We Run the Night

The Secret Life of Park Jimin

double update!!! enjoy and happy holidays to everyone


“Dude, this night’s gonna be killer!” Hoseok cheered loudly. Jin, the designated driver who rarely drank, just sighed and waited for the light to turn green. The four Bangtan Boys had piled into Jin’s car to head over to the club that GOT7 had invited them to. Hoseok, Yoongi and Namjoon had already had a couple of drinks and were definitely buzzed.

“YOU CAN’T CONTROL MY !” Namjoon yelled out of the window, giggling until Jin slapped his thigh over the middle of the car and promptly rolled up Namjoon’s car window.

“We’re almost here,” Jin called to the back of the car where Yoongi was nodding off to sleep (as usual) and Hoseok was squirming around.

“HYUNG!” Hoseok whined, “I have to go potty!”

“Jung Hoseok, I told you to go to the bathroom before we left!” Jin snapped impatiently, “And look at where not listening to me got you!”

Laughing drunkenly, Namjoon’s hand strayed to Jin’s thigh, dangerously near his crotch, “You’re hot when you get bossy.” Jin just glared at Namjoon, whose hand shot back like a child who was caught reaching into the cookie jar.

With another sigh, Jin parked the car on the side of the street and got out, “We’re here, now get the out of my car.” Not even an hour into the night and he was already pissed at the boys. The other three piled out and followed him across the street where Identify, the club where GOT7 worked and had invited them to, was.

Jackson Wang, everyone’s favorite stoner and obnoxious , was waiting for them at the doors.

“Yo, yo, yo, ma homies!” He screeched at the top of his lungs when he saw them, “What’s poppin?”

“Your brain cells, apparently,” Yoongi rolled his eyes at Jackson—the two didn’t have a very good history.

“Wow, still as cold as ever I see, Suga,” Jackson snickered, clearly on something a bit stronger than weed, “Almost as cold as the sun.”

“Jackson, you’re as high as balls, get your inside,” Mark Tuan, a much calmer and sane version of Jackson (with less snapbacks and red hair) appeared, smiling at the four boys. “What’s up? How are you guys?”

“Hey, hyung,” Hoseok greeted his friends. Mark was the oldest of GOT7, a good 7 years older than Hoseok. Jackson was 5 years older than them, like most of the group. “It’s nice to be here, we’ve never been to a club before.”

“It’s funny,” Mark commented, “Bam Bam and Yugyeom invited some of their friends too, also in high school. They’ve been here a lot, but they always seem to make the night better. Great partiers, hella upbeat. It’s a good night for your first clubbing experience, I’ll say that much.”

The four nodded excitedly, following Mark into the club.

Heavy, warm air and a throbbing beat hit them as soon as they stepped inside. Flashing lights cut through the blackness of the room, making it difficult to really make anything out. A large crowd was on the dance floor, moving their bodies in time to the music.

A bar with neon lights accenting it lined one side of the room. Mark dropped them off there, leaving them in the hands of the two maknaes of GOT7, BamBam and Yugyeom.

“Yo, what’s up?” BamBam slapped Yoongi’s back and gave Namjoon a fist bump as they all sat down at the bar. He handed them each a drink, seemingly appearing out of the air accompanied by a smirk. He had to yell to be heard over the music, “I see you guys finally made your sweet time out here!” BamBam was the same age as Jin, and Yugyeom was the same age as Hoseok and such.

“Yeah, we also had to make it past your insane pet known as the Wild and y Jackson Wang,” Jin added, rolling his eyes. BamBam laughed.

“Jackson does get a little too hyped, especially when he knows people he knows are gonna be here,” BamBam informed them, cleaning out some glasses.

“You mean he smoked about a hundred extra joints just for us?” Namjoon wrinkled his nose, not wanting to think about that.

BamBam laughed again, tipping his head back, “Not for you guys,” He pointed out to a specific spot the dance floor where the crowd seemed to radiate from, as if it was the epicenter of the club, “For them.”

It was three guys, all different heights. Yoongi narrowed his eyes- one of them seemed a little too familiar. He shook his head, blaming it on the beer that he’d had in Jin’s car. They were all good dancers, and clearly had been to clubs before, judging from the way they were able to move their bodies.

“Like Mark said, they always seem to make the night a little bit better,” BamBam smiled mysteriously, refilling Yoongi’s glass with some form of alcohol.

Yoongi looked at his friends. Namjoon and Jin were off in the corner, talking about something or other. Only Hoseok was left sitting next to him, downing the last of the drink.

“Wait, BamBam, who did you say they were again?” J-Hope asked, handing his glass to BamBam, who shook his head.

“I didn’t,” He grinned, “Why don’t you go find out for yourself?”

J-Hope took one look at Yoongi’s apprehensive face and dragged him off his stool.

“You need to get your grandpa up and get some action,” Hoseok yelled over the music, “This is the easiest way!”

“I don’t need you to be my wingman,” Yoongi hollered back impatiently.

“Yeah, sure,” Hoseok rolled his eyes as they neared the three guys. “Why don’t you prove it to me?” Yoongi gave J-Hope one last defiant glare before making his way up to the shortest guy, trying to find the proper way to move his body.

Somewhere between the beat drop and the transition to the next song, he felt the guy’s hands slide down to his waist, guiding him, telling him which way to move. Yoongi gulped as he felt the other guy back up, his finding Yoongi’s crotch.

Leaning back, the guy let his head rest in the crook of Yoongi’s neck, unheard sighs leaving his lips as Yoongi started placing kisses on his exposed neck. With the flashing lights, Yoongi couldn’t get a clear look at the mysterious guy’s face. The only thing he saw was the guy’s necklace lying on top of his red Chicago Bulls jersey—a silver playboy bunny, the same one that had been on the GD x TOP album cover.

The two of them continue dancing like that, and soon, Yoongi’s arms have s around the guy’s waist, drawing him closer to his body, and pretty soon he feels himself biting into the guy’s skin and that’s a y moan that he somehow heard over the music.

But then suddenly, Yoongi feels guilty, for no apparent reason. His movements to the beat come to a stop as a mental image of Park Jimin, smiling so widely that his eyes turned into crescent moons, popped up in his head.

Why the hell is this kid in my head? Yoongi groaned in his head as he slipped away from the stranger, letting the crowd swallow up the poor guy that he just left. Yoongi didn’t even have to think—he knew the answer even if he didn’t want to. As he finally escaped the club and was able to breath cool, fresh air, he looked down to be met with a certain part of himself being a little too excited from what had just happened. Clearly, his mind and his body weren’t on the same page.

©

 

Jimin stared through the crowd that had just swallowed up the guy he had been dancing with, filled with disappointment. It had been going with great, and Jimin was about a minute away from getting that guy’s number (not that he would have been able to do anything with it) when the guy had cursed someone under his breath, something that sounded like Park Yimin or Joongin or something like that and ran away promptly.

With a sigh, he dragged himself back to the bar, where BamBam smiled and handed him a bottle of water.

“How’s your night been so far?” He asked Jimin curiously, wanting to know how the meeting of XYZ and Bangtan had been.

“Pretty dull, actually, “Jimin replied, ruffling his hair up, “Can you tell V and Kookie that I’m just gonna head home?”

“Yeah sure,” BamBam nodded, handing Jimin an extra water bottle.

“Be careful heading home!” Jr, another one of GOT7, called after Jimin, “Look both ways when you cross the street!” Jimin smiled slightly and nodded, making his way out of the club.

He started walking down the street, ears still buzzing from the loud music. For some reason, JB thought it was okay to always blast his music at full volume, even though Jimin knew fully that the people living around Identify were always complaining.

Even though his ears were buzzing, Jimin couldn’t ignore the loud growling that was coming from his stomach. He hadn’t eaten since the ttokbboki with Yoongi earlier, and he was starving. It seemed like days since he had hung out with Yoongi after school, Jimin mused to himself.

After checking his wallet to make sure that he had enough money for ramyun, Jimin jogged over to the nearest convenience store.

“Sorry for intruding so late!” Jimin called to the ahjumma who was running the store, bowing slightly. She just nodded at him and continued counting out change for the business man buying cheap beer.

Jimin made his way over to the ramyun section, pondering what type he would get. There was always shin ramyun, or spicy chicken kimchi…

As he was thinking, he walked straight into someone else in the aisle.

“Yah!” Jimin looked up into the face of Min Yoongi, breath catching at the rapper’s slightly flushed cheeks and piercing gaze. “Park Jimin, what the hell are you doing in this part of town at one in the morning?”

“Ah,” Jimin looked off to the side, not knowing how to answer the question, “I was just, uh, walking around.” Yoongi clucked his tongue, feeling a bit like Jin.

“Whatever,” He rolled his eyes, watching Jimin muse over which flavor of ramyun he should get. Yoongi groaned impatiently and grabbed another cup of what he was getting—regular spicy flavor. Jimin jumped slightly and dropped the cup, bending over to retrieve it. As he did, Yoongi’s eyes narrowed.

A silver chair with a Playboy bunny pendant slipped out of Jimin’s Chicago Bulls jersey, exposing skin with a few hickeys scattered on it—a few hickeys that seemed all too familiar to Yoongi.

“Hyung!” Jimin’s cheerful voice shook Yoongi out of his thoughts. He had grabbed Yoongi’s hand and was dragging him over to the checkout area where the grumpy ahjumma was. “We should pay now, she looks like she wants to sleep,” He whispered, laughing slightly.

Yoongi stared, still dumbstruck, for a couple moments, until he realized that Jimin was talking out his wallet. Yoongi slapped Jimin’s hand and took out his own, paying for both their ramyuns.

“Ah, hyung, you didn’t have to do that!” Jimin said joyfully and he went over to the hot water containers, eagerly ripping open his package to dump water into it.

“Yeah, I kind of did,” Yoongi replied, sitting down next to him to also fill up his ramyun. Jimin turned to Yoongi as they waited for their noodles to cook.

“Yah, hyung,” Jimin started, only to get cut off by Yoongi.

“Don’t yah me, brat!”      

“Ah, sorry, sorry,” Jimin said, smiling widely, “wait, wait, hyung, your eyes bloodshot?”

“No, er, they’re not,” Yoongi wrinkled his nose as Jimin bent way forward to examine Yoongi’s face, “And, hold on, have you been drinking?” It was faint, but it was there—the scent of alcohol carried from Jimin’s breath to Yoongi’s nose.

“Just a little bit, not enough to damage brain cells!” Jimin responded cheerfully.

“What brain cells?” Yoongi muttered to himself.

“Anyways, I hold my alcohol pretty well, believe it or not,” Jimin said, “I’m better at drinking than Taehyung is, that’s for sure. He’s probably back there hella smashed and . He should be fine as long as Kookie’s there.”

“Back where?” Yoongi asked, thinking he had caught Jimin.

“Ah, you know, back there,” Jimin replied vaguely, grinning cheekily at Yoongi.

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“…maybe.”

©

Hoseok headed out to the back of the club, wanting fresh air but not wanting to run into Jackson Wang.

“Damn, babe, you’re looking fine tonight.”

And apparently, that wish wasn’t going to come true; Jackson’s abrasive voice echoed down the hall. J-Hope was about to head back inside the club when he heard something that made him stop in his tracks.

“D-Don’t touch me, !”

“Aw, babe, don’t be like that.”

Without a second of thought, he dashed down the hall in the direction of the voices. Jackson had another guy pinned up against a wall and was peppering kisses on his neck. Angrily, Hoseok yanked Jackson of the poor guy and threw him down.

“Piss off, dude,” Hoseok snapped, eyes narrowing, “Just go back inside and quit harassing innocent guys!”

Jackson glared back at J-Hope, as if deciding whether or not to say something else. Deciding not to, he slunk back inside the club, and J-Hope turned his attention to the guy that he’d just saved. When he saw who it was, he did a double take.

The first person he saw was Kim Taehyung, Jimin’s cute, alien-ish friend that he’d met in the hall. Jimin had been eager to introduce his friends to his new hyung, which Hoseok thought was absolutely adorable.

The other person he saw, solely in the eyes, was the cute guy he’d seen back at homecoming that he’d been texting from XYZ, V.

“J-Hope?”

“V?”

The two stared at each other, both confused. V started cursing under his breath, rubbing his face as more tears started falling. The night had been going great until Mark had lost Jackson to the crowd, leaving the crazy idiot to corner Taehyung outside. On top of that, J-Hope probably now knew that V and Taehyung were the same person and probably never wanted to talk to him again.

“Wait, Taehyung?” Hoseok looked closely at Taehyung, observing the way that his eyes, outline in eyeliner that was mixing with tears, blinked rapidly. “You were the one from the dance performance?” V nodded miserably, blowing his nose into his thin t-shirt. “That was you?”

Somehow, Hoseok couldn’t believe that the y, ginger haired guy from the powerful performance was the same guy as the adorable, slightly shy Taehyung from Jimin’s group of friends.

“I-I’m sorry I didn’t say anything to you, hyung,” Taehyung said miserably, staring into the pavement. He drew his knees up to his chest, feeling the chilly bite of the night starting to nip at his arms. “I didn’t know how to, and texting you was really funny and interesting! I didn’t want to mess that up.”

J-Hope smiled, taking off his leather jacket and draping it over Taehyung’s shoulders with a cheerful laugh, “You didn’t have to worry about that! The only thing you should worry about is investing in some waterproof eyeliner.” That made Taehyung laugh slightly, his tears starting to disappear. “But hey, you okay? Jackson seemed pretty aggressive back there.”

Taehyung burst into more tears at the mention of Jackson, which made Hoseok start panicking even more.

“Please don’t cry!” J-Hope said, making various strange faces to Taehyung, trying to get him to smile. It worked slightly, and Taehyung offered his rectangular, watery smile.

“I’ll be okay,” Taehyung said, “I just want to get home at this point.”

“I’ll go with you, I don’t want any more weird people hitting on you,” J-Hope said, standing up. As Taehyung followed his lead, he could see why the younger boy was receiving some unwanted attention. His white t-shirt clung to his body perfectly, and his black skinny jeans had rips that reveal small slivers of skin that had Hoseok gulping for air.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to!” Taehyung protested, not wanting to burden J-Hope.

“I want to,” J-Hope said, grasping his hand and pulling him back through the club. As they neared the entrance, he spotted Jackson, sprawled out on a couch, yelling drunken phrases out to the unhearing crowd. He felt Taehyung’s grip on his hand tighten slightly, and he drew the younger closer to him, slinging an arm around his shoulders. V stayed close to him, not wanting to confront Jackson.

Once they were out of the club, J-Hope let his arm slide down slightly, letting it awkwardly rest on Taehyung’s waist. The two walked to Taehyung’s bus stop, both of their faces dusted with pink. Finally, Taehyung grabbed Hoseok’s hand and playfully spun himself around, squawking at random.

“Wha-“ Hoseok started laughing at the insanity of the situation, “What are you doing?”

“Summoning my people,” Taehyung said seriously, before bursting into laughter. Hoseok stared at him for a few moments before laughing as well, glad that the awkwardness was gone.

The two got on the empty bus, still chuckling from Taehyung’s strange outburst. They sat down in the back, V in the window seat. Hoseok watched, amused, as he leaned his head against the window, trying to blow his hair out of his eyes. J-Hope just reached over and brushed his hair out of his face, making V grin back at his hyung gratefully.

As V’s eyes drifted closed, Hoseok started to think about what had just happened. If V and Taehyung were the same person, than what about his friends, Jimin and Jungkook. There were three people in XYZ and three people in Jimin’s group of friends. Hoseok gasped dramatically to himself.

“If 1+1=2 and 2+2=4, then Jimin and Jungkook must also be part of XYZ!” Hoseok whispered dramatically, as if he was in a drama. He sat there, completely stunned at his discovery, “I wonder if Yoongi knows… oh! I’m sure he doesn’t, and then he’ll find out and then he’ll hate Jimin, then they’ll never realize their love for each other, and they’ll never get together…” And so Hoseok’s rambling continued as he devised a plot to have Yoongi discover Jimin’s real identity before it was too late.

“Yah, hyung,” Taehyung poked Hoseok’s side, making him flinch slightly, “We’re here.”

Hoseok looked up to see his own street where he lived, and gaped at Taehyung in surprise. “What the hell?”

 

~

Jimin slipped into the room through the front door, trying to be as quiet as possible. His parents worked late, and treasured all the sleep that they got—he didn’t want to wake them.

“Hey, Jimin, where’ve you been?” A quiet, groggy voice asked from the couch, making Jimin shriek in surprise.

“Appa! I didn’t know you were awake!” Jimin said as his dad flicked a lamp on. He smiled the contagious smile that Jimin saw every morning in the mirror.

“Yeah, I have a problem at work that’s been bothering me for a while,” He replied, patting the seat next to him on the sofa. Jimin took it gratefully, glad to be off his feet after a long night. “Won’t let me get any sleep.”

“Yeah.” Jimin nodded, head tipped back against the back of the sofa. He felt his eyes drifting shut, and tried to force them open. His dad and him used to get a lot of together time, but lately, with his dad’s tight working schedule, they didn’t talk as much. “Hey, dad, what would you say, if uh, potentially, um.” Jimin heaved a sigh, not knowing if it was the right time to tell his dad something that had been on his mind for a while, “If I was attracted to a gender that maybe wasn’t female,” He said in a rush, squeezing his eyes shut, not wanting to see his father’s reaction, “And if maybe I’m really, really crushing on this one guy but I don’t know what to do and I can’t think about anything other than him?”

“Well, I would say that this guy better be damn worth it,” His father said in his calm, soothing voice, ruffling Jimin’s hair up, “And I’d also tell you something that I haven’t told anyone except for your mother.” Jimin leaned forward, eager to hear his father’s tale, “Back in college, I was dating a guy when I met your mother.”

“Appa, really?” Jimin cried out, jumping to his feet, “Are you serious?”

Jimin’s dad laughed, “I am serious. I know that you think we’re going to judge you and be close minded, but you’ll find that your mother and I are a lot more accepting than most people.”

Jimin gave his dad a small hug, glad that such a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders.

“And also, I’d like to say that I’m surprised about this, but I’m really not,” Jimin looked at his father questioningly, “Son, you obviously haven’t figured out how to delete your browsing history.”

“DAD!”

 

©

 

“I’m not ing kidding Hoseok, this kid was at the club,” Yoongi snapped into his phone, not wanting to put up with J-Hope’s .

“There’s no way!” J-Hope protested, “Jimin seemed so nice and polite, definitely not like someone who would go clubbing every Friday night.”

“Yeah, well, you clearly don’t know much about Park Jimin,” Yoongi replied, throwing his body back into his bed.

J-Hope whistled through the phone, chuckling, “Damn, you sound irritated. ual frustration much?”

“Shut the hell up,” Yoongi groaned, “I can’t get this stupid kid out of my head, and I don’t particularly want to have with a ing freshman, attractive as hell or not.”

“Maybe it’s not just ,” J-Hope mused playfully, “Maybe there’s more to it.”

“You still drunk?” Yoongi drawled, still not in the mood for J-Hope’s , “Because I can hang up on you, you know.”

“Ah, but you won’t,” Hoseok giggled wildly, “Because without me, you and I both know that you and your love life would crash and burn. Oh wait… what love life?”

“Screw you,” Yoongi groaned, regretting ever calling the dancer.

“Not screw me, screw Jimin.”

“JUNG HOSEOK I SWEAR TO ING GOD!”

Beep

Beep

Beep

Yoongi groaned impatiently and threw his phone onto the nightstand next to him.


:))))))))))))))))))))))