third

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tell me again why our humble home is glimmering with lights when Christmas is still nine months away.”

 

 

He set his bag down the table and moved closer to the redhead squatting on the floor, white Christmas lights tangled around her. He thought he’d find her painting away her heart out when he gets home, but here she is, looking like a glowing goddess like Aphrodite herself decided to decorate their home with hundreds of tiny sparkling lights. She looked so perfect just sitting there, with the lights illuminating her red hair. It stood out even more because of the white long-sleeved blouse she wore and the dusk slowly creeping the skies. Her forehead was creased in concentration as she untangle the cord of littlelights around her. A slow classical music was playing somewhere around the area that matched the rainy mood. To him, it is one of the moments he wished to capture where he could keep the memory for them.  So he took out his camera and with a click, he snapped the frozen image away.

 

“I think putting these lights will make the ambience a little more cozy. And romantic.” He heard her answer. Still, her eyes never left the glowing mess around her. He did not fail to notice the changes she made in the interior of their flat. The couch that once greeted him the moment he enters was pushed back to the window. The TV set was unmoved, and he’s guessing it was because she could not move the cabinet all by herself. The round maroon carpet she was sitting on complemented the mahogany floor. But what caught his attention the most are the photographs hung against the white wall.

 

It was their photo line. There were a few candid shots of him doing random things. A few shots he remembered posing because she forced him to. Some were their couple selcas. But most of them were her. A lot were candid yet still beautiful. After all, she was his favorite subject.

 

He saw her stand as she finally untangled the lights. Then she put them around her shoulders like a Las Vegas showgirl .

“Where are you planning to put those?”

 

She pointed the photo line. “The light will emphasize the depths in your photos. They will look more alive because of the shadowy feel casted on them. Plus, it’s the scene stealer. Don’t deny it.”

 

He chuckled at her words. There’s no denying that her artistic perspective is beyond excellent. She was a natural. She was born an artist.

 

He stepped inside the circle of the lights and joined her as she wrapped the yellow glows around her to keep them from getting tangled again.

 

“So, I have to admit that the new carpet is comfy under my feet.”

“Of course, I chose it.”

“And the photographs. I see that you found them.”

“I didn’t. They weren’t hidden at the first place. And they are beautiful, so you should show them off. It would be a pity if they would just be sitting under your table until they fade.”

“You’re right. Maybe one day I’ll display it on my photo exhibit entitled The Vanity of You and Me.”

“Shut up!” she lightly punched him in his sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter