Chapter 8

I Will Try (My Everlasting Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Good morning, Ms. Choi.”

“Oh, Mr. Park. Good morning.” The older man looked at her questioningly. She cleared uneasily. “I- I’m just passing by and wondering if Taeyeon-ssi is already inside.”

“Young Master won’t be here until noon. Is there anything you need? I’ll let her know.” Mr. Park told her kindly.

“There is nothing. But may I know where she is?”

She hopes the question didn’t sound too obvious and desperate since she was quite curious where the young Kim was.

“She didn’t say where, unfortunately.”

“Aah, well, thank you, Mr. Park. I’m just leaving.” She bowed to him which the older man returned.

Where is she? Taeyeon must be busy with her wife. Wife. Jessic-

“Oh I am sorry, Miss. I didn’t see you.” The person who bumped onto her apologized and helped her picking up her phone for her. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine, thank you.”

“Is your phone working?” The person curiously asked while waiting for her to check her phone.

She randomly pressed the lock button just to see if the phone was actually working fine. As the phone lightened up, she heard the other person gasped while pointing at the screen.

“Is that?” The person asked.

Surprised, she has made such mistake, she quickly slipped her phone inside her back pocket and turning to leave. “It’s not what you think. I’m sorry I’ve got to go.” She muttered leaving the person dumbfound.

Goodness. That was close. I recognize her. She is one of the GK. The tallest.

That’s what Taeyeon told her when they were kids. The unbeatable group in their school. And yes, of course she remembered, they even have met. What was her name again? She couldn’t recall but one thing for sure they shared the same surname.

Ah. Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung.

“Just great.” She cursed under her breath.

 

*****

 

“Soojung.”

The young Jung sighed when she saw Yoona approached her.

“Boss.” The manager greeted their boss which Yoona just nodded.

“Can we talk, please?” Yoona’s eyes focused on Krsytal.

“I’m just leaving.” The manager excused himself, leaving the couple alone.

“Talk.”

“Not here, Soojung.” Yoona patiently waited for Krystal to agree.

Krystal annoyingly rolled her eyes letting Yoona took the lead to her office.

“I don’t have all day.” Krystal said once Yoona closed the office door.

“You know this thing is getting ridiculous.”

“What thing?”

“Ow I’m not playing this game with you, Soojung.” Yoona sternly looked at Krystal, her voice low and dangerous.

Krystal wouldn’t admit it but it sent a shiver down her spine.

“What game? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Keep playing innocent. So I see this is what you want, hm?”

Yoona had expected this reaction from Krystal. Cold shoulder. Silent treatment. She would never understand why Krystal made this such a big deal. It wasn’t like she fired that damn Kang Minhyuk. She even promoted him to the other branch. Now what did her girlfriend want from her?

“I see, then. You must be so exhausted since these past week. Right? Because I’ve been feeling so too.” Yoona said, her fingers tip pulling her long collar. Uneasy. Unwilling.

Krystal’s eyes widened, quite surprised at Yoona’s sudden confession. Before she could say anything Yoona already decided for her.

“Let’s just take a break. Shall we? I think it will do us good. We’ve been falling apart longer than we think. At least, it will give us time to figure out what happen between us. I’m tired of you keep ignoring me whenever we are home, Soojung. I don’t like that. I’m never the one could tolerate that kind of attitude, especially at my own house. And I think I’ve been quite patient waiting for you to talk to me.”

“You are cruel, Yoong. Do you know that?” A lone tear rolled down Krystal’s eye. Bitting her lip, she couldn’t believe how this whole situation has turned up.

“Oh so now I’m the cruel one. All right. I accept that. What else, hm? I love you, Soojung. I’m willing to do everything for you, even if it means I have to against this world just to be with you. But look at you! Would you do the same for me? Just because that Kang Minhyuk, you risk our relationship. That’s very mature of you, Soojung.” Yoona looked at her, a great disappointment written on her face. “Now, I’m done. You can leave now.” Refusing to look at Krystal any longer, Yoona turned her back on her.

Her whole body trembled as another roll of tears fell down. Krystal breathed heavily, mustered up every energy

she had left, so she spoke. “Right. I’m leaving. Leaving this company, leaving your house and leaving you for good.” With that Krystal left. No turning back.

 

*****

“Taeyeon, wake up. You are late.” Jessica softly whispered in her ear. “Taeyeon. My love.”

“Ugh.” It made Jessica smile when Taeyeon whined like that. “I don’t want to go anywhere today.”

“Nah-uh, baby, don’t be lazy.” Settling back down in Taeyeon’s arms, Jessica kissed Taeyeon’s fingers. “You should really go and get ready. Grandma wouldn’t give you some slack, you know that.”

“Oh come on, Grandma isn’t here. I’ll deal with her later in the office. If I meet her. Beside, I’ve told Mr. Park that I won’t be at the office until noon.”

“Why?”

“There is this meeting with some of the clients who are very conceited and stupid. I don’t want to deal with them. So I asked Mr. Park to deal with them instead but if they still insist another meeting, I’ll just send Ms. Choi to them.” With that Taeyeon grinned at her wife, feeling rather proud at her smart excuse.

Jessica hummed, silently studying her partner baby face.

“What is it?”

“What do you think the test result will be?"

Taeyeon knew Jessica was worried. And she had expected this kind of question from Jessica. Again.

“Everything will be okay, my love. I’ll make sure of it. Why are you so scared and nervous? You know everything will work out just fine.” Somehow Taeyeon was also curious what Jessica was thinking. It seemed Jessica had this inclination on what was going on. And honestly, Taeyeon was scared to hear that.

Jessica pondered for a second. She must have too worked up with this whole being pregnant thing. It was exciting to know she would be pregnant, yes that must be it. The excitement had caused her to be so nervous and scared at the same time. But she wouldn’t admit it instead of fluttering feeling, there was something else, more like she was feeling nausea. Why?

“Love.” Taeyeon ever so gently tapped her nose lightly to cut her from her train of thoughts.

“Nothing. I think I’m just being excited. That’s all.”

“Are you sure?”

Smiling, Jessica tuck her head under Taeyeon’s chin and nodded lightly. “I’m sure. I must have been too excited to think I could finally have a child with you.”

“Yes, of course. That must be it. Actually, you don’t have to worry too much. Like I said, everything will be alright, even if it’s not I’ll fix them myself. You trust me, don’t you?”

Rubbing Jessica’s shoulder gently, Taeyeon patiently waited for her answer.

“Always, Taeyeon.”

“Good. Stop worrying, okay?” Jessica just gave her another nod.

If only she could tell Jessica what she was thinking, everything would be easy. If only. Taeyeon wondered how Jessica would react if she ever finds out what Taeyeon has been hiding from her all this time.

Taeyeon thought back to the conversation she had with her father. She didn’t lie when she said she was terrified if Jessica ever found out she had been lying to her. But, she got an excuse, didn’t she? She lied for good reason. She selfishly thought so.

For her, Jessica was everything. It didn’t matter if she ever had an heir or not. As long as she had Jessica, this world was the better and happier place for her. It would only start to crumble and collide when she loses Jessica. Again.

And when that time comes, she knew she would neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter