Bon Voyage

Tug of war
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


Fans: "Nu'Est -- Nu'Est-- Nu'Est -- Nu'Est!!!"

The chanting of the crowd just beyond the doors of the waiting area to which the group is being held stirs their nerves. Ren, who is having the sleeves of his oversized sweater rolled up by Minhyun stares passed him at both Baekho and JR who are sharing in a conversation with Aron. Minhyun raises his hand, and turns Ren's face away from the others and back to him.

Minhyun: "stop emotionally cutting."

Ren: "I can't help it. They still haven't spoken to me."

Minhyun: "they'll get over it, don't worry."

Ren: "you said that two weeks ago."

Minhyun: "yeah, I know."

Ren: "and you said that Jonghyun would have to speak to me because we shared a room. Then the next day he moved all my things into your room, and swapped me for Aron hyung."

Minhyun: "okay -- I get it --"

MC: "hello boys!"

They each turn to face the man who has just entered the room, acknowledging him with a respectful bow.

MC: "are you all ready?"

JR: "yes, we are."

MC: "okay, right this way."

They follow accordingly, right down a long hallway and into what looks to be an auditorium. The MC leads the introduction and the members step onto the stage, waving to their fans who are engaged in a round of applause. The MC stands in front of a table where they are to be seated; his hand waves over it and the members usher themselves toward the seats provided for them.
Minhyun reaches out and grabs a hold of Aron's hand, pulling him back toward him. Confused by what's going on, he spins around and shoves Minhyun back playfully. He reaches out once again and grabs a hold of the back of his collar, separating him from the flock.

Aron: "what are you doing?"

Minhyun: "hyung, Grab a hold of Baekho-yah."

Aron: "why?"

Minhyun: "we need to fix this little situation."

Aron: "I don't get it."

Minhyun grunts and pushes passed Aron, reaching out and grabbing a hold of Baekho's wrist, allowing Ren to step by him. JR seats himself first, Ren right beside him. Minhyun pinches Baekho's cheeks playfully then sends him off confused. As he steps toward his seat, he is startled by Ren already sitting there. He turns sharply to grab another seat but both chairs quickly become occupied, Aron beside him
And Minhyun at the tables end.

MC: "please -- please, have a seat Baekho."

JR turns his head slowly, his eyes meeting with Ren. His smile quickly fades away, while Baekho seats himself hesitantly. Ren, stone faced stares straight ahead, pretending not to notice the awkward atmosphere surrounding him. Baekho reaches for the back of his head and scratches nervously while reaching out for the marker placed directly in front of him. Aron leans over and nudges Minhyun, fiddling with his own Marker, popping its cap open and closed repeatedly.

Aron: "I still don't get it -- what's going on?"

Minhyun: "We need to get them back on speaking terms hyung."

Aron: "Ohhhh!!! I thought that you were really trying to make 'Minron' happen."

Minhyun: "Babo!"

Aron: "do you think that this is really going to work?"

Minhyun: "well -- things can't possibly get any worse, can they?"

The fans begin lining up, and Ren turns his head to his side finally acknowledging JR.

Ren: "are you ever going to forgive me?"

JR: "I haven't made any plans to."

Ren: "I said I'm sorry -- how many times do I have to apologize?"

JR: "until you actually mean it..."

Ren: "you think that I didn't mean it?"

JR: "you don't mean anything you say. You love me Monday, then Baekho Tuesday, me on Wednesday and so on and so forth."

Ren: "that's not really fair Jonghyun..."

JR: "now we're picking and choosing what's fair in this whole situation? I want you tell me anything that's been fair in all of this."

Ren's eyes lower, and his head follows suit. Staring down at the market being clutched tightly in his hands.

Ren: "Jonghyun -- "

JR: "hey!!"

A fan makes her way down the line, tears streaming down her face, a poster stretched out by her hand across the table. She holds it in place directly in front of Ren, her hand trembling as she lays it flat.

Ren: "hi!"

He exclaims while popping the top off of his marker and signing his name directly beneath his picture.

Fan: "oh my god, I love you so -- so much!"

Ren: "Aww -- I love you too."

Ren turns his attention back to JR who is holding on strong to the faux smile he is expressing while making eye contact with the fan. As she slides her poster on over to him he continues to ignore Ren. His elbows rest against the table, and Baekho's touch his by accident. Ren turns his attention toward Baekho, his stare going unnoticed.

Ren: "Baekho..."

Wearily, he turns to face Ren. A lingering smile slowly fading as his eyes meet with Ren's.

Fan: "can I please take a picture of you two. Please -- please -- please! Oh my god!"

Baekho: "I don't --"

Ren: "sure."

His brows narrow as he continues to stare at Ren who scoots his chair closer to him. Baekho scoffs, before throwing his arm across Ren's back, and hugging him snugly. The pair press their faces closer, resting their cheeks against one another. The fan squeals, trembling while holding out her camera. Both Ren and Baekho shoot a peace sign before becoming completely consumed by the cameras flash.
The fan singing ends almost as abruptly as it began and the members are escorted back into the holding area. Ren, the last to enter stands directly in between both JR and Baekho who are seated on opposite ends of the room. He turns to face them but they both turn away once eye contact is made, shutting him out completely. Minhyun waves him over, and he sighs softly while making his way toward he and Aron.

Minhyun: "so -- did you guys talk?"

Aron: "no."

Minhyun: "I wasn't asking you."

Aron: "I was sitting right next to Baekho, I didn't hear anything."

Minhyun: "hush!"

Ren: "he's right. They played nice in front of the fans, but after the last fan left the room they just acted as if I wasn't even there."

Minhyun: "don't worry -- things will change soon, don't worry."

Aron: "pffft!"

Minhyun: "you don't believe that things will change?"

Aron: "I uh -- I uh..."

Ren: "it's okay, you can be honest hyung."

Aron: "I don't think that things will ever be the same. I've spoken to both of them about it and they don't seem
to think that it would be a good idea to just forgive you."

Ren lowers his head, and Minhyun reaches out to grab a hold of him, pulling him in for a hug.

Minhyun: "don't listen to him Ren-ah --"

He pulls away, and rolls down his sleeves, slinking his hands within them, allowing his fingers to curl around the ends, clasping onto the fabric tightly.

Ren: "he's right... Why would they ever want to forgive me? I wouldn't forgive me."

Minhyun: "Ren --"

The MC returns, and as he is about to speak Ren steps passed him abruptly, exiting the room. Minhyun looks to Aron and the two nod to one another before Aron follows, Chasing behind Ren.

Aron: "yah! -- where are you going?"

He continues to rush forth, exiting the building and making his way down the busy street.

Aron: "yah!"

Aron pushes pass the the crowd of people, stretching his hand out and continuously trying to grasp at the back of his shirt unsuccesfully. A change on the traffic light occurs and Ren is forced to finally stand still as he awaits the oncoming traffic to stop so he can cross the street.

Aron: "R- R- Ren -- w-wait! Please!"

Ren: "Aron hyung? did you follow me?"

Aron: "I wanted to make sure that you were okay -- and to ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter