Save me, Love me

save me, love me

Final Chapter…

Jaejoong stood in front of the store staring at his phone wondering what Yunho is up to. He couldn’t help think about what Yunho’s parent had told him. All kind of outcomes begin to form in his mind and none of them made him feel any better. The more his mind runs wild the more worry he become, what if recalling the forgotten memories caused a relapse of Yunho’s unstable state of mind or worse what if he tried to take his life like he did back then? Jaejoong could feel his body tense up at the thought of Yunho taking his own life. He became scare, concern and wondered if this is the kind of hell he put his uncle through. This feeling of waiting and yet not knowing what is going to happen to the person they care about is probably the worst feeling anyone could feel. Images of Yunho flashed before his eyes and it’s hard to believe that just a few days ago Yunho was the one smiling, humming and talking as if nothing is wrong. Now their role has switched and Jaejoong isn’t sure what he should do or what he can do. Will he be able to reach out to Yunho like he did to him? If this was the outcome of Jaejoong recovering from depression then he rather he stay the way he was so Yunho wouldn’t have to go through what he did a second time.

“Yunho….where are you going?” Jaejoong wondered as he stares into the cloud cover sky as snow begin to fall.

Meanwhile Yunho had just gotten into a train as it departed from the train station. He walked toward the end of the train cart before sitting down at an empty seat. He sat his bag down onto the floor as he scans his surroundings. The cart he chose to sit in barely had anyone inside. There were only a young couple sitting and flirting on the other side of the cart while an old lady sit just a seat away from him. He looked like he had not slept for days with heavy bags under his eyes. His hair was a mess as if he had just woken from sleeping and didn’t have time to fix it. Yunho lean forward as he rests his elbow upon his knew before digging his fingers through his lock of hairs while letting out a heavy sigh.

“You are too young to let out such a sigh…” the old lady spoke

Upon her voice Yunho lifted his head to meet her warm gaze.

“Yea I suppose I am but inside I felt like 100 years has passed by…” Yunho smiled

The old lady got up from her seat as she walked over to Yunho using her cane and sat down.

“Where are you heading young man?”

“At first I was sure where I needed to go but now I’m not so sure anymore…”

The old lady was quiet before speaking “no one is ever clear on the road they should take…You are no exception…but unlike others you have love one waiting for you and…” the old lady turn to look at the empty seat in front of them as she smiled “a guardian angel watching over you…rather than sighing in distress you should held your head high and smile…”

Yunho didn’t meet her gaze as he spoke “smile huh? I have always been smiling through all that are good and bad…even after forgetting my sins; I was still able to smile even though those close to me were not able to smile….now I’m not even sure how to smile anymore…”

“Well that is easy…”

Yunho lifted his head to look at the old lady as she smiled and pointed to each end of her lips “this is how you smile…”

Yunho couldn’t help but find this strange old lady next to him interesting as he let out a smile

“There you go…it wasn’t that hard was it?”

Yunho’s quickly looked down a bit embarrass that right after stating he no longer knows how to smile and yet in the end his lips betrayed him. A long silence filled the air as they heard the young couple flirting and laughing on the other side of the cart.

“If you aren’t sure where you are heading…just close your eyes, block out the sounds around you and listen to your heart beat. It will lead you to where you really need to go, where you really need to be…don’t think and don’t ask …just listen …”

The train pulled to a stop as the old lady stood up “this is my stop…it was nice talking to you…”

“Yea…you too…”

The old lady walked toward the open door and exited the train. She waved goodbye to Yunho once more as he too return the wave. After a few more stops, the cart has empty as Yunho sat alone with nothing more than his thoughts. He looked out the window and notices a forest not too far away as he begins to get nervous. He couldn’t stop his leg from shaking as his mind continues to wonder. Suddenly he recalls what the old lady had advised him to do. He don’t usually believe in the guidance of the heart but right now he is lost, unsure if what he is doing is right. Yunho took a deep breath, closed his eyes and block out all sounds. Without him realizing it, Eun chae was there with him as she walked over to Yunho, placed her hand gently on the side of his head as she bends forward until both their forehead meet.  He could feel an overwhelming warmth surrounding him as his begin to hear his heart beat. A image of his friends and family flashed before his eyes and the last image was of Jaejoong smiling at him.

“You don’t belong here Yunho…you belong with the others…go…go back home…” Eun chae whispered into the air as Yunho quickly snap open his eyes and looked around but saw no one.

After another 15 minutes Yunho finally got off at his stop. He swings his bag over his shoulder as he turn to face the nearby forest where people go for camping. There were no green grass, no green trees and no bugs to bite you. All Yunho could see now is a forest covered in a white blanket of snow.  A cold wind blew pass as Yunho shivered before pulling his scarf closer to his neck. Without any more hesitation Yunho started walking toward the forest. He walked and climbed the slippery hills for a great 3 miles through the snow before arriving at a camp area. It was the same area they had camped when they were small. He could still remember all the things they did here for the first couple of days. Everyone was so happy and excited while putting up a tent for the first time. Yunho and Yoochun were fighting to see who gets to put up the bigger tent, Junsu and Changmin were helping Jaejoong’s parent unload the food from the car, while Jaejoong and Eun Chae is clearing the ground of woods and rock. The first night camping everyone was scare and wasn’t able to sleep. Jaejoong’s parent gathered everyone into their tent before siging them a song to ease their fear. Yunho had woken up the next day earlier then anyone else before realizing that Eun chae had slept in between him and Jaejoong. They were facing each other and he recall being irritated before gently shoving Eun chae aside as he took her place in the middle. Upon remembering this Yunho let out a few chuckles at how childish he was.

Yunho walked a few more feet before arriving at the nearby river that is now frozen solid. You no longer hear the sound of water; see the fishes or the rocks below. To Yunho it’s as if time had stood still and everything around him frozen. Just standing here where everything took place made Yunho emotional. Remembering the fight and the horror of Eun chae falling into the river causes tears to build up at the corner of his eyes.  He had to fight back his tears as he took out his backpack and it before taking out something wrapped in a nice blue cloth. He removed the cloth to reveal a snow globe with a ballerina dressed in a pink tutu dress. He turned the little black nob at the bottom and within seconds the silence is filled with a beautiful melody as the ballerina danced. Yunho stood there holding onto the snow globe as the melody continues to play and the ballerina danced in circle.

“I know it’s late but….happy birthday Eun chae…” Yunho smiled as he watches the ballerina danced “I made a promise to get you this snow globe on your next birthday, but that day never came and I forgot about everything…aren’t I just the most horrible person alive?”

The melody stopped as the ballerina paused. Yunho was no longer able to hold back his tears as it started flowing down his cheek.

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry Eun chae…please forgive me…”

After a few minutes Yunho was able to regain his composer as his tears stopped.

“before coming here i thought i'll join you Eun chae, i figure you should not be alone on the toher side while everyone else is here smiling and laughing without you but...but it looks like i won't be able to join you after all...just like the old lady said, i have family and friends waiting for me. I know that there is nothing I could do to change the past, I won’t be able to bring you back and give you a second chance at life but I promise you Eun chae…I will no longer let the past drag me down, I will continue to move forward and live a fulfilled life for both me and for you…I will do the things you wanted to do, I will accomplish those dreams that you were not able to and…” an image of Jaejoong flashed before his eyes “…I will love the person you cherished the most…I won’t hurt him anymore nor will I bully him like the past…I will follow after you and treat those close to me with care and honest affection…I will look after everyone…I’ll be strong…so you don’t have to worry about us anymore….”

With that being said Yunho sat the snow globe onto the snow and turn around. He glanced at the river once more before walking down the hill while leaving behind all the pain and fear he had felt since that tragic day. Just then a little light flashed as Eun chae appear with a frantic look on her face as she took a few steps to chase after Yunho

“Wait! Yunho I…the one I cherish is….” Eun chae paused before smiling and shook her head as tears fill from her eyes “no…everything is fine the way it is…be happy Yunho…that is all I ask…”

Flash back

A 4 year old Eun chae is being bully by 4 other boys. They were poking fun of her because of her dress and her weird hair style. She couldn’t fight back for scream for help; she was scare and could only cry.

“What are you doing?!” a young boy shouted as he came to her rescue.

After the other boys left crying to their mother, Yunho turn to Eun chae with a concern look on his face

“Are you okay Eun chae?” he asked

Eun chae is usually the strong one the group but it was scary as she only cried. Yunho bend down and hugged her as he gently pats her back

“There…there…pains go away…” Yunho will chant over and over.

For some reason this really helped ease Eun chae’s mind as she stopped crying. Yunho pull back and stood up before reaching his hand out to her “come on…let’s go home”

Eun chae grabbed his hand as Yunho lead her down the park.

“Am I…am I ugly?” Eun chae asked

“No…” Yunho smiled “Eun chae is very pretty…”

End of flash back

Eun chae faded away with a smile on her face.

Yunho was walking when he heard a voice ringed through his head “thank you…”

He quickly turns around but saw no one. None the less he smiled and continues to walk back toward the train station.

It was starting to get dark but there has not been any sign of Yunho. Jaejoong had started to get worry as he tried reaching Yunho on the cell phone but he has not answered him at all. He begins to wonder if he should call the police and report a missing person case. But if he does this, Yunho’s parent will know and he didn’t want them to worry.

“Yunho…you aren’t doing anything stupid are you?” Jaejoong wondered as he paced back and forth in his apartment. Just as he turn around he spotted a little girl standing there smiling at him brightly and warmly. They stood there staring at each other as Jaejoong smiled

“Thank you…” he spoke softly

The little girl smiled once again before nodding her head as she faded away. Just as the little girl disappears, Jaejoong’s cell phone buzzed. He looks at his phone and realizes he received a text message from Yunho asking him to meet at their secret hide out. Jaejoong raised an eyebrow unsure of what Yunho is planning. But he does know one thing for sure; his heart is racing at the thought of seeing Yunho. Without waiting any longer, Jaejoong grabbed his jacket and exited his apartment.

In a few minute Jaejoong arrived at their elementary school. This was the place they meet and the place with the most memories. Everything about the school had changed; it had become old and from the look of it, deserted. There were a sign hanging by the front gate telling the date of when this place will be demolished to build a new building. Jaejoong walked toward the back of the school in a secluded area just a few feet away from the building. Within this secluded area is a little shed that the school no longer uses. They found this place when they were only 5 years old. It was abandon and no one uses it so they turn it into their secret hideout. While the kids will be running around in the playground, Jaejoong and the others will be here just hanging out.

As jaejoong made it through the thick bushes and trees, the little shed came into view however to his surprise the others were there as well.

“Jaejoong?” Junsu call out to him

“Did all of you get a message of Yunho as well?” Jaejoong asked as he walked toward them

“Yea…he asked me to meet here” said changmin

“Same here” said Yoochun

“What is this guy planning?” Junsu asked out loud.

Suddenly to everyone’s surprise all the trees and bushes lights up in beautiful color. The once darken place is now filled with bright and beautiful lights.

“Welcome to our secret hides out!” came Yunho’s voice as he emerged from the shed with a smile on his face.

Junsu cracked a grin “what is the meaning of this Yunho? Are you trying to show off like usual?”

“First of all I am not a show off…secondly…." he paused a bit before continuing "I wants to apologize to each and every one of you…”

“Not this again Yunho…we told you that it wasn’t…”

Yunho cut changmin off “please just let me finish…”

Changmin didn’t say another word no did anyone else

“I know I have been a jerk to all of you especially you Jaejoong…after that day I put all of your through hell and yet half way through it I forgot about it while the rest of you had to live your life suffering becuase of it….for that I am sorry…I wasn’t a good leader…I was a coward…but from this day onward I promise to become the best leader you will ever have and become stronger so I won't make the same mistake…will you please forgive me and once again allow me to become your leader…” Yunho asked

The others looked at each other before they started chuckling “you are too much Yunho…” Changmin laughed

“We are adults now…we aren’t kids anymore you know that right” laughed Junsu

“You never fail to amaze me Yunho” chuckle Yoochun as his hatred toward Yunho had faded. After that night when everything came into light, Yoochun realize how much of a child he had become. It wasn’t that he blames Yunho at all for what happen between them, it was because he was jealous of Yunho.  Now that he had come into terms with everything, and accepted the fact that he loved jaejoong made everything clear for him. If he sees Yunho as a rival in love then he will face Yunho heads on rather than acting like a child who just got his favorite toy taken away from him.

“as silly as this might be…it doesn’t sound so bad…” spoke Jaejoong as he stepped forward “…regardless of what you did or how angry you make me…You are the only leader I know and will continue to follow”

Yunho could feel his heart skip a beat upon Jaejoong’s smile

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt to continue to follow you a little longer…” said changmin

“same here…” said Junsu

Everyone turn to face Yoochun and waited nervously for his answer as he looked at them from one person to the next.

He sigh “before I give you my answer…I’m just going to say this Yunho…” Yoochun pointed to him “you are my rival…I will not lose…”

“Rival? For what?” ask Changmin

“Little kids don’t need to know” Yoochun grinned at Changmin for he was a year younger than everyone else “but with that being said…I don’t mind you being a leader like always…”

Yunho returned a smile thanking everyone for forgiving him.

He placed his hand in the middle “From today onward, we will become great friends” Yunho repeated those words he had spoken long ago “we will have each other’s back and are loyal to one another”

“We will share everything we have!” said yoochun as he smiled happily before placing his hand on top of Yunho’s hand

Junsu only chuckled at the memories as he placed his hand in the middle as well “We shall go through everything together as one!”

“We shall never betray one another and respect each other!” said changmin

“we shall hold our head high and never lower our heads to each other because we are equal and the same!” smiled jaejoong as he hand joined the others in the middle

Just then to everyone’s surprise a small hand reached over and placed it on top of the others “And we shall love, cherish and treasure one another until the day we are no longer breathing” smiled Eun chae

Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin looked at her in total shock and disbelief. They weren’t sure if they were really seeing Eun chae or if their eyes were playing a trick on them.

“this bond…make sure it will last forever…even without me here…I know all of  you will be just fine…be happy and forget the past…” Eun chae spoke “this little circle…it may have become a little smaller but…it is still strong and full of warmth…keep it that way…”

“Eun chae…” Junsu spoke her name as tears begin to fill his eyes “are you…are you really here?”

Eun chae was starting to tear up as well as she smiled “yes…you have become very mature Junsu...”

“You really are here? We aren’t just hallucinating?” asked Changmin as he started to cry

“Changmin ah…you have gotten really tall…back then you were so small…”

This only made changmin cry even more

“Eun chae…you…have you been watching over all of us?” Yoochun asked a bit shameful that Eun chae had to witness his bad side.

“I have…for 10 years…I have watched over each and every one of you...now I don’t have to anymore because the group is once again a whole…Don’t let the bond we created break again…keep it strong…” she smiled before fading away this time for good. They watched as Eun chae became a small ball of light as it floated toward the sky. Changmin was still crying as Junsu comforted him. Yoochun also felt like crying but he held back his tears. Yunho and Jaejoong stood next to each other as they watched the ball of light disappear into the sky.

“So much had happen and yet I felt like it was just yesterday when I saw you standing on the balcony” spoke Yunho

“I know what you mean…I already felt like another 10 years had passed and we had forgotten about everything that had happen so far…” said Jaejoong

Snow begins to fall around them as Yunho reached over and grasped jaejoong’s hand in his taking him by surprise.

“This time…I won’t let go of your hand…”

Jaejoong could feel his heart racing as he recalled the question Choonhee had asked him about the kind of relationship he had with Yunho. He thought about it again as he also folded his slender fingers around Yunho’s hand

“I just realize that I also don’t want to let go…” Jaejoong smiled at Yunho as he returned the smile

“Are you sure you don’t want to give up?” Junsu whispered to a heart broken Yoochun

“it’s okay…I’m just warming up…once I put my full effort into making Jaejoong fall for me…Yunho will be left crying on the ground…” smirk Yoochun

“You sure are confident…”

“I never fail when I put my mind to it”

Junsu only smirked at Yoochun because he doubt Yoochun will win against Yunho. After a while, everyone begin to go back home. Yunho and jaejoong arrived at their apartment hand in hand before separating at each other’s apartment door.

“g-good night” jaejoong shyly spoke to Yunho

“y-yea…”

Yunho watched as Jaejoong stick his key into his door knob and turn it to open the door

“Jae!...” Yunho end up shouting taking jaejoong by surprise.

“What?”

Yunho face flushed red as he looked away “n-nothing…h-have a goodnight…”

Jaejoong couldn’t help but giggles at Yunho being all shy “do you want to come in for a drink…?”

Yunho immediately perks up as he smiled “s-sure…”

They both went into Jaejoong’s apartment as they removed their coat. Jaejoong walked into the kitchen and took out some tea that ChoonHee had bought for him. Yunho notice that the bird cage is now in the living room rather than the bedroom.

“You moved them out here?” asked Yunho as he walked over to the bridge cage and begin to poke his finger between the opening to try and get the bird’s attention

“Yea…I felt like they will be happier out here…” said Jaejoong

After the tea was ready Jaejoong pour each of them a cup before sitting down across from Yunho and placed the cup onto the small table.

“Thank you...” said Yunho

“You’re welcome”

Yunho glanced toward the TV and notice the picture of everyone taken during their camping trip. It is now clean and framed nicely before placing onto the shelf that Choonhee had bought to decorate the apartment.

“I felt like things has gone back to how it was before…” said Yunho

“Yea…a lot had happen but now everyone is able to smile again….” said Jaejoong “Eun chae was always the one who could repair the group after a fight…even after death, she is still doing what she does best…”

Yunho felt a bit irritated at the fact that Jaejoong mentioned Eun chae. Rather than irritated, jealous would have been a better word to describe his feeling right now.

“Jaejoong…” Yunho call out to him as jaejoong turn to face Yunho.

To his surprise Yunho had leaned forward and placed a kiss upon his lips.

“Do you hate it?...” Yunho asked softly

“I don’t know…maybe you should do it again..?”

Yunho grin before closing the gap between them once again.

 

The end....