Chapter 1

Only One

If  Minseok didn’t know Tao so well, he would believe that Sehun help him from bullies and Tao felt thankful and let Sehun cling on him. Why? Because one, no one in their right mind will dare to bully him. Two, Tao is a wushu champion and he will kick the of everyone who dared to bully him. And third, Tao is the clingy one and he only let his treasured people cling on him. So, to make it simply, Sehun is not just a no one for Tao.

 

“You like him, don’t you?”

“I don’t know. It just, I find it easy to talk to him and I like it when he is around, but.. Hyung, do you ever feel insecure about you and Luhan?”

“I used to feel it all of the time. But Luhan prove me wrong, and you can see how we are right now.”

“But I don’t think I’m ready. I don’t think I’ll ever be ready.”

“Well, I can’t do anything if you yourself think it that way. For me, loving Luhan is the easiest thing to do. Knowing him love me just as much and letting myself to be his is the best thing in my life. It’s.. Indescribable. The time when I distant myself and not having him around is the hardest part. It’s like living in hell.” I look at him. “I don’t want you to regret it one day Taozi. If you like him, let him stay, make him worth everything you have. Being with Luhan, I learned something. People will always judge you no matter what. So, no need to do things as what they wish for. Live your own life. Don’t let that little insecurities chase away the thing you truly want because you won’t be happy. I can see hurt in his eyes just now. Don’t give him hopes if you don’t mean it at the first place.”

“I think. I’ll give it a try. It will do, right hyung?”

“Yes, it will.”

 

Tao was searching for Sehun on the crowd when Minseok pointed it to him. Sehun was talking with a reporter guy. In Tao’s eyes it wasn’t talking only because that guy offered Sehun a drink and touched his shoulder.

“I’ll be going first, hyung. It’s late already. Let’s meet again one day.” by then, Tao was already in front of Sehun, grabbing his wrist. “Sehun, we have to go. It’s pretty late already.”

“No. It’s just a little bit past ten.”

“Are you drunk?”

“Of course no!” Sehun hiccupped.

“Okay, you are. Let’s go!”

“You can’t force him, dude.”

“He came with me and he will go with me.” Tao sent a death glare to that man and he chickened out immediately.

Not wanting to have more attention and ruined someone’s party, Sehun quietly followed Tao out of the place. They went to their booked room in that resort. Sehun kept quiet all the way and just let Tao dragged him. Tao slammed the door closed once they were in. Sehun sat on the couch, and Tao gave him a glass of water.

“Drink this. What are you even doing getting drunk out there? He could just take advantage of you.”

“We don’t even know if he is gay or not.”

“But you are. And you are drunk.”

“Shut up Tao! You are not my mom. Don’t act like you care about me!”

“I do!”

“Enough, I’m going to sleep.” Sehun said, pull out his jacket and belt, then curl himself up on the bed.

Sighing, Tao clean himself on the bathroom and slip in the other side of the bed beside Sehun. It wasn’t that they never sleep together in a same bed, Sehun used to sleepover in Tao’s house and claim his side of bed and Tao just let him. And each of the sleepover night, Tao will wake up with no trace of Sehun, then they will meet up like nothing happened and Sehun will come again in the evening, or not, to play games or just watching dvd, and when Tao asked about why Sehun didn’t just watch it at home, Sehun will only shrugged and said that Tao’s TV was bigger and his couch was more comfortable. Tao will leave it just like that. Although Tao sometimes annoyed that Sehun always treated Tao’s house like his, Tao never said any word because he really got used to have Sehun around. There was one time when Sehun didn’t come for a week and Tao just couldn’t stay home at all. Two months and it’s enough time for Sehun to make himself comfortable with Tao’s house.

Tonight, tonight was different. This is the first time that Tao realize how innocent Sehun looks while he was sleeping. Sehun’s face was a bit red because he was drunk and even his breath smelled like alcohol somehow. Yes, Tao can smell his breath because he was just that close to Sehun’s face. Tao’s heart was thumping like crazy. It’s so funny for him because he never felt like this before, or he chose to ignore it before, he didn’t even know. He was retreating back and thought it will be better to sleep on the couch because he was sure he wouldn’t get any sleep if his heart’s throbbing like that, when Sehun grabbed his shirt tightly and frowned.

“Tao.. Don’t go.. Tao ya..”

“I’m not going anywhere. I’m here, I’m here.” Tao scooted closer and let Sehun leaned on his arm.

Like it wasn’t enough, the sleeping Sehun unconsciously move closer and sleep on Tao’s chest. Tao was trying so hard to breathed properly and stop his throbbing heart. Fortunately Sehun was drunk or he will hear it because his ear is exactly above it.

“What have you done to me? How can you make me like this?” Tao hugged him and caressed his head. “I do care you know? I care a lot about you. I just can’t say it out because this is new for me. I— I don’t know if you’ll remember this in the morning, but.. Please stay. Wait for me, okay?” he left a kiss on Sehun’s head.

For the first time since two months, he drifted to sleep in easiness without thinking about a certain boy, because the certain boy was there, right in his arms. But Tao never knew that Sehun has a high tolerance of alcohol and sober.

 

 

Tao woke up with a still sleeping Sehun in his arm. He blinked his eyes and looked at the pretty boy. Tao made a mental note to wake up first every time Sehun has a sleepover in the future.

“Good morning.” Sehun said, blinking his eyes a few times and Tao can’t help but coed over him internally.

“Good morning. I don’t know that you are clingy too when you sleep. My arm is numb right now.”

“What?” Sehun stood up. “I’m sorry. I’ll massage it later.”

