Chapter 8

ThE sEcReT . . .

“Yura-ah!”

Woo Bin stops his steps and look at the blood at Yura’s hand and everywhere on the bed. He becomes dizzy. He shouts for Aunty Mimi.

“It’s weird oppa…I keep slashing my hands but then the wound heal by itself. How can it be?” Yura said before she slashes her hand again. The calm voice of Yura makes Woo Bin’s heart beating fast.

Aunty Mimi and the rest run to Yura’s room and they all shocked with what they see. Jong Suk who is calmer compares with the others and he knows how to control his hunger then run to Yura. He takes the knife and put it far from Yura. Aunty Mimi gets all the wet blanket with the blood into the bathroom.

Since there is not much blood, Woo Bin comes to his sense. He carries Yura and put her into the bath tub. He opens the water and cleans Yura’s hand.

“What have you done?” Yura looks at Woo Bin’s eyes. It’s blue.

“Your eyes. It’s blue, Oppa. Are you mad at me?” Ask Yura. Woo Bin stops then he looks at Yura.

“Yes, I am.”

Yura looks down. She scares to see Woo Bin’s eyes.

“Why? Why you do this?”

“Am I…am I one of you?” Ask Yura. Woo Bin shocked to hear that. At last, the question that he wants to avoid from answering now been asked. He is speechless.

“What are you doing, Woo Bin-ah. She will get cold.” Soo Hyuk comes into the bathroom with the towel. He knows that Woo Bin still not ready to answer Yura.

Yura stand up and get the towel from Soo Hyuk before she goes out from the bathroom leaving Woo Bin who is still in dilemma.

Yura changed her clothes and lying on the bed. Aunty Mimi has changed all the blankets and comforter. Jong Suk is preparing Yura’s medicine so she can sleep tonight. And, Sung Joon and Jong Hyun checked the entire corridor and the rooms. They afraid the smell of Yura’s blood will attract their enemy.

Woo Bin comes out from the bathroom and walks to Yura’s bed. He holds her sister up and sits face to face with Yura.

“I will tell you the truth. Are you ready to know everything?” Ask Woo Bin to Yura. Everyone looks at him when he said that.

 

**Flashback**

“Aunty, what happens to me?” Ask Woo Bin. Aunty Mimi holds Woo Bin’s hand. Since morning, Woo Bin keeps scratching his hand till bleeding. His body turns cold even though it is summer. Even how much he scratches his hand, the wound heal by itself.

At that time, Doctor Lee is their family’s doctor who knows their secret but he is a human. Doctor Lee has serves to this family for almost 50 years.

“I think it is time for him…” Doctor Lee said to Aunty Mimi.

“But he is still 10 years old. He should receive it when he is 20.”

“I’m not sure either. From my experience, this is the first time. So, I think you should start the ritual.”

“But, Doctor Lee…cannot we think of the other way to hold it? He is still young and knows nothing about this.”

“How long you want to hold him? You cannot tie him up or put him to sleep forever. This is his fate. We should let him follow his own destiny. There is nothing much we can do.”

At that time, Woo Bin screams in anger. His eyes turn to red blood. Both Aunty Mimi and Doctor Lee shocked to see that. According to the ancient books, the Royal blood will only receive the full power and

turns to Vampire when they are 20 years old. But it’s different to Woo Bin. He becomes the only one who receives the full power when he is still 10 years old.

When the other kids with the same age as his still play at the playground and learn how to read, he is already have the supernatural power where he is sensitive with the smell and craving for the blood.

Since 10 years, Woo Bin learns how to calm himself when see blood and also how to use his other super power.

“Are you scared?” Aunty Mimi asks Woo Bin when Woo Bin sees himself at mirror. With the eye’s color that always change according to his mood and with the sharp canine as well as the claws. Every time he sees mirror, it always like he sees different person.

“It seems like there is someone else inside me, Aunty. I want to kill that person if I can.”

“Why?”

“If he died then I could live like normal.”

“Don’t you like to have a power? Likes superman or…”

“I prefer not to have one.”

“This is your parent’s gift to you. You are not a monster if you have this power. You will become stronger compare to human and you are one of a kind.”

“If to have this is power make us stronger, then Mom and Dad will not die, Aunty. It is because of this power so people hunting them.” Aunty Mimi is speechless. She always thought that it is easier to convince Woo Bin since he is still young and naïve. But, her theory is wrong. Woo Bin becomes mature and he learns everything fast. He is not a 10 years old kids like the other kids with the same age. He acts like an adult.

Aunty Mimi hugs Woo Bin tight. No matter how much she feels sorry to Woo Bin, but there is nothing much she could do.

Woo Bin have a depression until he is 15 years old when he met with his 4 loyal friends. At that time, he starts to accept his fate. Since his friends also have the powers even though not receive the full power, so he feels he is not alone.

**End of Flashback**