Chapter 2

I Will Try (My Everlasting Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When she heard the water ran down hitting the bathroom granite, Jessica took the cue to slip off the bed. Shifting her nightgown then tying the strap, stretching some to relax her muscles. She thought of what Taeyeon’s attire should wear today before crossing the room directed to their walk in closet.

“Darling, you don’t have a meeting today, do you?” She called through the closet as she heard the water being turned off.

“I’m sorry, what?”

“I asked if you have meeting today or not?” She repeated but she chose to stand near the bathroom this time unless Taeyeon didn’t hear it clear enough.

The bathroom door opened revealing Taeyeon with the bathrobe on and her hair was in ponytail. “Oh, as far as I know I don’t have meeting to attend today, why?”

“I just need to pick your attire.” Jessica answered softly as she began to drag Taeyeon to their walk in closet who has to form an ‘o’.

Taeyeon must admit she was very impressed of how neat and clean their closet were despite of Jessica being the only one who did all the house work. She did feel sorry to let Jessica do all the work but her wife was just plain stubborn. Their clothes were arranged fashionably. Taeyeon’s attires were arranged in group according to every occasion she has to attend, from the lighter to the darker color. Same goes to Jessica’s.

“Okay then, here.” Jessica handed her blazer, slouchy T-shirt, leather pants and combat boots. “Perfect outfits.” She praised in a cheerful tone.

“Who is the husband here?”

"Yah! You supposed to say who is the wife here.” Taeyeon guffawed at that when Jessica adorably pinched her arm in a playful manner.

With her hands full of her attire, Taeyeon encircled her arms around her wife’s figure. “I feel like the luckiest person ever, do you know that?” Taeyeon told her in a very gentle tone. It tingles in Jessica’s ear and she couldn’t stand how gentle Taeyeon could become. “You’ve completed my life.”

“Have I?” Taeyeon nodded absentmindedly while her eyes slid close, her chin dropped on her wife’s shoulder.

Jessica smiled as an idea appeared in her mind. She spun around while Taeyeon staring back at her lovingly. Snaking her arms around Taeyeon’s neck, she let Taeyeon patched their bodies once more.

“You know what?” Taeyeon raises an brow while hummed softly. “I can make it double complete.” She grinned feeling proud at her unsaid idea.

“Oh? Then tell me, I’d like to hear it.”

Jessica leaned in as Taeyeon waited curiously. “I’d love to carry your babies. You, me, our babies. Complete.” Jessica whispered in her huskiest voice she could. In a way, Taeyeon really was feeling pleasure but at the same time, something sank inside her heart. “What do you say, hm, Taeyeon?” She asked as she leaned back staring at Taeyeon her eyes shine in glee.

Taeyeon could only blink, dumbstruck. She was lost at words at this very moment. Jessica was very determined to have child now, wasn’t she? But what Sooyoung and Yoona said was right, she couldn’t let Jessica wait forever now, could she? True, she was young but Jessica wasn’t anymore. Who ask her to fall in love with a person who is much older than her? Well, her stupid heart does and she didn’t regret it.

“Babies? You mean, you want to have more than a child?”

Jessica looked at her clearly amused at the way Taeyeon inquired her. “Yes, babies are gifts. And I love kids. Don’t you know what people said? According what I’ve heard many kids, many lucks.”

“Haaa, many kids many problems, haven’t you ever heard that too?” Jessica stuck her tongue out. “Besides, having kids means we don’t have much time for ourself anymore, Sica. I want to be able to take you to another honeymoon. We need to visit our summer house. What do you say?”

“Honeymoon?” Taeyeon wriggled her eyebrows. “You are going to take me to visit our summer house so soon? I mean it’s not even summer yet.” She rolled her eyes at Taeyeon dismissing the idea.

“Well, where do you want to go? I can take you anywhere and everywhere you want to. Just say it out loud, Sica. I’ll grant it.”

Jessica cupped Taeyeon’s nape lightly gripped it. “Let’s have babies, Taeyeon. I want a baby.” She said longingly, slightly shy and her voice was so soft and gentle that even Taeyeon hard to object.

 

======

 

“So, how have you been, Taeyeon? It’s been a while since our last meeting.”

She nodded her head at the woman in front of her. “I’ve been okay.”

“Okay, what is the topic of today's meeting?” The woman leaned back on her leather chair, eyes fixed at fidgeting Taeyeon. It has been like this if Taeyeon did recall it right. It was hard to open up to people at first, but this class has been forcing her to let this woman in bit by bit. How long has it been? Yes, exactly three years ago. That was after she recovered consciousness from her coma.

Her emotion was unstable, her mother had suggested her to take the classes. Therapy and counseling. Thanks to her ex-girlfriend that was now her wife who was staying by her side most of the times throughout her rough days.

For someone like Taeyeon, to talk her personal things to a stranger wasn't easy. The woman before her understood her so well. She knew when she should trigger Taeyeon to speak and when she just has to sit soundly without bothering a quiet Taeyeon who was nonchalant to her existence.

Throughout their session, Taeyeon would go grumpy and sometimes jumpy over the things she felt too uncomfortable over the questions the woman asked. Few times of the unfortunate sessions, the woman decided to let Taeyeon picked a topic to begin with. And today was no difference, she was definitely letting Taeyeon choose.

"Uhm.., Sica."

"Does she know you're coming?" Taeyeon shook her head twice. "Okay."

"I can't tell her that I've started to visit you again for months now. She...I don't think she would be happy."

"And why wouldn't she be happy? You're doing good things. Unless you’ve done something negative that I, her, and your family aren't aware of."The wave of calmness that left the woman's mouth somehow managed to bring anxiety to Taeyeon which she was beginning to feel it. “Have you, Taeyeon?” A blank stare, the woman got as a reply. “So you have?”

“I’m just…too stressed lately.” The woman nodded allowing her to continue. “So, I…I..smoke.”

A sigh of breath could be heard as Taeyeon lifted her bowing head up to see the woman across her looked at her concerned.

“Have you been drinking?”

“Only once when I left to oversea two weeks ago.” She whispered honestly.

“May I know why Taeyeon? What makes you seem so stressed lately?”

“There are lots of work to handle and she..Sica is being so whiney, clingy, and demanding, but I swear I only smoke one or two sticks when the things got messy and cluttered.” She confessed.

“Did you do it so often?” The woman leaned forward taking a sip of the cup of tea that have been sitting on her table since the beginning of the session.

“I only did it twice last month and once when I was on my way here.”

The woman frowned ceasing her brows. “It’s still early and I bet you haven’t gone to your office before you came here. Am I wrong?” A long pause before she resumed. “I take that as a no.” Taeyeon lowered her eyes somewhere else, away from the woman’s. “Why it seems so trouble in the early morning, Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon opened to speak but she was hesitant. Clearly, she didn’t know what to say. “I’m not yet…ready.”

The woman observed her rather skeptically. She pursed her lips before she took the liberty to end their session sooner than they have intended to. “Then we can continue this at our next appointment.”

“That’s not it.” It came out a bit faster than Taeyeon thought she should. Obviously for the woman, Taeyeon needed to get this out of her chest. So she leaned back, patiently waiting for Taeyeon to speak whatever in her mind. “She told me she wants…to conceive. I don’t know how…how to handle..how to confront her. So I’m not yet ready to face her breakdown if she found out the chance for her to get pregnant is real small or even close to zero.”

It was evident there was mixture of color in Taeyeon’s eyes if this news has reached Jessica’s ears, she will be facing a wrath or whatever worse is to come. A fright of losing someone she cherished and treasured the most, it was a terrible feeling. A guilt that has been hunting her since the moment she chose to keep this to herself. A sadness for her lover couldn’t create a new life like other woman could create a bundle of joy. A rage that hardly disappeared because of Jaehyun has ruined their future.

“She got in accident, a real bad one and she was out for few days. A stab on her lower belly. The doctor told me how her condition was and turned out the result like this. I can’t tell her about this nor I can avoid this forever. I realized sooner or later she’ll find out. I just.. can’t bear the thought of her leaving me again.” Taeyeon exhaled loudly. She ran her fingers through her raven hair.

“I see. You are afraid of how she will react over this matter.” Taeyeon nodded dejectedly. “If, I’m saying if, if she can get pregnant, will you be ready? Be a father figure to your child.”

“My friends told me.. Told me that I should even if I’m not.”

“Well, Taeyeon, I believe you’ll figure it out yourself once it’s happening. But for now, be ready to be brave. That’s my suggestion.”  The woman gave a small smile and the look in her eyes looks so kind.

Sharply, Taeyeon inhaled, silently debated with her inner self should she or should she not ask this question to the middle aged woman in front of her. “Me, myself, isn’t healthy. My anger issue.”

“You are no longer like that Taeyeon, you are free from your sessions long time ago. The sessions we had recently are mostly the reflection of your unspoken feelings. You need an outlet and I’m here for you. But it is no longer about your temper.” That Taeyeon got that but it didn’t prevent her to feel uneasy and worry.  

“What about the constantly drinking and smoking habit I had previously, wouldn’t it be a problem?”

 

======

 

“Oh, Eomeoni.” She called in delight as she smiled widely pulling the door to allow her stepped out then gave a warm hug for the older woman.

“Sooyeon-ah.” The woman reciprocated the hug. “How are you doing?”

“I’m well, Eomeoni. Come in first.” She took the woman’s hand and lead them inside to her living room. “Eomeoni, have a sit. Do you want something to drink?”

“It can wait. Come, sit here. Let’s catch up first.” A good and kind daughter in law she is, she obeyed without arguing any further. She knows her mother in law hates that kind of attitude. She took a seat beside the older woman on the couch. The woman took her hands and held it. “You really have been doing well, right? Taeyeon is behaving, isn’t she?”

“Yes, Eomeoni, nothing to worry. We are both well and Taeyeon is behaving, of course.” She giggled softly and Taeyeon’s mother seems so satisfied with her answer. “Are you going to stay, Eomeoni? I’m so sorry that I and Taeyeon haven’t got the chance to visit you and Aboeji. She's been really busy these days.”

“Yes, I’m staying. It’s alright, I know she is busy. She is doing a big deal with our business partner from New York, so I supposed she is making sure everything got in handy. I know that kid, sure she’s handful sometimes but when she already has the game in hands, she is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter