. Importantly, he had to know the truth first.

 

Tao’s world was crumbling in front of him. Hearing the same thing from same thing from other person’s mouth really really left him speechless. The truth was too hurtful for him. Just by a day, he didn’t think he know Sehun anymore. He didn’t think if he really knew Sehun to begin with.

He drove back to his house and drank the first alcohol he saw. His mind was too clouded. He felt disgusted towards Sehun. And the thing he hated the most was how stupid he is to actually for fall Sehun’s trap. Sehun gave him clues that he was not what Tao thought, but he never got it. He felt so stupid that after he chose to open up his heart about all this gay things, he only ended up with the biggest wound he had ever had.

After his second glass, Sehun came barging to his house. He shouted Tao’s name many times but Tao didn’t reply until Sehun was standing right in front of him. His hair was messy from the wind, his cheeks were a bit rosy and he was panting a little. If that was the usual occasion, Tao will comb his hair with his fingers. Hugging him and telling him to sit down and kiss him by saying that he was giving him oxygen to breath.

But tonight, Tao can’t do it. He didn’t know how to it anymore. He watched as Sehun frown his eyebrows and catching his breath.

“Why are you drinking suddenly?”

“Nothing. Why are you here?”

“Oh! I really need your help.”

“What help?”

“I need to.. Borrow a kind of big amount of money. I have an emergency situation right now. I will pay you back I swear.”

“What emergency? You look fine.”

“I will tell you all of it later I promise. But can you borrow me first? This is really urgent.” Sehun panicked.

“What are more urgent than having your time with me?” Tao smiled and walked toward Sehun.

Tao was drunk. He wrapped his arms around Sehun’s waist and smacked him against the wall. Tao kissed him fiercely. He went lower to kiss his jaw, his neck, his collarbone. This action made Sehun shiver and let out a little whimper.

“Do you like it? I really want to know how pro you are in this kind of thing.” he smirked and let his hand wonder under Sehun’s shirt.

“T—Tao.. What are you doing? Don’t do this.” Sehun tried to push him, but Tao was stronger.

“Why? I could pay you more for this if you want. Just tell me the number.” Tao slipped one of his hands onto Sehun’s pants and grabbed his .

“Stop this please.” Sehun started to cry, he was scared.

“Why are you crying? Did you cry every time those men did you? Why are you doing this to me?” Tao shouted.

He walked away to his room and walked out with a brown envelope with stacks of money on it. He threw the money to Sehun angrily.

“That is what you want right? You only want money right? I thought we had something. But they were right. I don’t know you at all! And know after I did, I don’t think I want to know you anymore! Did you happy selling your body liked that? And I’m so ing clueless to know that I dated a like you!”

“Stop!” Sehun shouted while crying. “I don’t need more insults from you or from anyone else. Thank you for the money, I’ll pay you back in the future no matter what.” he walked out of the house, before he stepped out of the door he turned back and looked at Tao with his face full of tears. “I thought you were different. But I forget that people are all the same. You may judge me all the way you want Tao, but you know nothing about me. You can tell all of the people in this world about who I am, what I did. But you, will never know who I am actually. Because what? You are just the same.”

That was the last thing he heard from Sehun. He threw his glass to the wall and just ruined the table. Pieces of glass shattering everywhere. He leaned to the wall and fell down. Tears were unconsciously rolled out of his eyes. One of the broken glasses pierced through his hand, made it bleed. But he felt nothing of it.

His heart was hurt too much to feel another pain. He hated Sehun for everything. He hated Sehun for doing that kind of things for money. He hated Sehun because he had to listen about the truth from someone else’s mouth. He hated Sehun for making him think that he loves him. He even hated Sehun because he looked so vulnerable when he walked out of his house. But he hates Sehun even more for making him like this.

He took out his phone from his pocket with his unwounded hand and dialed his brother. This was the only thing he could do to ever forget about this. He will go away permanently and leaving all of these pains behind.

“Xiao Ming ge.. I’ll be back to China.. For good..”

 

 

“Hyung..” Sehun held that patient hand, crying. “Please live for me.. I have no one but you.. Suho hyung you have to live..”

 

 

 


 

long chapter~~ fiuh~~

hope you guys like it..

please do upvote, subscribe and comment.. ^^

till the next chapter~~

 

XOXO,

-pompom-