Save me, Love me

save me, love me

A few weeks later, Jaejoong returned to the hospital to have his case removed. After the procedures were completely and the case taken off, the doctor examined his arm to make sure the bone really did heal nicely.

“Do you feel any pain when I do this?” he asked as he bends Jaejoong’s arm up

Jaejoong shook his head

“How about this?” he bends the arm to the side

Once again Jaejoong shook his head

“It looks like everything is healing perfectly. But try not to lift anything heavy just yet, give it a few more days to fully heal…”

A few minutes later, Jaejoong was able to go home. He put on his jacket as he exited the doctor’s office and headed toward the lobby where the front door is located.

“WHAT ROOM IS MY MOTHER IN!?” came the frantic voice of a young man as he asked the nurse at the front desk.

His voice was loud enough to draw the attention of others including Jaejoong as he turn around to look at who the shaky voice belong to. The other young man was talking to the nurse as well as looking around when he suddenly made eye contact with Jaejoong. It was Jaejoong who broke the contact as he exited the hospital.

“Jae…Jaejoong?” the young man mumbled his name in shock

Jaejoong walked down the street when he stopped at the corner waiting for the street lights to turn green. There were others waiting with him but he pays them no attention. He continues to watch as the cars drove pass him. Suddenly, without any warning, Jaejoong took a step forward even though the lights have not turn green. He could hear a car honking at him but he ignored it. He closed his eyes and prepare himself for the impact when he suddenly hear a voice

“You can’t! You have to live!”

Before he knew it, someone had grabbed him from behind and pulled him back to safety as the car drove pass him at full speed.

“Are you stupid!! Do you want to die or something?!” came the same voice he heard at the hospital.

Jaejoong turn his attention to the guy behind him and to his surprise it was Park Yoochun. One of his childhood friends whom he had not seen for 10 years. Before Jaejoong knew it, Yoochun had dragged him to a nearby dinner as they sat across from each other. Yoochun ordered drinks and turn to ask what Jaejoong will like to eat but Jaejoong didn’t respond nor did he even look at Yoochun.

“Just get him the same thing as me” he spoke to the waitress

After the waitress left, he turns his attention back to an expressionless Jaejoong.

“Nah Jaejoong…how…how have you been?” he asked a bit nervous

Jaejoong finally broke away from the window and look at yoochun taking him by surprise. Yoochun knew Jaejoong looked like a girl when he was young but he never expected him to become so beautiful as an adult.

“I’m alright I suppose…” Jaejoong answered before an awkward silence filled the air

“Back...back at the hospital I wasn’t even sure if it was you I saw. Your blond hair really threw me off but my gut feeling told me it has to be you so I chased you, little did I know  I was going to end up saving you” he chuckled but Jaejoong show no reaction

“Your mother…is she alright?” Jaejoong asked

“a-ah y-yea…she just had a slight fall at home…”

“I see…that’s good”

“How about your parents? Are they doing well?” Yoochun asked unaware that both Jaejoong’s parent had passed away

Jaejoong turn his attention back to the window “They are good…I hope to join them soon”

“I see…sorry, your parent is probably waiting for you at home huh? I didn’t mean to drag you here with me”

Jaejoong was quiet before speaking again “I hope not to keep them waiting for long” he smiled

Yoochun can’t quite explain it but there was something weird about Jaejoong. The way he speaks, the way he constantly looks out the window and the way he looked. To yoochun, Jaejoong seem to be screaming out ‘help me’. He took note of how skinny Jaejoong is and how pale his skin is and including the look in his eyes.

“nah…Jaejoong…are you by any chance…”

“I’m sorry but I have to get going” Jaejoong stood up cutting Yoochun off.

“Wait…can I get your number?” Yoochun asked

“Why?” Jaejoong asked

“So...so we can catch up”

Jaejoong lower his gaze. He still recalls his childhood trauma when Yoochun joined Yunho in calling him a murder.

“No…you wouldn’t want anything to do with a murder like me anyway” he grinned before exiting the dinner leaving Yoochun shock.  He sat back down on his seat and rested his head upon his hand while recalling those unforgettable memories of when Eun chae passed away. It wasn’t like he really blames Jaejoong on purpose. He was scare and going through all kind of emotions. After Yunho blamed Jaejoong, he just unconsciously follows. Ever since that day, he has been having this guilt that is eating him up from the inside. Even now it still continues to torment him and the only way to stop this torment is to have Jaejoong forgive him. But from the looks of it, it ain’t going to be easy.

Jaejoong made it home without any more suicidal thoughts. However to his dislike, Yunho is seen leaning upon his apartment door waiting for him to return home. Upon seeing Jaejoong, Yunho walked over to him and grabbed Jaejoong by his wrist before dragging him into his apartment. Yunho forced a confuse Jaejoong to sit down at the dining table.

“from now on, you and I are going to have dinner together…I may not look like it but I’m pretty good at cooking” Yunho smiled

Jaejoong on the other hand wasn’t sure what had gotten into Yunho. For the last couple of weeks, he had not heard from Yunho or has him pounding on his door and then all of a sudden he reappear stating he wants to have dinner with him.

“Just sit still and await the feast! Once you get a taste of my cooking you will never be able to part from it” spoke Yunho with confident as he put on an apron and begin to gather the ingredients before he started cutting them to cook. Jaejoong wanted nothing more than to go to his apartment and sleep. He counts the encounter with Yoochun and Yunho on the same day his bad luck. But then again, he never really have any good luck, maybe he crossed a black cat when he was little without realizing it. As Yunho cook away, Jaejoon’s eyes begin to wonder around the apartment. Compare to his, Yunho’s apartment is clean and smelled nice. His apartment is filled with life and decoration, it was plain but it still brings out Yunho’s taste. Just then he smelled something nice as he turn to face Yunho who is happily cooking while humming a song to himself.  The nice aroma was coming from the food Yunho is making and Jaejoong can’t remember when the last time he actually had a home cook meal.

“Must be nice…” Jaejoong finally spoke with a hint of bitterness

Yunho nearly drop the spoon he is holding onto upon Jaejoong's voice. It has been a week and a half since he move in and this is the first time Jaejoong actually spoke to him.

“W-What is nice?” asked Yunho unaware of the strange tone of voice Jaejoong is using

“You must have lived a worry free life to be able to cook and hum cheerfully”

“Well…I wouldn’t call it a worry free life, I still worry about paying my bills” said Yunho as he begins to fry the beef.

“Well…you are still pretty lucky…being able to live your life the way you wanted and not having to be held back by the past…”

Yunho paused as an awkward silence filled the air.

“I have one rule to living a peaceful life and that is…let the past be the past…what happen already took place, I won’t be able to change it nor should I dwell on it. The best thing for me and everyone else around me is to accept it and learn from it so the same mistake cannot be repeated” Yunho spoke nervously

“Let the past be the past huh?...” Jaejoong turn his attention to the glass balcony door “easier said than done…” he mumbles those words to himself.

Within a few minutes Yunho finished cooking as he placed the different dishes in front of a stun Jaejoong. The food looked fantastic but in his opinion, Yunho had cooked more then what two people could eat. After washing his hand, Yunho took his seat across from Jaejoong smiling happily with no worries.

“go ahead…eat…let me know how it taste?”

Jaejoong look from Yunho to the food on the table and didn’t make any movement. No matter how good the food look or how good it smelled, Jaejoong no longer desire to consume any food. Yunho waited and when Jaejoong made no movement, he stood up and placed the spoon into Jaejoong’s hand.

“eat up…eat as much as you like” he smiled “ I bet you haven’t eaten a proper meal that’s why you are so skinny, being a man, you need to have more meat.”

However Jaejoong shows no expression or any response to what Yunho is doing. Jaejoong wouldn’t even look Yunho in the eyes and as Yunho stood over Jaejoong, he could see how slender Jaejooong’s shoulder is. You can see the bone sticking out and his clothes loosely hang upon his body.

“Please Jaejoong…just eat…don’t be shy” Yunho desperately try to get Jaejoong to eat but Jaejoong made no response to his demand.

“Sorry but I need to go” said Jaejoong as he stood up

“Wait Jaejoong…didn’t I say we have to eat dinner together” Yunho grab onto him

“That was your decision, I never agree to have dinner with you” Jaejoong spoke bitterly

Yunho fill silent but did not let go of Jaejoong. He continues to recall the conversation he had with Sungmin and recalled those sounds he heard from Jaejoong's apartmen. All kind of emotion begin to surface making Yunho unsure how to act. What can he do to help Jaejoong? what can he say to make jaejoong smile again? Suddenly to Jaejoong’s surprise, Yunho pull Jaejoong into a tight hug as the snow outside begin to fall.

Jaejoong sat on his bed with his back up against the wire headboard of the bed deep in thoughts. He couldn’t forget the warmth of Yunho’s body against his. He had been hugged by others before but somehow Yunho’s hug was different. He actually felt warmth from his body and for a brief moment he actually felt his body relaxed. The birds within Jaejoong’s white cage begin to chirp loudly bringing Jaejoong out of his thoughts. He shook his head and lay down before pulling the covers over his head.

Meanwhile Yunho still sat at the dining table with his food not touched at all. He was deep in thoughts recalling the scene that took place just a moment ago. He wasn’t sure why he hugged Jaejoong, maybe it was pity toward him or maybe it was sympathy. He wasn’t sure anymore as he still recalls the way Jaejoong fit perfectly in his arm. He didn’t even realize that he had hugged Jaejoong until Jaejoong pushed him away with such force and with an expression of shock that Yunho was able to return to his senses. Jaejoong had escaped before Yunho was able to stop him.

“What am I doing?” he thought to himself

Yoochun stood by the window in his room staring out to the darken city. He can’t seem to get the image of Jaejoong’s fragile body out of his mind. He strongly wanted to help Jaejoong but he wonder if he even have the right to help him after what he put Jaejoong through. It’s kind of stupid for someone like him who abandons his friend to suffer alone and then 10 years later wanted to help him.

“Is it too late for me to want to reach my hand out to you Jaejoong?” Yoochun wondered

As Yunho and Yoochun slept in their bed, both of them shared the same dream. It was a dream of them when they were still young, running around and playing at the park. Eun chae was up ahead, Jaejoong behind her and them and the other two. They were playing a friendly game of tag when suddenly Eun chae disappear. The scenery changed to when they were at the hospital. Everyone was crying as Eun chae's body laid before them with a white cloth covering her. The boys were crying and blaming Jaejoong who looked terrify with tears streaming down his eyes. Suddenly before their eyes, the small fragile Jaejoong grew up to the present Jaejoong but his eyes were as empty as a shell. He stood before them as he pulls out a silver pistol and placed it on the side of his head. Both Yunho and Yoochun tried to stop Jaejoong but they couldn’t move their leg nor could they speak a word.  They desperately try to move their body but no matter what they do, it was no use. A single tears falls from Jaejoong’s eyes as he smiled and pulled the trigger.

Yunho and Yoochun quickly open their eyes and sat on their bed sweating like the summer heat. Both their heart were racing as they felt sick to their stomach. At the thought that maybe it wasn’t a dream, Yunho quickly stood up and rushed outside with nothing more than his brief and a muscle shirt. He begins to bang on the door and call out Jaejoong name but received no response.

“What should I do?!” he begin to panic “should I call the police?!”

He begin to bang on Jaejoong’s door again when the neighbor to Jaejoong’s left opened his door and shouted at Yunho for being too loud. Yunho apologized before retreating to his apartment. He looked at the watch and it’s only 1 in the morning. He had just gone to bed 2 hours ago after watching his drama.

“I must be stupid or something…” thought Yunho

Even though he concluded that it was just a dream and nothing had happen, the dream still lingers in his mind. It worries him that what he saw will become a reality if he doesn’t help Jaejoong.

As Jaejoong slept in his bed, he continues to have nightmare as he twist and turns while sweating endlessly. The expression on his face were of pain and suffering. His birds that were sleeping a minute ago suddenly begin to flap their wings and chirp together. A small hand reached over to Jaejoong and gently caress his head as the painful expression faded and he stop turning around. His breathing patterns became normal again as his nightmare is replaced with something pleasent and nice. The birds continue to chirp loudly as this person turn to them and placed her fingers between her lips and smiled. The birds understood as they stop chirping and went silent.

 

to be continue................