second

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There’s no way for people who are not close to him to tell that he had lost his memory. He still orders the same drink in the same pub with the same people he was with years ago. He might not remember the taste, or the place, or even the things that had happened there, but the feeling remained. It is still there, sitting at the pit of his gut, screaming silently, waiting patiently to be acknowledged.  It is familiar yet new to him, different but unstrange all at the same time.

He let himself drown with the music echoing through the whole place. This night, a new local band took up the stage, playing covers of songs from classics to the latest. He must admit they are good for a rookie, and he thinks they would go a long way.

His mood tonight is good. He had a good laugh with his old friends, had a sweet taste of alcohol lingering in his mouth, and a nice tune that he could hum along with. He feels a little light-headed, as a matter of fact. This has to be one of the best nights of his second life.

The band played another song, this time an acoustic version of some song from the 50s, at least that’s what the vocalist said.  He didn’t know why, but somehow it sounded familiar to him. The singer started singing the first verse, and the melody kicked him somewhere. The song sounded nice, but as he listened to the lyrics, indescribable feeling crept down to his spine.

Earth angel, earth angel, the one I adore

Love you forever and ever more

As the song progressed, the indescribable feeling grows. His hand shakes, the bottle he’s holding slips out of his grasp. His vision spins, and the words echo inside his head like a record stuck on repeat. His head throbs, like a time bomb ticking to explode.  

I’m just a fool

A fool in love with you

Before he lost his consciousness, he realized the song sounded so much like home to him.

 

//

 

“I hope and I pray, that someday, I’ll be the vision of your happiness,” he heard her giggled as she stood by the doorframe. His voice resonated around their humble flat, along with the chords he was playing. She jump to their bed, and laid her head on his thighs.

“Earth angel, earth angel, please be mine” he strummed the last strings as the song ended. She clapped her hands and cheered, and soon enough, the guitar on his lap was gone. She replaced the guitar, sitting where it was a moment ago, and faced him, her arms on both of his shoulders. Again she giggled as she gave his cheek a peck.

“Why are you laughing?” he a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter