Two

On Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Jimin just done handling two cups of latte to a customer when Baekhyun stand infront of the counter.

"Hi Jimin~ Do I perhaps have the honour to taste the coffee that is being make by you?" Baekhyun flashed a smile towards Jimin which she always find it to be charming yet cute at the same time.

"Of course you have, Baekhyun oppa and this coffee is a treat from me." Jimin playfully winked at Baekhyun which managed to make his heart speed up all of the sudden.

"Okay~ May I have Americano please?"

"Sure! Please take your seat first and I will deliver the drink to you in a moment." Jimin smiled sweetly to Baekhyun before proceeding to make the drink.

~After 5 minutes~

Jimin went up to Baekhyun's table with his Americano while sitting directly opposite him.

"Your Americano, oppa~ Enjoy it~" Jimin gently placed the drink in front of Baekhyun with her usual sweet smile.

"Gomawo~ Will your manager mind if he/she see you sitting here with me?" Baekhyun asked while searching around for the manager.

"My manager is not in today so it will be fine." Jimin whispered softly to Baekhyun and flashed her one dimpled smile to him.

"Wow Jimin! I just realise that you have one dimple! That's so cute~" Without realising, Baekhyun stretched one of his hand out to poke Jimin's dimple with his eyes turning into beautiful cresents.

"Thank you." Jimin's face started heating up and she quickly covered it with her hands.

Both of them chat for about half an hour before Baekhyun said he had to leave first because he need to attend to something. They become much closer because of this casual chatting time.

 

Jimin meet Baekhyun again at the playground two weeks later when she's walking home after knocking off from work. It's drizzling and she see Baekhyun alone in the playground. When she approached closer to Baekhyun who's sitting on top of the slide with his face burried in his knees, she heard muffled cries and sniffing.

"Baekhyun oppa?" Jimin shake Baekhyun's arm lightly.

He lifted up his head with his tear-stained face and tears occasionally streaming down from his eyes.

"Oppa, what happened? Why are you crying alone here?" Jimin asked in a concern tone to a blank face Baekhyun.

"Jimin ah, oppa got rejected by all the hospitals that I sent in my resumes previously. They said my grades are not good enough to become a doctor in their hospital, not even their trainee doctors. I'm such a loser right?" Tears continued making their way down Baekhyun's now blank face.

"To make things even better, my parents knew about it and actually made a big fuss about this over the phone especially my father. He said he's really disappointed in me and even called me an idiot. Byun Baekhyun is just an useless loser in everyone's eyes now."

The rain suddenly become heavier.

"No oppa. You're not an idiot, you're not an useless loser. It's just that the hospitals don't appreciate your talent, appreciate you. I believe if you continue preserve on, don't give up, there will surely be one hospital who will hire you because they appreciate your talent and you. But if you really give up now, you will become a loser." Jimin placed both of hands on Baekhyun's shoulder firmly with raindrops hitting on her face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter