The first day

Behind the silence

Jungkook POV

My life is simply a day that repeats over and over since the day that I learn the reason that I don’t talk at school but I can talk when I am home. I have an anxiety disorder that is call Selective mutism. It has taken a lot of specialist before to know that. Because of that, my mom decides that I will have school at home. She doesn’t want that other student to be mean with me because of that and she want to make sure that I learn everything that I need. So, I had my personal teacher since primary. I wasn’t always the same but since that I was at a place that I feel confortable, it was easier to me to talk with that person. The problem, it’s that I have only talk to my family and my teacher, beside that; I had no interaction with no one. The psychologist try to convince my mom to make go to a normal school for a lot of years but only think make her change. I got an other mental problem. I go on a depression because of the fact that I was feeling alone. I just wanted to do like other person of my age, but I know that it will never happen.

 

With the help of the physiologist, my mom talks with the director from a small school that have accepted to integrate me in a class. I have to say that I can wait to go to a real school. I wonder how it is. To make sure that everything will be okay, I went to the school the day before my first class. When I arrive there with the physiologist, I was surprised about the school. It was more confortable that I thought. It’s sure that I had no memories about the week that I have been to school. I walk to a classroom. I enter in it and the psychologist tells me how a normal day in school was. It’s the same as my day at home but less personalized. I look at her before talk.

 

“It will be okay?” I ask her.

 

I was stress about the next day and what the person will say about me.

 

“Don’t worry Jungkook, they all know your anxiety disorder and your situation. Everything will be fine, don’t worry about that.” She answers me.

 

I guess that she was right. After a moment, she takes me back to my home. This night, I wasn’t able to sleep at all. I only think about the day that will come.

----------------

The next day, my mom wake me up and I prepare myself to go to school for the first time. It wasn’t really the first time, but for me it feels like that. I prepare myself as fast as I can so I can arrive there as soon as possible. I was stress even if it was only for haft of the day. In the end, I had to wait for my mom takes me to the school. Before go in the classroom, I had to go to meet the director. I stay in silence during that moment since that my mom answers to all the questions for me. I have to say, that I got surprised when the bell of the school rang but the director simply say to me that’s the way to know that the class start.

 

After a moment, I finally can go in the classroom. I was so stress. I walk behind the director. When I enter in it, I don’t like all the attention was on me. I almost want to go away, but I stay in the frond of the class.

 

“Everyone, it’s Jungkook. He will slowly integrate our class. Be nice with him.” The teacher say to the class before turns to me. “You can go sits to the desk next to Jimin.”

 

I have guess who was this Jimin and I go sits next to him. The teacher continue is math lesion and I was about to concentrate on the teacher when the person next to me tap on my shoulder.

 

Nice to meet you Jungkook, I’m Park Jimin, but Jimin is okay.” He says to me.

 

I simply nod before got my attention on the teacher. He teaches something that I already saw with my personal teacher so it was simple for me. Before the lunchtime, the teacher let a moment do the homework. I decide to start to do them too. I had no difficulty and that seems to not be the case of the guy next to me. He looks at me.

 

“You understand? Can you explain to me?”

 

I look at him, not sure that he was talking to me. I point at myself to make sure that he was talking about me. He nods with a smile. In a moment, I feel like I was normal. I take my crayon and take a sheet to write on it.

 

-Yes I can. Tell me the number that you don’t understand.-

 

It was the only way that I found to help me. He tells me the number and I look at him. So, I do the number with him as write note in the resolution of the problem so he can understand why I do certain things to arrive to the good answer. I wasn’t sure if it helps, but at least I had try. At the end, I decide to ask him about that.

 

-Did I help you?-

 

“Yes, it’s really helping me. Thanks.” He answers to me with a smile.

 

I smile back, happy to have helped him. I had feel normal in the moment and I will never forget that feeling. I really have the impression that everything will be better now.

---------------------------------------------------

I hope that you will enjoy this fanfic~ Tell me what you think of it so far in the comment.