t h r e e : field trip

The Love Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I have an exciting news for all of you," Mrs. Bae stood in front of the class, wearing a happy expression as she clasped her hands. The students went 'ooohhh' and 'aaahh', curious of the unusual happy mood that suddenly possessed their strict teacher.

 

"So, this upcoming Friday we'll be going on a field trip for four days and three nights." She announced cheerfully. "Where is it gonna be, Mrs.Bae?" Krystal raised her hand as she asked. "Busan. So now, I want all of you to form 6 groups and there will be 4 members in each group. Guys are allowed to join with the girls too," She answered, making the guys cheer in happiness as they get to be with their own partners.

 

Sulli stood up from her seat as she decided to join Krystal and Jongin's group not when she felt a grasp on her hand. She turned her head to see Minho surrounded by girls, who wanted him in their group but he coldy rejected them. 

 

His desperate eyes looked at her, as if trying to tell her to save him from the girls. She let out a soundless sigh. Go for it, Ssul! She cheered for herself as she spoke up to the girls. "Excuse me, Mr. Choi has a group aleady. So please go and find someone else," The girls glared at her before leaving.

 

Aish these girls really... just stop glaring at me, Sulli thought angrily but immediately brush the thought off. Minho looked at her and let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks," She rolled her eyes. "I'm not your life saver okay?" 

 

"Whatever. So, can I join your group?" He asked, looking at her before shifting his gaze to Jongin and Krystal who were studying them from afar. "I think so, come on," She said as they walked towards the smirking couple.

 

"Hey, Ssul. It seems that you know that we're in need of a member. Good choice," Jongin said, eyeing Minho from head to toe. Krystal winked at her best friend as her eyes told that she did a good job. Sulli quickly winked back only to be caught by Minho.

 

She tried to control her blush when she heard him chuckle lightly. "You look cute," He told her, giving a wink that could melt every living women on earth, to be exaggerated a bit. 

 

"Let's just write our names and give it to Mrs. Bae," Sulli made an excuse as she tried to escape from the embarrassing situation. Jongin gave two thumbs up to Minho which he smiled in return. 

 

**

 

Friday came and all the students were gathered at Gimpo Airport, waiting to board on the plane. Sulli and Krystal sat beside each other while Minho and Jongin were seated behind them at the waiting area. "I can't wait for this trip! I have a feeling that something good is gonna happen.." Krystal said happily. 

 

After that, Mrs. Bae announced that they can already board the plane. Krystal decided to go with Jongin and apologized to Sulli as she can't sit with her but Sulli simply shrugged it off. She can handle being alone since she's used to it already. 

 

"Wait!" Sulli heard a voice from behind which stopped her from walking. Minho was walking towards her with a few fangirls tailing him behind. He immediately grabbed a hold of her hand as he got to breathe fresh air again. "Mian, I'm sitting with her.." He dismissed the fuming and jealous fangirls as they walked away.

 

"Sorry, Ssul?" He uncertainly said her nickname for the first time. "T-that's your name right? Ssul, is it?" She almost smiled when she heard his voice saying her name but held herself from doing it. Sulli then nodded shyly. "Let's get to our seats now.." 

 

"I'm sitting beside you," He told her. "I heard you just now.." She replied as she took a seat beside the window while he took the one beside hers. "You know what? A new student like you should be proud instead of annoyed to have fangirls. Many guys dreamed of having them but you're just like 'Get away from me,' " Sulli said while air quoting the words, letting out a small laugh afterwards. Minho almost smiled but covered it with a sigh.

 

"You wanna know a secret?" She nodded with much curiosity. "I don't really like to talk, but I don't know.. when it comes to you, it seems like I can still talk normally.." He said with a bit of his cold tone. 

 

Why am I an exception? Was what Sulli would like to ask but she brushed it off and smiled tenderly at him. She took a hold of his hand which made him flinch. "Sorry if it startled you but, you know.. I'm always here.." Minho chuckled. "Why does it sound like you're my girlfriend already?" He joked. She felt heat crawling up to her cheeks and hid her face with her long hair in embarrassment but their hands were still attached to each other.

 

"Stop it," She said in a low voice, making him laugh.

 

**

 

After 55 minutes, the plane safely landed at Gimhae Airport. Mrs. Bae and a few teachers assisted the students outside the airport. A while later, they decided to go to their hotel by bus. The ride took 20 minutes from the airport. The whole time, Minho was always stuck with Sulli, it was just an excuse to avoid his annoying fangirls but at the same time, he enjoyed Sulli's companion.

 

Finally, the students were given 30 minutes to rest in their respective rooms before their first activity starts. Since they were allowed to choose who'll be their roomate, the two best friends, Sulli and Krystal decided to share a room while Minho who already got along with Jongin decided to share it with him. It was convenient for them to meet since their room is just opposite each other.

 

"So, do you know where we're going?" Sulli asked, unpacking her stuffs while Krystal was checking her phone out, laying on the bed. "We're going to Haeundae Beach, so you better prepare something that will make the guys especially him go crazy when they look at y---" Sulli immediately cut Krystal's word off, not wanting to hear the full sentence. "Aish, stop imagining things!" She scolded as Krystal laughed. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter