wow, fantastic baby

The Secret Life of Park Jimin

for dayana and kimberly, i hear about dayana all the time and this is a late birthday present for being on my always via diana/dei/juren  and thanks kimberly for giving me that push to finally post this revised chapter.

i have most of the other chapters edited, but the final ones need to be written. i wanted to post this when the entire fic was done, but i didn't realize how many people were re-reading it. i won't be posting any of the other chapters until i have written the entire fic, so please be on the lookout for that.

again, thanks to everyone who has stuck with this story even though i know ive been pretty ty.

<3,

kungfucoffee

 


 

 

Na nana na na

Na nana na na

Wow, fantastic, baby

Boom shakalaka, boom shakalaka, I wanna dance, dance dance, wow, fantastic baby.

Park Jimin stood on the bus that he took every day to school, earbuds firmly embedded in his ears. Big Bang and B.A.P were pretty much the only way he got through the morning ride to school. He gazed out the window and watched the bus pull up to his stop, looking down and checking his phone for the umpteenth time as his light brown hair fell into his eyes. He stepped down from the bus with a sigh, not looking forward to the day.

As a “nerd”, the nickname given to him by his fellow classmates at Sakyung College Prep because of his large glasses and love for anime and gaming, his peers weren’t the nicest. It wasn’t uncommon for him to come to his gym locker after PE and find a mean message, or to sit down at his desk and find the day’s lesson in his work book already torn out.

Mondays were the worst, but the week had to start somewhere. He pushed his large glasses up the bridge of his nose and started towards the looming school building, pulling his phone out of his back pocket. There were 23 new messages from JEONJungkookie and 2 from Taehyungie. Most of them were telling Jimin to meet them in the courtyard—the two took the same bus to school and always got there about 10 minutes earlier than Jimin did.

He lifted his Chicago Bulls snapback off his head and rearranged his hair as he entered the school building, making a beeline for the courtyard. Students bustled around the campus, trying to get to their class. Friends greeted each other after the weekend in loud cheers and groans.

As he passed through the locker lined halls, he tried to stuff his cell phone back into his pocket. A student, hastily trying to get to her locker, bumped into Jimin, making him drop his cell phone. It landed on the floor with a crack, making Jimin curse under his breath. Just as he was bending down to pick it up, the halls fell silent.

“Yah, Suga, still hungover from last night?”

Jimin stood up, phone in hand, watching the four most powerful guys at Sakyung College Prep walk down the hall. J-Hope, or Hoseok, had an arm slung around Suga’s shoulder. Suga had on a pair of sunglasses, and his black beanie was pulled down low over his newly red dyed fringe. Rap Monster strolled next to Suga, enormous headphones blocking the rest of the world from  his own. Jin bounced alongside J-Hope, the two chattering about whatever had happened the day before.

The four strolled down the hall like they owned it, and to any innocent bystander, it looked like they did. Everyone was silent and out of their way, watching them in awe and admiration.

"Yeah, last night was hella lit,"  Rap Monster chuckled, slinging an arm around Jin's shoulder as well. "I could have sworn I saw Suga about to get laid."

“What happened to that girl, anyways?” J-Hope asked Suga, a smirk curling his lips. The girls lining the silent halls began giggling behind their hands, wondering who it could be, “Didn’t suit your taste?”

Suga just shrugged, scratching the back of his head, “Dunno. Maybe.”

The four stopped right in front of Jimin, who was too awestruck to notice. The friends exchanged sly looks.

“Mind moving?” Rap Monster asked, tilting his head to the side. His eyebrows formed perfect arches, framed by his pristine silver blonde locks.

“We’d like to get to our lockers,” J-Hope added, scooting up to Jimin with a toothy, suspicious grin plastered on his face, “If you don’t mind.”

Jimin gulped, feeling his cheeks turning red, “Ah, m-me?” He pointed to himself, stuttering.

“Who else in the damn hallway is standing in front of our lockers?” Suga snapped, obviously already frustrated, “God. .”

“S-sorry! I’ll move! Sorry!” Jimin squeaked out, scurrying away. The four watched him go, chuckling.

“Weren’t you a little hard on him?” Jin wondered as he entered the combination for his lock, “I’ve never seen him around before, maybe he’s new.”

“Doubt it.” Rap Monster replied, shaking his head, “He’s just a nobody that we don’t have to worry about. Plus, I mean, he didn't look that scared."

“I was scared shitless, okay?” Jimin yelled at his two chortling friends in the courtyard later on that day during lunch, “I thought they were going to beat me up or something!”

“That’s your own damn fault for dropping your phone,” Jungkook muttered as he rearranged his backpack on his shoulders, tired from carrying the amount of books that he did.

And for not moving out of the way,” Taehyung added just as the warning bell rang. The three got up and started walking towards their classroom. They were close friends for two reasons, the most important one being that they all shared the same class. “You’re a real , Jimin.”

“Look who’s talking, god!” Jimin retorted, punching Taehyung on the arm, “The two of you are awful. And you never remember the dance moves to our choreos!” The three, self titled XYZ, had bonded not just over their shared homeroom but also their love of dancing. They mostly performed at local music events and the like. Jimin and Jungkook came up with most of the dances while Taehyung tagged along and participated so that he could spend more time with his friends. He did have to admit, however, dancing had grown on him.

The dance crew had also earned a large amount of popularity online, especially on an international scale. Their YouTube channel, where they posted the videos of their dance performances and the occasional dance practice, had over 10,000 subscribers, many of whom were from America, Europe or Australia. Each member’s Instagram also had thousands of followers.

Jungkook smacked the back of Taehyung’s head, groaning.

“Shh! You need to shut your damn mouth, God! This is why we call you !” Jungkook hissed, rolling his eyes. “Jeez.” While XYZ had international fame, they were very careful to not let anyone at school know of their identities out of school. They liked to keep both lives separate; all of them had blocked schoolmates on Instagram if they started following them.

“At least I don’t spend all of my time learning girls group choreos!” Jimin shot back as he walked towards his seat. Taehyung took his seat next to him.

“If Kookie didn’t learn his dances then how else would you stare at his ?” Taehyung pointed out. The three continued their banter until the teacher arrived to class.

Back in the first corridor, Suga stuffed the books that he would need for the day into his backpack, not that he would ever use them. As he straightened back up, he noticed a phone lying on the floor. He glanced around—the other three were standing around talking about Big Bang’s new comeback—no one else was still in the hall. Suga picked the phone up and tucked it into a pocket of his backpack.

“Ay Suga, hurry the up!”

The four hurried down the hall to their first class.

A couple hours later, Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook got on the bus to Jungkook’s house. He was by far the richest of the three, with parents as lawyers who supported everything he did. They had an entire dance practice room just for him, and the three liked practicing there.

After going through a couple of songs for their next performance, they started messing around. It started with them just dancing to Something by Girls Day. Before they knew it, they had moved on to Touch My Body, then Miniskirt, and finally,  American music.

“Why are there so many English songs about butts?” Taehyung asked, scrolling through Spotify. “Ooh, this one sounds good.”

“My anaconda don’t. My anaconda don’t. My anaconda don’t want none unless you got buns, hun.”

Jimin jumped up and started dancing, an enormous grin on his face. The other two started laughing uncontrollably, and Jungkook whipped out his phone to video tape. A minute later, a video was uploaded on Instagram of Jimin twerking.

The three dissolved into laughter as Nicki Minaj continued to rap. Jungkook began rapping along, using a high-pitched falsetto as Jimin squirmed around, doing something that vaguely resembled dancing. Taehyung pulled his laptop to him and scrolled through his unread emails, seeing if he had any that were of importance from school. XYZ was important, but school was also very important to the three of him.

Taehyung’s eyes caught sight of an email from the director at their school. He quickly opened it, reading quickly in case it was urgent or he was in trouble.

“Guys! Guys!” He yelled over the music, making the other two jump in alarm, “Read this!”

Jungkook leaned over Taehyung’s shoulder, reading some of it aloud, “We are in need of a second performance at our school, and we understand that you are part of a dance group, XYZ. If you would be up for it, we would love for you to do a few songs at our Homecoming basketball game. I assume you know who the Bangtan Boys of Sakyung are; they will be performing as well. Best regards, blah blah blah,” Jungkook paused for a moment, forehead creasing, “The Director at school wants us to perform at Homecoming?” He shrieked into Taehyung’s ear as he realized the implications, “That’s in two days!”

“Hey, calm down!” Jimin said once he was also done reading, “We should do it. We can wear face masks so that no one figures us out, and we’ll get the money.”

“118,000 won is a lot of money (I think it’s 100 USD, not positive).” Taehyung added, “Plus, we’ll be able to perform on the same stage as Bangtan.”

“If we’re good enough, maybe people will like us more!” Jungkook said dreamily, throwing himself onto his back and staring up at the ceiling, drowning in his fantasy.

“So should I say yes?” Taehyung asked, opening a new response to the email.

“Yeah, I think we should do it,” Jimin nodded, grinning widely, “We can just use some of the songs we’ve been practicing.”

“Well, we should get started then, I still don’t understand the stupid feet shuffle at the beginning,” Taehyung commented, pulling the music up on his phone. The other two nodded and clambered to their feet, getting ready for another long session perfecting their choreographies.

When they were finally done, it was already 11 at night. Jimin waved to his friends from the bus stop, feeling proud of how much they’d gotten done. He finally went to sleep at one in the morning, after eating some dinner, taking a shower, and doing all of his homework.

The next day, the three dragged themselves to class, tired from their practice the night before. Jimin rubbed his eyes as he walked away to go get a book from his locker. He blinked a couple of times to clear his vision, stumbling into both people and walls. He was just opening his water bottle to take a sip when he tripped and flew into someone.

“Yah punk, watch where you’re going!” A voice that sounded way too much like Min Suga’s barked at him, making Jimin’s eyes fly wide open. Twice in two days—what even was his luck? “Oh, it’s the from yesterday.”

“O-oh, sorry!” Jimin muttered, bowing, “I’m tired and wasn’t looking where I was going.”

“Damn right you should be sorry,” Suga growled, his eyes piercing into Jimin’s now wide ones. “My shirt is ruined because of you.”

“It’s just water, it’ll dry,” Jimin said, panicked.

“My shirt is white,” Suga hissed, “You want me to walk around with everyone staring at my see through shirt? This kid.” He held out his hand, “Give me your sweatshirt.”

“Huh?” Jimin gaped at Suga, open mouthed, still staring at what he realized was Suga’s now transparent shirt.

“Did I stutter? Give me your ing hoodie!” Suga exclaimed, glaring at Jimin, who scrambled to yank his sweatshirt over his head. Jimin handed it to the elder with shaking hands, “watch where you’re going next time, .”

Jimin watched Suga stalk off, still shaking slightly from the scare. As Suga entered his classroom he pulled the sweatshirt over his head. He sniffed it, breathing in the ’s admittedly nice scent and settled down into his seat, pulling the hood up over his head and burrowing his face into the soft, wonderfully smelling sleeves. He’d have to watch out for that kid. Suga had never really seen him around before but he was interesting, with his clumsy ways and enormously cute glasses.