“No need. We have flight tonight. Let’s go sight-seeing and shopping. And I’ll bring you to the best restaurant in here.”

“Okay.”

Tao was walking out from the bed to the bathroom when suddenly Sehun called his name.

“Yes?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For taking me here. For putting up with me. For.. Everything.”

“It’s nothing. Don’t bother it too much. I hope you are sober enough because we have so many things to do today.”

“You.. Don’t hate me anymore?”

“I never hate you.” Tao smiled.

That was the first time Tao really smiled for Sehun. For Sehun and only Sehun. Tao smiled because of him and Tao smiled for him. And Tao said he doesn’t hate Sehun. Sehun’s heart thumping loudly inside. He put a pillow in his face and screamed. But he didn’t know that the muffled scream was somehow heard by the occupant of the bathroom, and the said occupant can’t help but grinning widely and look forward to the unofficial date today.

 

They spent the rest of the day by eating, shopping, walking around. Basically what people do on date, besides, they were not holding hands or linking arms. Sehun took Tao’s hand and went in the elevator that morning after they prepared to go out, but once the elevator door was open and people were scattered in any part of the building, Tao tensed up. Sensing that, Sehun pull of his hand and just walking side by side with him. If Sehun was hurt, he didn’t show it out, because walking and talking comfortably like that with Tao was already beyond his imagination. And he should not do anything to ruin the moments.

The evening came and they were at the airport. They have class tomorrow, so they had no option but to take the night’s flight. They were waiting in line for the security check when a girl run towards them and talked with Tao in Mandarin. Sehun didn’t know what she said to him, but she called him Tao ge and all smiling to him, and of course, being Tao, he smiled back and looked so cute. Well, no one can blame Tao for his charm. With his tall figure, handsome face, and killing stare, he swept all of people’s attention. He is a model and there were his photo in many of the magazines in both South Korea and China. So, Sehun wasn’t surprise when he saw a girl or bunch of girls, hover over Tao. Somehow Sehun even think about why Tao put up with him when he dislike Sehun and have so many fangirls. But well, Tao did, and that’s what matter.

The girl skipped away when it was Tao turn to go in the security check. Suddenly the girl turned to Sehun and sent him a death glare. She walked to Sehun and stand too closely for Sehun’s liking.

“I know who you are Oh Sehun.” she spoke in Korean. “Leave Tao gege alone or I’ll tell him who you are.”

“What do you mean?”

“Sehun!” Tao shouted his name and realized that it was his turn, so he just left the girl like that.

When he done, Tao asked what the girl said to him and Sehun only shrugged his shoulder and said that he didn’t understand because she was speaking in Mandarin. Tao felt like Sehun was lying because the girl could barely speak Mandarin with him. But Tao let the matter go and didn’t ask Sehun again about it. Although something in him said that he will regret it if he didn’t ask.

The flight was rather quiet for both of them. Sehun chose to listen to music and sleep. And Tao focus on watching something on his phone. Sehun’s head was hanging and he jolted awake somehow. Tao gave him a smile and pull Sehun’s head to rest on his shoulder while he turned off his phone and rest his head on Sehun’s. Tao could definitely get used of this.

Once they were off, Tao’s car was ready at the parkland. His family’s driver sent the car and get off already. Tao asked Sehun to come to his house and stay the night.

“No, I think I have to go home. I’m so tired.”

“That’s why, you can stay at my home and we can go together to class tomorrow. You usually did it like that, right?”

“Yes, but I have to go to my home tonight, not yours. I’ll meet you tomorrow.”

“Fine. Come in. I’ll drive you.”

“I can used the taxi. You have to go home now. It’s pretty late. Goodnight.”

“Okay, if you say so.”

Tao waited till Sehun was in the taxi and drive off. Tao had this urgency to know what happened to Sehun, because since that girl talked to him, Sehun was becoming a little bit weird. He followed the taxi Sehun was in and they came up to a tiny road. The place that Tao never went before since his arrival in Seoul years ago. Tao didn’t even know that this place is existed. To say it shortly, it was the place for the poor. And something came to Tao’s head. He didn’t know anything about Sehun. His place of living, his friends, his family, nothing. The taxi stopped in a bigger street and Sehun walked out of it, struggling with his luggage. Tao kept his distance and he really want to help Sehun with his luggage but he had to hide. Tao went out from his own car and walk behind Sehun, still keeping some distance.

Sehun turned left and walked up a small stair. It’s really really small. Even the slim Sehun and his not-so-big luggage barely fit on it. Then Sehun pull out his key, open a door and went in. That’s when Tao realize that it was Sehun’s house. Nothing fancy from outside of that house. Tao really wanted to know how the inside of that door, because from outside, the place looked so small, but Tao didn’t pressed it anymore and opted to go home. It was hard for him to sleep that night. Why was Sehun being like that? He didn’t hide about his house right? Or he did?

 

 


 

Hi guys~~

I'm back with another taohun..

This is a sequel for my xiuhan, titled Not Alone , but you can read it separately in case you don't like xiuhan..

I know very well about what's happening in this fandom, but I'll try to finish this story no matter what the result, even if Tao finally choose to leave, although I really don't want it, because it's a nighmare for me..

But well, although I'm Minseok bias, I really really do like Tao, he's around my top biases, I'm unconsciously following his growth since I know EXO. I don't wanna make an excuse for him, but his injuries are pretty bad, so yeah.. Hope he'll be healthy soon and let's see what will happen next..

Sorry for rambling, I just think that I want to share some of my thoughts about this matter..

Enjoy the story guys, upvote and subscribe if you like it~~

And please do comment, I love comments!! :)

Till the next chapter~~

 

XOXO,

-pompom-