s i x : uncovered past

The Love Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sulli <3

 

 

Jinri :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6 years ago,

Jeju Island 

It all began on a beautiful Saturday morning. The Choi family were out on a family day to Jeju Island. Jinki, being the eldest of the three siblings held his twin sisters' hands, Jinri who was born 20 minutes earlier than the other twin, Sulli. Mr. Choi and Mrs. Choi walked beside the children as they strolled along the sandy beach with a bright smile on their faces. Stopping by the sea shore, the whole family went up on a boat with other locals and foreigners who came to visit the other side of the island. 

 

On the journey, droplets of water started pouring down when they almost reached the other side of the island. Unfortunately, they had to go back because the waves were getting bigger and bigger each second. Drenched in rain, Jinki held his sisters in a tight embrace as their body started to shake out of the coldness. Mr. Choi and Mrs. Choi held Jinki's body tight when the boat started to move left and right in an uncontrolled motion. A very big wave abruptly hit them, making all the passengers screamed as the boat started to fill with water as the left side of the boat started to sink. The feared parents held onto the metal railing tightly as their children started to slip away from them ever so slowly. 

 

Jinri started to cry when all the passengers were all crowding over to the right side of the boat making her suffocated. A group of people pushed past her and Sulli making Jinki's grip on both of them loose. Another wave hit in. The boat was already half sunk below the surface of the waves. "Sulli-ya!!" Jinri screamed to the top of her lungs as tears streamed down her face. Their mom and dad reachedout to them as the family was slowly being separated from each other. 

 

The last thing Jinri remembered was Sulli having her head knocked hard on something as she was slipped out of the boat with an unconscious state. She felt arms around her before she too, fell into the world of darkness.

 

**

 

1 year later,

Incheon, Seoul.

 

"Please, sir. My daughter and son must be out there." Mrs. Choi sobbed hard after she told the officer. Mr. Choi put his arms around his wife to calm her down. The officer shook his head for the tenth time as he was asked the same question over and over again for the day but then bowed as a sign of apology. "I'm sorry, Mr. Choi, Mrs. Choi. We decided to put the operation to an end since it has already been a year. We've searched for your missing son and daughter throughout the whole country but to no avail, we still can't find them. I'm really sorry." He bowed again before leaving the two of them, wallowing in sorrow. It was really hard for them but they had to accept the ugly truth. 

 

Tears burned in the corner of Mr. Choi's eyes. He tightened his arms around his sobbing wife, patting her back to ease the pain she was feeling. "Omma, appa. What's going on?" A soft voice asked. Mr. Choi shifted his gaze to Sulli who was standing behind him and shook his head. Sulli frowned at the solemn atmosphere that was giving her chills. Mrs. Choi dried up her tears in an instant when she felt Sulli's presence. 

 

"Nothing, dear. Go back to sleep.. we're fine." The mother reassured the daughter, she obliged and went back upsatirs where her room is located. A new set of fresh tears leaked out of the mother's eyes as she held onto her husband. "Our Ssul lost her memories while Jinki and Jinri is nowhere to be found. What should we do, Dongwook-ah?" Mrs. Choi Dahae cried out, tightening her hold.

 

Dongwook patted her back softly as a tear trickled down his cheek. "I'm not sure, dear but we have to stay strong. God has already planned these for us. I'm sure our Ssul can remember everything back one day and if God is willing to help.. we'd surely find Jinki and Jinri..."

 

**

Back to present

 

The remaining days of the trip soon passed and it has already been almost 3 months ever since Minho confessed his so-called love to Sulli. People started noticing the two often with each other and some rumors about them being together circulated among the students. Even though their love for each other was not real, fate has brought them together until now...

 

"Minho-yah, wake up.." Sulli called, lightly patting the sleeping Minho to wake him up. The blanket that covered his whole body tightened as it moved up to cover his head, rolling the opposite way where Sulli was sitting. A groan escaped the sleepy male's lips as he felt the blanket being tugged away from his body. 

 

"Ssul..." He whined as his eyes met the blinding rays of sunlight when Sulli pulled back the drapes. Placing an arm across his squinted eyes, Minho finally got off from the bed. Sulli smiled in contentment as she turned back only to see the door of the bathroom being shut. She tidied up Minho's bed and went into her own room to change into her workout clothes.

 

Scanning her eyes over the clothes in her wardrobe, Sulli heaved a sigh when she only found a pair of black sports bra followed by a gray sweatpants at the end of the rack. Sulli has to admit that she's not the sporty type who loves and enjoy all types of sport. It never come across her mind to somehow go outside and sweat in the sun. She'd rather isolate herself in the corner of her bedroom reading a book or talk to her baby cactus even though it sounds a little weird. But then she already made a promise with Minho to workout at least thrice a week which is something she probably won't do but ended up doing so. 

 

Sulli then dressed herself and searched for a loose top to put over the sports bra but to her dismay, her loose tops were all used and dirty so she had no choice but to just wear the sports bra. It's not like she's uncomfortable or something.. it's just that, Minho will be there and... it'll make her heart go all crazy and make her face red again. It was just something embarrassing for her that-

 

"You ready?" Said a deep voice laced with a little mischief. Sulli jolted in shock at his sudden presence in the room. Just.. when the hell did he enter? The thought crossed her mind. Her hands were stuck on her chest as she stood frozen on her spot. Minho strode closer towards her. He was wearing a white sleeveless workout top, displaying his muscular arms paired with shorts and his toned legs which she can't help but to stare at. 

 

"Stare much?" A smirk crept up across his lips as he stood right in front of her. Close! Too close.. I can't! Sulli thought as she snapped out of her trance. Heat started to crawl up her face adding a slight tint of red on her pale cheeks. Minho's brown eyes traveled down her body, staring back at her. Sulli feigned a cough to shift his attention away from her body. His eyes met hers in a second but she immediately looked away. 

 

Suddenly, she felt his fingers raking through her long waves. Why are you doing this to me?! Sulli screamed inwardly. And then, she felt his finger tucking a strand behind her ear. "Your hair.." Minho trailed off, his stare was still on her. She couldn't look up, no she didn't want to or else... embarrassment will start kicking in. 

 

A light chuckle escaped his lips, switching her gaze from the ground to his. "There, I thought you wouldn't even look up. Am I too ugly for your eyes?" He intentionally teased. Sulli's face flushed brightly. She couldn't find the right words to say. Every word was caught up in , leaving her tongue-tied in front of him. Minho chuckled again when he was given no response from the quiet female. 

 

"What about my hair?" Sulli asked, finally voiced out after analyzing some things in her mind. "Beautiful..." Minho said as he touched her hair again. "And soft. Like you..." He smiled and took her hand. "Thanks." Her response came out like a whisper but he did hear it. 

 

They descended the stairs together and pu on their running shoes. Minho stood in front of the main door, unlocking it as he went out of the house. "C'mon. We have to go now or else our breakfast will be delayed." Minho said, earning a quiet laugh from Sulli. She brought along a wooden basket with her and put it on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter