Chapter 7

I Will Try (My Everlasting Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Eyelids fluttered open to a brightly lit room. She loved these days, the days that didn’t begin with an alarm blaring through the darkness.

“So, what do you want to do today?”

She heard a soft yet husky whisper behind her. Before she could answer, she felt a gentle kiss upon her shoulder. Smirking, she stopped the action before it was getting further by her finger. “I have a spinning class today and surprisingly, Jessica asked to join me.”

“Skip it, please. Just today.”

“Nah-uh, sorry, baby.”

“But you just got back from that damn long business trip.”

Rolling her eyes, she sighed at her girlfriend’s exaggeration. “Sooyoung, I was just gone for only two days. It was only a small representative requested by my father since he couldn’t make it due to the impending partnership he had to handle here. Anyway, I won’t skip spinning class today, Jessica seems so eager and that’s my job to find out. You know how many times has she rejected my offer for this?” Sooyoung shooked her head. “Way too many.”

“Ah. Guess, I have to learn to share.”

“Oh, Sooyoung, you still got my s and pizza.” Sunny said cheekily which Sooyoung returned with a smirk and a kiss.

 

------

 

“I’m surprised you actually asked to join me at this class. You look extremely happy though.”

Jessica gripped the handle bars as she pedaled faster. Smiling, she glanced over her companion for a second.

“Yah, what is it with that look?”

“I am happy.” Jessica emphasized. Her lips keep tugging upwards.

“Ooo, good ?”

“What? No! It’s not about that.” Her face flushed a little which made Sunny giggled.

“So?”

“Taeyeon and I, we make an appointment with an obstetrician this afternoon.”

“Wow, that’s huge. I mean it’s finally happening. That’s good.”

“Yup, I am excited but extremely nervous at the same time.” Jessica blew out a heavy sigh, stopped pedaling before turning to Sunny. Jessica always found it funny how they had gotten so close even after the entire ordeal. “This is such a big deal, right? I mean do you think…” She hesitated to continue.

Sunny finally stopped pedaling and turned her attention to her. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

Shaking her head, Jessica gave off a small smile, subtly yet hesitantly. “I don’t know. I am happy. I am happy that Taeyeon agreed to my request, finally made an effort to make this happen. But I don’t know if this is what she really wants. I want us to be on the same page to take this step. I don’t want her to just relent by this idea of having a baby only because I wanted to and I insisted to.”

“You know she loves you too much to not do anything you want. She wants to make you happy.”

 

-----
 

“I want to make her happy. I’ll do anything just to make that happen. Whatever it takes.” Taeyeon said after her mother took off to take care some things in the kitchen.

Sitting in her family garden with her father, Taeyeon had came early to visit their parents just after dropping her wife off at the spinning class. She told them about the appointment and her mother was beyond estatic to know Taeyeon made an effort.

“I know you, Taeyeon, and I am so proud of you.” She was thankful, her father has always been so supportive and she couldn’t have asked for more. “Are you happy?” And Taeyeon understood that, her father was just being a caring parent asking for their child’s feeling. “Taeyeon, although you mostly think about her happiness, I just want you to remember that your happiness isn’t any less important.”

 

-----
 

“Exactly. What about her happiness? What does she really want? I want to know, I want to care for what she wants too. Our happiness should be equal.” Sometimes, just sometimes, Jessica really wished Taeyeon could be more open about sharing her needs and her desire for their marriage.

“Jessica, I don’t know about you but the way I see it, what really matters to her is your happiness. And if you ever forget, let me remind you this, the happiness of your significant other is also your happiness.”

“Guess you’re right.”

“I know I am. You just have to make sure to always be there for her, to love her like you always do, Jessica. Come on, you’ll be fine, both of you will be fine. And I really can’t wait to have a nephew.”

Jessica laughed at that joke. Of course, she, herself, also couldn’t wait to hold a baby. “Thank you Sunny. It means a lot to me.”

“You’re welcome. Now, come on, we have to finish this and quickly get you ready for your appointment. Oh and don’t forget to tell Tiffany about this.” Sunny reminded her which Jessica flinched at that.

“Oh my God, she’s going to shoot everything because I haven’t told her any of this yet.”


-----

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter