Park Jimin?

The Secret Life of Park Jimin

“Can you please move the out of the way?” Namjoon snapped, beanie pulled far over his eyes. After two nights straight of partying over the weekend, he had absolutely no patience for little freshmen who couldn’t use their legs, and clearly this little guy just couldn’t seem to listen to him.

Suga, who stood behind him with a much lighter hangover, smirked at the little freshman. The kid was actually pretty cute, with large, brown eyes and incredibly fluffy hair. He looked like he’d be fun to play with.

“So…” he squinted at the name badge, and did a double take, “Park Jimin?” The freshman’s eyes widened and without saying a word, he scrambled off, leaving Suga to stare after him, speechless. “Yah! YAH! Where do you think you’re going?” The guy was soon lost in the crowd of bustling students, leaving Suga to gape open mouthed after him. “er,” Suga muttered under his breath.

Once Namjoon had all his books, the two set off to their first period class. Yoongi took his seat in between Jin and Namjoon as class started. Jin was the only one to pull out his textbook and notebook; the other two just slumped over in their seats. Seokjin sent them a disapproving glare, but didn’t make any comments.

The teacher opened up a power point on cellular respiration as an idea occurred to Yoongi.

“Yah, hyung,” He whispered to Jin quietly, “You have access to student files, right?”

Jin nodded, suspicious at Suga’s intentions, “Yeah, I’m the student council president, you know that. Why, don’t tell me you’re gonna play some stupid prank or something.” While he’d never done it before, Jin wouldn’t put it past Yoongi to go prank call all the freshmen or something like that.

“Nah, that’s for amateurs,” Yoongi chuckled, “Jimin is a common name, right?” Jin nodded in agreement, “Can you see how many freshmen Park Jimins there are at this school?” Jin just nodded again, not wanting to argue with the stubborn boy. It never turned out well, and if Yoongi started , Jin could very easily post those maid cosplay pictures he had from last Halloween. The two turned their attention back to the teacher, who was growing very red in the face.

“MIN YOONGI!” The teacher bellowed, extremely frustrated, “WHAT DOES CELLULAR RESPIRATION CREATE THAT PHOTOSHYNTHESIS DOES NOT?”

Yoongi gulped and slid down in his seat, his normally fearless attitude gone in front of his frightening teacher. Jin just snickered and raised his hand.

“ATP, sir.

“Correct, Seokjin,” The teacher said, smiling happily at his favourite student, then turning to glare at Yoongi, “Min, learn something from your friend, you might actually get into college that way.”

-up,” Yoongi hissed at his older friend, cheeks turning a light pink at the teacher’s scolding. On the first floor in the first-year classrooms, Jimin wasn’t faring any better.

“I think he’s going into a phone withdrawal,” Taehyung commented, snickering loudly at the slumped over Jimin. They were in their third period class, waiting anxiously for the lunch bell to ring. Jimin hadn’t said a word the entire day.

“I know, look at him!” Jungkook poked his best friend in the shoulder. He would have normally gotten a response, but the shorter just sat there, slumped over in his chair.

“Yah!” Taehyung whisper-yelled into his friend’s ear. “Helloooo, earth to Jimin!”

Still no response. The other two traded slightly amused looks and started packing their school supplies up just as the lunch bell rang. Shaken out of his space-out moment, Jimin came back to earth and started packing his stuff as well.

“Welcome home, knucklehead,” Jungkook said, smacking him on the back, “See something cool in outer space? That’s normally Tae’s job.”

“Yah!”

“I’m just worried,” Jimin replied, “I don’t know what to do without my phone!”

“I feel like this is a reflection of today’s teenage society,” Jungkook mused, only to get punched by Taehyung. “Fine, fine, I’ll shut up. Jeez, sorry.”

The three dropped their books off at their lockers and hurried to the cafeteria for lunch. Jimin, who had brought his lunch that day, sat down at their usual table.

“It’s weird,” Jimin commented once the other two were sitting with him. “At the performance, Bangtan seemed so nice, but at school, they’re very mean.”

“I guess it’s image,” Jungkook mused, smiling slightly, “That night, we were cool. Now?” His smiled faded when a group of three upperclassmen approached them.

“Yah, you! Punk!” The leader of the three, Kwon Jiyong, kicked Jimin’s chair. The younger jumped with a squeak and turned around, bowing low in his chair. “Give me your melon drink. Now.”

Jimin fumbled for his soda and quickly handed it to his sunbae with shaking hands, not particularly wanting to be beaten up this early in the day.

“Good job, you pass the test,” Jiyong snickered and then disappeared as fast as he had appeared. The two guys flanking him spun on their heels as well.

“They’re not the only ones who are mean,” Taehyung added, “The other popular groups at school aren’t an exception. It’s funny to see how different you are, hyung.”

“Yeah, normally you’re pretty loud and obnoxious, but at school you’re pretty quiet,” Jungkook agreed, nodding his head, “Gotta keep up that nerd image, right? But still, Jiyong sunbae is so cool! And handsome… and rich… and funny…”

Jimin just groaned, not wanting to hear Jungkook fanboy over his man crush, and punched his friend in the arm.

On the other side of the cafeteria, Min Yoongi watched the nerdy underclassman, not knowing that a smile was tickling the corners of his mouth.

“Ay, Yoongi-ah, why are you smiling so creepily?” Jin asked, taking a seat at the table. He set his food tray down in front of him, full of vegetables and healthy food.

“I wasn’t ing smiling,” Suga replied grumpily, stuffing some rice into his mouth, “Mind your own business, hyung.”

“Sure you weren’t,” Hoseok laughed, taking a seat next to him, “We all believe that one.” Rap Monster sat down as well, tray laden with junk food and chips, occasionally stealing food off of Jin’s plate. In response, Jin leaned his head on Namjoon’s shoulder, rubbing his neck.

“Hey, I checked the weather this morning and it’s supposed to be getting hotter,” Jin commented, shoveling food into his mouth, “It’s why I hate the beginning of school so much. I can’t wait for the semester to be over!” Yoongi smirked slightly.

“You’ve got a while,” He replied around a mouthful of food. “I don’t really like any of the seasons, so I can’t relate.”

“Right, well, skipping over Suga’s pessimism, I have actually important news,” Hoseok announced.

“What?” Jin hit Hoseok, offended, “My weather is very  important!”

“Nah.” Hoseok just shook his head, “Anyways, my friend Jaebum, you guys haven’t met him, he’s working at a club downtown.”

“Is this one of your various college friends?” Jin asked, suspicious. He all too well remembered his last encounter with Hoseok’s college friends.

“Yeah, but Jaebum’s responsible.” Hoseok assured him, “Plus, Jackson probably won’t be there to try and get you high like last time.” The four snickered at the memories of Jin smoking pot with Hoseok’s older friends. “Anyways, he’s trying a new promotion thing and we can get into the club for cheap without being carded. You guys up?”

“A club?” Rap Monster said thoughtfully, “I’ve only been to parties, not clubs. Might be interesting.”

“I’m up for it,” Yoongi shrugged, “No surprise.”

“I mean, if you guys really want to go, I’ll go,” Jin sighed, “Go for the experience, I guess.”

“Aw, thanks Seokjinnie!” Rap Monster squealed in a moment of unmanliness, then tried to cover up, “I mean, um,” he coughed, turning slightly pink,”Cool, it’ll be fun.” Yoongi tried not to roll his eyes at his two friends.

“When are we going?” Yoongi asked shortly, piling his plates on his empty food tray.

“Whenever, I know the music class has a big group project coming up for the start of the year.” Hoseok shrugged right as the bell for the end lunch sounded. The four friends all got up and dumped their trays into the trash.

 

©

 

Jimin watched the clock with bated breath, waiting for the bell to ring.

5

4

3

2

1

“Can Park Jimin, Class 1-C, please report to the office?” The loud speaker crackled right after the bell rang, making Jimin freeze in his seat. “I repeat, can Park Jimin of Class 1-C please report to the office?”

“Ooh, what did you do now, hyung?” Jungkook laughed, teasing Jimin, “Such a badass.”

“Oh, shut the up,” Jimin scowled, stuffing all of his belongings into his backpack. “Uh, I’ll meet you guys at Kookie’s house later, kay?” With that, he dashed off to the office, not wanting to anger the principal who was most probably waiting for him. Finally, after running all through the campus, he skidded to a stop outside of the office.

After brushing off his pants and buttoning the top button on his uniform collared shirt, Jimin stepped inside the office, where the secretary was typing away at her computer. She looked up when he entered the office.

“Park Jimin?” Jimin nodded, out of breath with sweat running down the sides of his face. “Please step inside the office, the principal would like a word with you.” He gulped—it sounded like he’d done something wrong, but what?

Jimin opened the door to the principal’s office just as someone was stepped out. Not just any someone—Min Yoongi. Jimin’s breath caught in his throat as he tried to avoid Suga’s eyes.

Unknown to him, Yoongi looked the freshman up and down, remembering that this was the same guy as the XYZ one. Jin had confirmed it—there were two Park Jimins in the freshmen class, and one of them was the girl. This Park Jimin had to be the XYZ guy. Even though the boy was makeup free and acting completely different, Yoongi could see how they were the same person. The same warm, brown eyes and fluffy brown hair that he really, really wanted to run his hands through. The same full, pouty lips that—

No.

Yoongi groaned, running a hand through his messy hair. Without realizing it, he sent a glare at Jimin, who recoiled slightly in shock.

Shaking it off, Jimin entered the office where the president, Mr. Kwon, sat behind his cluttered desk.

“Jimin-ah, please, take a seat!” he said cheerfully, gesturing towards the chair. Jimin did as he was told, setting his bag down next to him. “Now, you’re taking Modern Music 1 as your elective, correct?” Jimin nodded his head, smiling. It was his chosen elective for that year, and after only a week of the class, he was loving it. “That’s good to hear. Your teacher, Mrs. Yim, speaks very highly of you. So highly, in fact, that she wants to bump you up to Modern Music 2.”

Jimin’s head shot up and his eyes widened, “What? Really?”

“Yes, that’s correct.” Mr. Kwon nodded his head, “She says that your music theory and preparation is very good, and that you are at the skill level of the higher class. Would you be up to joining?”

“Of course!” Jimin exclaimed happily, surprised that Mrs. Yim thought so highly of him.

“I thought so,” Mr. Kwon chuckled, typing something into his computer, “Now, the transition should be fairly easy. The class is working on a big, start of the year project, so look out for that, but Mrs. Yoon tells me that you should be fine.”

“Thank you sir!” Jimin said, bowing in his seat, “I’m looking forward to this!”

Mr. Kwon laughed happily, eyes crinkling at the young teen’s excitement, “That’s all. You may go, Mr. Park.”

Jimin leapt to his feet and slung his backpack over his back, “Thanks again, Mr. Kwon!” He called, racing out of the room.

He ran all the way to the bus stop, his smile never disappearing once. Jimin was just about to pull out his phone to call V and Jungkook when his heart sank again.

His phone was still missing, and even if Yoongi had texted him, he wouldn’t know. The rapper probably thought that he was being rude or something.

All through the ride to Jungkook’s house, the only thing that Jimin could think of was that Yoongi probably hated him, and that he had absolutely no chances of ever talking to the admittedly hot rapper ever again.

“Oh my lord, get over it!” Taehyung shouted at Jimin. They were all piled on Jungkook’s bed, talking and screaming at each other. “I’m sure he’ll understand if you explain it once you get your phone back.” Jimin’s eyes narrowed at Taehyung, sending glares.

“You clearly don’t understand love,” Jimin snapped, huffing in frustration.

“Whoah, whoah, whoah, slow down there Mr. Romeo,” Jungkook waved his hands around, “I hope you didn’t really mean love.”

“What?” Jimin shook his head, laughing, “It’s a figure of speech, of course I’m not in love with him.” His two friends sighed in relief. “I just happen to think that he is extremely handsome and hot and may or may not be very attracted to him and his rapping.”

“PARK JIMIN!”

Later that night, Jimin laid on his bed, facing up to the ceiling. All the various times he’d run into Yoongi were running through his head—the time he’d gotten water on his shirt, after their Homecoming performance, and today in the school office. With a small groan, he shook his head and rolled onto his side.

 

©

 

Yoongi really didn’t want to check the time on his phone. He knew that he should be sleeping, but he couldn’t stop twisting and turning.

 

Park Jimin… Park Jimin…. Park Jimin… Park Jimin….

“GET OUT OF MY HEAD!” Yoongi screamed into the black silence, and then slapped a hand over his mouth. What the hell is happening to me? He groaned to himself, running a hand through his hair. His eyes slowly slid over to where Park Jimin’s phone laid innocently on his nightstand.

“!” He rolled over and snatched the phone from his nightstand effectively knocking over a couple empty water glasses. Yoongi stared at it for a moment, and then the screen. Surprisingly enough, he was able to unlock it—the idiot set 0000 as his passcode. The background was a picture of BigBang’s new album cover.

Phone

Messages

Instagram

Snapchat

Wait. Instagram

He tapped on that, interested. The profile was, no surprises, for Park Jimin (@chim.chim95). He started scrolling through his past pictures, thankful that the guy wasn’t one of those “cool” people who only had two pictures that they didn’t delete. Somehow, the punk had over 8K followers.

There were a lot of pictures of him with two other guys, probably around the same age as him. The three of them looked vaguely familiar. He scrolled back to the top, where the first couple of pictures had loaded.

It was the three guys from the sick Homecoming performance, XYZ. The caption?

Jungkookie (@kookie.monster), taehyung (@elevant) and I had an awesome time performing at our school! We did Sick and Fun Boys, and I think everyone liked it.

There were over 300 comments, and Yoongi loaded those.

WAHH! Oppa is so handsome!

Oppa! Pls marry me omfg

Jimin and Jungkook 5ever! #jikook lol

Pls notice me! I love you guys and your dancing!

Park Jimin, the short, cute nerdy freshman, was the hot, short dancer from XYZ.

Yoongi scrolled down his pictures again, trying to find a selca. When he did, he almost, almost regretted it.

The selca was of him shirtless, looking away from the camera. The kid had way too toned abs for that baby face. His black eyeliner perfectly offset everything else, and Yoongi could feel his breath catching. There were more selcas, and Yoongi didn’t have a very hard time believing that the guy with the incredibly seductive gaze and way too kissable lips was the same guy from the stage. Maybe he didn’t regret it at all.

He scrolled a little bit back up and found a video that looked like it was taken in a practice room. Yoongi loaded it quietly, trying to ignore the fact that he was totally and completely stalking this poor guy.

My anaconda don’t want none unless you got buns, hun

Yoongi’s eyes widened as he watched the way-too-seductive-for-that-face guy twerk to Nicki Minaj with one of the nicest asses he’d ever seen. , I’m in way too deep. He thought to himself, pulling his lip between his teeth. Cringing at himself and his complete iness, he quickly exited out of the app and shoved the phone back onto his night stand.

Not even two seconds later, the phone was back into his hand, and he quickly searched for himself on the app.

Min Suga (@augst.d) – follow following

With that, he shoved the phone back where it had been.

©

“So you actually do have to have a partner for that Music 2 project?” Namjoon asked Yoongi, laughing. “Ha! for you!”

Yoongi groaned, slinking down in his seat. Namjoon, along with the rest of Bangtan, were in their usual hangout—Jin’s mother’s restaurant, a quaint diner tucked in the corner of a bustling street. They went there almost every day after school, if they weren’t practicing for an upcoming performance.

“I know!” Yoongi said after taking a bite of his hamburger. “It seriously , I thought that I would be exempt from group work since there’s an odd number of people in the class.”

“Well, hate to break it to you, but you’re going to actually have to be social for once,” J-Hope snickered at the distress of his friend.

“You could bring your partner here, it might lighten the mood,” Jin suggested, finishing off his milkshake. “And we could help save your partner from your socially awkward ways.”

“Shut the hell up, it’s not like you’re any better!” Yoongi groaned again, punching Jin lightly on the shoulder.

“Socially awkward?” Jin laughed sarcastically, “Say that to my third year of being student council president.”

“Got ‘em!” Namjoon chimed in between his snickers. “Oh, and about that club thing, J-Hope, when is it?”

J-Hope, who was in the middle of coloring his place mat, looked up, “Huh? Oh, not for a while. We’ve got some time.”

“Good,” Namjoon replied, nodding, “Jin and I are working on that Music project together, and I know you, Yoongi, and J-Hope, you guys have to work on it too, right?” The other two nodded. J-Hope was also taking Music 2, but in a different period.

“Oh hey, Rap Mon, didn’t you say that you had a track to run by me?” Suga asked, leaning over Jin to talk to the other rapper. Jin wrinkled his nose and wordlessly switched places with Yoongi. Namjoon nodded and pulled out his phone, plugging his earbuds into it. The two began going over new music that Namjoon was arranging, leaving Hoseok and Jin to talk.

“Do you want to go in the back?” Hoseok asked, grinning slightly, “They’re going to ignore us until they’re done.” Jin nodded, and the two stepped into the warm kitchen. After taking a seat on the steps leading outside, the two started talking.

“So, how are things going with Namjoon?” Hoseok looked over at Seokjin, carefully examining his face. The two had been talking for a while about the two and their confusing relationship. About a year ago, someone had informed Namjoon of Seokjin’s enormous crush on him, and since then, the rapper had been acting strange. At times, it was as though they were a couple, with flirting and hugs to top it off. At other times, he was cold towards Jin, and ignored him.

One Year Ago

 

“Yah, Kim Namjoon!” Jin exclaimed, trying to grab his notebook back from Rap Monster. They were in the hall, waiting for J-Hope and Yoongi to finish up with whatever they were doing. “Give me my notebook back! I need that for the test tomorrow!”

“No you don’t,” Namjoon replied, laughing at the older.

Jin started jumping, trying to reach it.

A clump of seniors walked by, one of them bumping Jin on the shoulder. He had been particularly nasty to Seokjin for a while, after Jin got the better score on the AP Chemistry exam than he did.

“ing .”

Seokjin froze for a moment, tears pricking at his eyes. He blinked, and in that moment, Namjoon’s arm lashed out, grabbing onto the senior’s arm.

“Excuse you?” He growled in a low voice, glaring daggers, “What was that you just said?”

“I said that your boyfriend is a ing ,” The senior replied, a smirk crawling on his face.

“My boyfriend?” Namjoon’s eyes narrowed even further, “What the ?” Seokjin shrank down, squeezing his eyes shut. The senior had figured out about Jin’s crush on Namjoon, and never failed to about it.

“You mean you don’t know?” The senior said, malice seeping through his voice. “You really don’t know?”

“Don’t know what?” Namjoon said, stepping towards the senior threateningly.

“Yah, Namjoon,” J-Hope warned, having been done with his class. He knew about the senior and Jin, and had figured out the situation in an instant, “Let it go.”

“No, no, no, don’t let this go. You really don’t know that Mr. Perfect, the Class President, is head over heels in love with you?” The senior started cackling, “Oh, this is golden!”

Seokjin felt like someone had ripped his heart out of his chest as Namjoon whirled around to face him, shock painted on his face. He did the only thing that he could think of—he ran.

“JIN! KIM SEOKJIN!”

Hoseok shook his head, remembering the awful scene. The senior had paid for what he did—J-Hope, Namjoon and Yoongi made sure of that. Namjoon had never brought it up again, so J-Hope wasn’t really sure about what went through his head, but he did know that Namjoon had never left someone so bloody and beaten up as that senior.

 

“I-“ Jin started, leaning his head on his drawn knees, “I’m honestly not sure. We Skyped for three hours last Saturday, until, like, 2 in the morning. It was really, really nice.”

“But?” Hoseok prodded, waiting for the catch that always seemed to be there. Seokjin smiled ruefully.

But, the next day, when we were hanging out at the mall, remember?” Jin looked over at his friend, who only nodded in remembrance, “Yeah, so, he didn’t talk to me for the entire time, and he kept avoiding looking at me. I don’t know what to do, he keeps giving me weird signals that I honestly can’t seem to follow.”

“Ah, hyung, I’m sorry,” J-Hope said quietly, wrapping an arm around Jin’s shoulders. The other rested his head on J-Hope’s shoulder, tired from trying to keep up with Namjoon and his strange mood swings.

Tears started rolling down Jin’s face, and as hard as he tried, Jin couldn’t get them to stop. He used his sweater sleeves to blot his eyes, reliving the moment from a year ago over and over.

“I-“ Jin started, hiccupping, “I just wish that Namjoon would realize that I want an answer. I wish that he knew that I want to be his boyfriend, that I want to walk down the halls and have him be there next to me as more than just my best friend!”

“I know, hyung, I know,” J-Hope said, smoothing Jin’s hair. Most of the boys from Bangtan had never seen Jin cry, but as Jin’s love advisor, this wasn’t an uncommon scene for J-Hope. The two sat there in silence, the occasional hiccup from Jin being the only sound.

Namjoon walked through the kitchen, trying to find J-Hope and Jin, as it was time to go.

“Shh, it’s okay,”

He heard from behind the door leading to the back area outside. He peeked his head out of the door frame and found the two sitting on the steps of the porch.

Namjoon’s breath caught in his throat at the sight of Jin leaning his head on J-Hope’s shoulder, J-Hope running his hand through Jin’s hair.

That should be me, Namjoon thought bitterly as a wave of jealousy washed over him. He stalked back out into the restaurant.

“Hey, you find them?” Yoongi came up to him, but Namjoon just pushed past him in his fit of rage. It shouldn’t have been Hoseok there, it should have been him.