Four

On Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Special Appearance by: 
EXO Kai as Jongin (20)

Author's POV

Baekhyun tried contacting Jimin for the past few days but couldn't get through her phone. He's worried sick so he left quite a few messages and voicemails for Jimin asking her to return his call.

 

The next day, when Jongin was off helping Jimin with the discharging procedures, Jimin unintentionally overheard Jongin's conversation with the doctor when she's on the way back from the washroom. The doctor told Jongin that her condition has worsen a lot and if she still didn't want to go for operation as soon as possible, she might die after 1 month. But Jimin knew very well that if the operation went wrong, she will just die right away and not even have a month more to live. She might as well treasure the remaining days she had to live. Her heart sunk even though she knew this day will still come no matter what. She decided to avert her attention by switching on the phone that had just got fully charged to see if there's anyone finding her during these few days when she's not available. She was shocked to see 15 missed calls, 10 messages and 5 voicemails and all of them were from Baekhyun.

Most of the messages were Baekhyun saying how worried he is not being able to contact her and asking her to return back his call when she saw the messages. Jimin tried her best to held back her tears when she's reading the messages but finally broke down into tears when she heard Baekhyun's voice in the voicemail.

"I missed you a lot Baekyun oppa....If I already missed you this much when I didn't saw you for a few days, I think it would be worse when I can't see you any longer when I'm gone forever..." 

Jongin was shocked and heartache to find Jimin crying in so much pain when he came back to the room. He quietly walked behind Jimin and backhugged her while using one of his hand to rub the top of Jimin's hand in a soothing manner. Jimin's tears continued dropping onto Jongin's arm while Jongin tightened his hug a bit. He knew that it's best not to ask anything when Jimin is crying or else it will only made her cry even more.

 

Jimin saw Baekhyun loitering under her apartment block when Jongin and her just got home. She immediately turned around to run away before Baekhyun saw her. Jongin who witnessed that, catched up with her right away.

"Are you avoiding the boy who saw just now? Jimin ah, why are you avoiding him?" Jongin let go of his grip on Jimin's wrist when he heard Jimin sniffling.

"Jongin, I know very well that I only had 1 more month to live and if I do the operation, I might just die on spot and I don't want that. I just want to treasure the time that I'm left with. I'm in love with the boy that I'm avoiding just now. I r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter