No place like home

Tug of war
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
                              A deep sigh is released just as soon as Baekho seats himself. His attention is turned to his right, and he stares out of the window and onto the Tarmac below, he grows more and more impatient for the plane he is on to take off. Upon being one of the first to enter the aircraft, he sits in silence, awaiting the other passengers to make their entrance.           He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone, turning his attention away from the window and unto it. Both cheeks filled with air, he blows lightly, lips flutter, and a whirring sound is made as he attempts to bypass time by looking through the pictures in his phone. He smiles softly, as a reaction to the several photos of he and S.Coups he is now looking at.              Several minutes go by, and passengers enter the aircraft. He inhales sharply, then exhales when a picture of he and Ren comes across his screen. His soft smile returns, as the memory of that day is triggered, his eyes close and he is instantly taken back years ago, when the photo was taken.    Baekho: "come on, it's not that hard Ren-ah!"   Ren: "that's easy for you to say, you're good at this."   Baekho: "just let go of the railing and come to me. I'll hold your hand and guide you."   Ren: "the problem is me getting to you."               Baekho chuckles lightly, his arms extend outward and he stares at Ren as clutches onto the railing as if his life depended on it. His knees practically buckling and the bladed skates on his feet unable to keep still. His body slings back and forth, inches away from the ground as he tries to hold himself up.            Baekho shakes his head and he glides over with ease and stops beside Ren. His arms reach out and grab a firm hold of Ren's waist, with his own strength, he holds him upright. Ren turns to face Baekho and he attempts to force a smile, which causes Baekho to laugh loudly.    Baekho: "too cute."   Ren: "quit it!"   Baekho: "I've got you, you can let go now. I promise that I won't let you fall."   Ren: "okay, hold on. Just give me a second."             His hands tremble, and he raises them only to slam them back down to where they were, grabbing a firmer grip. He looks back at Baekho with sadness in his eyes.    Ren: "I'm sorry, just leave me here. I know that this can't be fun for you."   Baekho: "i said that I'd teach you, it's the only reason that I'm even here. Don't worry, even if we stay here all day, I don't mind."   Ren: "you're just saying that to be nice."   Baekho: "I guess that I'm just going to have to prove it to you."              Ren looks down at his gloved hands, exhaling deeply, his breath thinly coated with smoke, the cool breeze cutting at his lips. He raises his hands above his head and turns to face Baekho with a grin that extends from ear to ear. Baekho nods in encouragement watching Ren's subtle progress, his hands resting at his waist. His body wobbles about and his hands sharply lower, latching themselves onto Baekho's.   Ren: "I'm sorry."   Baekho: "for what?"   Ren: "holding your hands so tightly."   Baekho: "you can't hurt me, it's okay. Are you ready to move?"   Ren: "yes?"   Baekho: "it's okay, if you're not, I told you, we can stay right here the whole day."   Ren: "no, I'm ready, let's--"   Loud speaker: "Ladies and Gentlemen, if you will, please step off of the ice."   Ren: "w-what's going on?"   Baekho: "they have to clean the ice. After it's done everyone can get back on."            He says while trying to refrain from laughing at Ren's confusion. The other skaters exit the rink, one by one, exiting through the opening right behind he and Ren. He sighs softly as he turns his face toward Baekho.   Baekho: "we need to--"   Ren: "I heard!"   Baekho: "sorry."   Ren: no, I'm sorry. We've been here for hours and we barely moved from The entrance."   Baekho: "ah, it's okay. You'll do better next time."               Ren reaches out to grab a hold of the banister once again. Baekho turns and glides right out of the door. He stands on the opposite end of Ren guiding him, while he drags himself alongside the barricade, eventually making his way off of the ice and out of the rink.   Baekho: "okay, just sit right over here, I'm going to be right back."   Ren: "w-where are you going?"   Baekho: "to get our shoes from The lockers."   Ren: "I thought that we were going to go back out there."   Baekho: "oh, did you really want to?"   Ren: "...no..."   Baekho: "I figured."   Ren: "you know me so well Baekho-yah."   Baekho: "I know. I'll be right back."   Ren: "okay."           Baekho hobbles away on his skates. Ren pulls out his phone but continues to just stare at Baekho and smiles watching him get lost in the crowd. He raises his phone and reads all the text messages sent to him by JR. Several minutes pass and Ren grows restless, he stands up and his knees wobble while trying to maintain his balance. They give way and he is seated once again forcefully.           He shakes his head and scoffs softly, crouched over, his fingers loosen the skates laces. His head raises and he smiles softly as Baekho steps from out of the crowd, holding two cups while making his way back toward him.             Ren: "where are our shoes?"   Baekho: "still in the locker. I just wanted to get us some hot cocoa first to celebrate."   Ren: "celebrate what? I didn't do anything."   Baekho: "you let go of the wall today, and you were ready to go! That's progress Ren-ah!"             Ren giggles softly, cheeks blushed pink. Baekho hands him his cup before sitting beside him. Ren looks down at the heart shape formed in the cream hovering atop the actual cocoa. He smiles while blowing on the beverage to cool it down. The two lock eyes as they both sip from their cups simultaneously.    Ren: "you always know how to cheer me--"   Baekho: "what?"               Ren places his cup down and raises his hands to cover his face as he laughs quite loudly while starinv across at Baekho. Ren cackles even louder as Baekho's eyebrows raise in confusion, The creamed froth from the drink layered above his lip and on his nose. A boy passing by is hailed to a stop, as Ren motions with his hand for the boy to come over.    Boy: "huh?"   Ren: "hi, can you take a picture of me and my friend here."   Man: "sure."   Ren: "come Baekho-yah, get closer."             Baekho scoots over and the two press their cheeks up against one another. Ren raises his hand and shoots the peace sign, while Baekho who smiles from behind his frothy mask just raises his cup in the air. The flash goes off and Baekho stares down at the photo in his phone, and laughs under his breath while recalling the memory behind the picture.             An elderly woman attempts to place her bags in the storage unit above, Baekho stands up immediately upon watching her struggle, in order to assist her, placing his phone back in his pocket. He bows to her and reaches out grabbing a hold of her bag and placing it beside his. The two sit down and she smiles cheerfully at him.   Elderly woman: "thank you young man."   Baekho: "it's no problem Ahjumma."   Elderly woman: "you look very handsome by the way, it's always good to see youth still like to dress up."   Baekho: "oh, thank you very much!"              Baekho smiles brightly, placing his hand on his tie as he adjusts it. His hands glide down with it still in his grasp, upon reaching the end of it he can hear S.Coups laughter echoing in his mind. His head lowers, and as it raises he is brought back to a week before he left to Jeju.    S.Coups: "you're kidding, right?"   Baekho: "of course I am."   S.Coups: "you so weren't kidding!"   Baekho: "fine! I wasn't kidding. But what am I suppose to do? I want to look nice for my family on Christmas."   S.Coups: "fine, I'll help you with that. But first things first, you should never ever tell anyone that you only wear clip on ties."   Baekho: "fiiiiine."           S.Coups continues to laugh while shaking his head. He steps away from Baekho then motions for him to follow behind him as they continue on their search for the perfect Tie. They both stop abruptly upon reaching a rather large display, showcasing a multitude of different ties.   S.Coups: "okay, go ahead, pick one."   Baekho: "okay, how about this one."   S.Coups: "uh... Maybe you should pick another one."   Baekho: "I was just kidding, I just wanted to see what--"   S.Coups: "mmmhmm."              Baekho raises his hand, and cups his chin in between a curled index finger and thumb. S.Coups giggles under his breath at the amount of concentration it is taking for him to pick out the right one. Baekho reaches out and with his fingertips, touches one, only to have S.Coups shake his head in disapproval.   Baekho: "heh... I was--"   S.Coups: "'just kidding', yeah, I know."             His hand raises to cover his mouth while he attempts mask a smile. Baekho returns to his previous position and hums under his breath as he makes sure to observe each and every tie on the display rack.    Baekho: "how about this--you show me the one you would pick and I'll see if it's the same one that I really want to pick."    
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter