Talking

Hell beneath His Hand

“TAEHYUNGGGGG!”

The said boy flinched when the door to his room was opened aggressively by Jimin. He quickly turned his head to lecture Jimin, but had to stop the urge to do that because Jimin’s face showed an anxiety. He stopped his fingers from typing on his computer to focus all his attention to the brunette boy.

“Jimin, I really want to punch your ‘baby’ face if you don’t show me that expression. What the hell, bro?” He blew a fist to the table only to put Jimin’s face in gloomy state. Jimin didn’t answer Taehyung’s question as he walked into Taehyung’s bed and collapsed before he sigh. “Tae, will you believe me?”

The pinkish-brown haired boy nodded before he took his juice and drank it. “Of course! Hey ChimChim, you think how long I’ve known you? 17 years, okay, 17 years!” He drank again and began to cross his legs. “Now what?”

“Okay, maybe it’s a weird question but…how can you call me ChimChim?” Jimin took one of Taehyung’s bolsters and hugged it tightly which Taehyung gave him a weird look. He took a pillow nearby him and it landed smoothly on Jimin’s face. “It’s really a weird question. You ask me this after I’ve called you with that nickname for 15 years? Seriously, I think something hit your head hard, doesn’t it?”

“Well it doesn’t if you just answer my question…” Jimin scoffed, “Tae, I’m curious!”

“Okay, calm down. It’s because you look like a monkey. You know that monkey.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, definitely.”

“Don’t you hear that from someone else? Like…yeah, someone else.” Again, Taehyung gave Jimin a weird look. “No, I don’t think so.”

The brunette groaned, rolling on the bed like crazy, and then gave Taehyung a puppy look. “Tae, I know you’re my bestie and I want you to believe me.”

“Stop with this ‘believes’ thing coz I’m tired hearing that word once more! Just tell me, okay, Jimin? Tell me from A to Z and I’ll kindly listen to you.” Taehyung said lazily while he was trying to create his comfort position. Jimin thought from where he should start.

“Tae, did you have an imaginary friend?” he asked.

“I suppose so. Yeah, I kinda have one but I don’t remember pretty much. All I can remember is it was a boy and he liked dancing. But when people entered my room, he would hide in my closet or under my bed. He would come out again after people left my room. What’s with the question, ChimChim?”

“I…uh…don’t remember if I have an imaginary friend or not, so…this time you have to believe me, Taetae.” Taehyung raised his fist toward Jimin’s direction, “You say that once more, I won’t hesitate to punch you.” Jimin only gave him a V-sign. “Back to the main topic, alien!” Jimin yelled.

The pinkish-brown haired boy murmured while glaring at Jimin. “I really won’t hesitate, ChimChim…”

“Long story short, Tae, I heard unknown voice in my head.”

“Umm...what?”

“I’ll explain it. So yesterday, when I was walking home alone, I suddenly got headache and it became worse by minutes. And I heard someone’s voice. I thought it was from another person around me, but no, I didn’t see anyone. So ‘it’ proclaimed that nobody could hear him because he was in my head. I know it’s weird, but what surprise me is that he said he was my imaginary friend and his name is Suga. Perhaps, do you know someone named Suga?” Jimin explained to Taehyung, but Taehyung only responded him with stoic face and hand on his chin.

“Well, it’s one of weird stories I’ve ever heard and I don’t know someone named Suga—wait, he said he was your imaginary friend? Like, in your childhood?” Taehyung questioned while Jimin nodded. “What nonsense! How can ‘something unreal’ talk to us? Were you imagining something when you walked home?”

Jimin sighed before rolling back again to Taehyung’s bed. “I knew you won’t believe me, that’s why I ask you to believe me. I wasn’t imagining something and I know this is real! This is the weirdest experience I’ve ever experienced!” Taehyung scoffed at Jimin, “You are always weird, if you don’t know yet.” Jimin rolled his eyes and uttered, “Says someone who always acts like an alien. If not alien, then like a monkey who has been released from its cage?”

“Watch your mouth, ChimChim! I’m not gonna take it easy on you bro.” he laughed after giving Jimin a playful wink.

The brunette boy had a flat expression on his face. “Why do I feel like this conversation is getting nowhere?” The pinkish-brown haired boy ignored him before returned his attention back to his computer.

“Wassup, ChimChim. We meet again.” All of sudden, the voice came back and startled Jimin.

“Tae—“

“Don’t you dare to ask Taehyung. Just listen to me.”

“Yes Jimin? Is something wrong?” Taehyung asked.

“No, it’s nothing. Just back to your activity and don’t mind me. Let me imagine something like you said.” Jimin answered with a little sarcasm.

Taehyung shrugged and narrowed his eyes to Jimin. “It’s fine as long as it’s not rated M cause you are still a baby. Remember that.” Jimin was glaring at him.

“Haha, can’t help but agree with him that you are still a baby. I wish you never grow up.”

‘Just watch, because one day I will grow up like an adult and you will never say I’m a baby anymore.’ Jimin said in his mind.

“I’ll gladly wait to see that day coming, ChimChim. Anyway, how’s your day?”

‘Why do you ask that?’

“Okay, I change it. What were you talking about with Kim Taehyung?”

‘It’s something. How do you know his name is Kim Taehyung?’

“I’d respect your answer only if you didn’t talk behind me.”

‘WHA—how did you know?’

“I have my way, Jimin. You won’t understand it.”

‘Actually I got so many questions to ask you and would you like to answer me?’

“Kim Taehyung is your best buddy, isn’t he?”

Great. Now you ignore me. You know what…mmm, Suga, I am wondering why you know my name, why you know Taehyung’s name, how can you got into my mind, and who you really are.’

“I’m sure you won’t understand so I won’t explain. Is Taehyung your best buddy since you were kid?”

‘Of course, so-called-Suga.’

“You…Do you trust him? In every way?”

‘Of course I do, because he is my best buddy. What’s with your questions?’

“People never trust each other. They always betray their comrade and stab them from behind. Come on Jimin, just betray your friend.”

‘What the…hell IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I’LL NEVER BETRAY TAEHYUNG, YOU FREAKING TOMATO!!’

“Aw, what a lovely name. But I prefer you to call me ‘freaking sugar’ instead of ‘freaking tomato’. You are such a cutie pie, Jimin.”

‘Are you trying to influence me? I’m sorry but you choose a wrong way and there’s no way I’ll do that to my best buddy, you freaking sugar!’

“You grew up to be a strong boy. I’m proud of you, Jiminie. And you call me with ‘freaking sugar’ so I’ll thank you for that. Now is my time to leave, ChimChim, but I will give you a gift before I go.”

‘And what is that?’

Suddenly Jimin got a serious headache before his world was covered by darkness.

“That is a gift for talking behind my back. No more next time, Jiminie.”