e p i l o g u e

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Dear you,

I just thought you might hit your head someday and remember that you loved me.

Love at first sight never happened the first time we met. I was this random girl from our year feeling all rebellious to the world and you were the smart top student every teacher adored. We were never in of speaking terms. Funny when I flunked half of my classes, the teachers forced you to help me out, just for me to pass high school. I pushed you away at first, ditching every study session we had. Remember that day you found me smoking with the university girls I knew? You threw away the cigarette I was holding, grabbed my hand so tightly and pulled me away from them. You never let go. You said you genuinely wanted to help me. You said you wanted to see me chase whatever dreams I have and become the great person I would become. And the first step to that, according to you, was to help me pass all my classes and graduate from high school. Of course I passed, barely, because you did your best to help me.

I thought that was the end of you saving me. But I was wrong. I was shattered and broken the next time you saw me. Miserable and disgusted with myself, all I wanted to do back then was to jump off that bridge, fill my lungs with water, drown and get carried away by the fast current. But you called out my name and stopped me from committing such horrid thing. It’s funny how that was a rainy day too, just like today.

And little by little, step by step, you fixed me. I didn’t know how it happened but you did. And for the third time, you saved me again. You gave me your heart and your soul, because mine was unfixable.

I am sorry I acted the way I did that night. I will forever be sorry. I could never forgive myself because I led you to the hellish fate you had. It was a very lame reason for a fight, but still I got angry to you. I yelled at you and said horrible things to you. Forgive me so I could forgive myself.

I thought you were the one afraid of oblivion. But I guess I am a lot more afraid than you are. When you were in your slumber, I came to the hospital every day. Each night I pray that the next morning you would finally open your eyes and kiss me again. I was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter