Imma New Thang

Falling for You

 

After Minji took her to her apartment, Gabby started to settle in. It was really small, a one room area that had a teeny kitchen. But oh well, this was located close to the company building. Collapsing on the bed, Gabby fell into nap.

 

The next few days, Gabby explored her neighborhood and some of Seoul. Since she lived in Gangnam, to get to the Han river was not too difficult. It was really pretty, especially since spring was just ending. The cherry blossoms were absolutely beautiful.

On Monday Gabby went to the NH media office building. It was only one stop away by subway, which Gabby managed to luckily navigate.

She stepped into the building, where the security guard gave her entrance. She had seen a few schoolgirls outside of the building, were they waiting for Kpop idols? Gabby did know of the bands that were under NH entertainment, but she wasn’t obsessed with the groups. She wasn’t obsessed with any groups really, but only liked to listen to Kpop occasionally.

Minji met her on the third floor.

“Welcome to the office building! You’ll need to fill out paperwork today, and then come in tomorrow to get started on your practicing.”

Gabby filled out several paperwork, things relating to visa status and whatnot. Afterwards Minji introduced her to a few of the other dancers. She met a Minah, Sookyung, and Yunwoo. Everyone was really nice and polite to her.

Wow I hope I can become friends with them! Gabby thought.

 

Afterwards she left the building, stepping through the door.

“Wait a minute!” yelled a voice in Korean.

Gabby slowed and left the door open for a guy that was running up. He was wearing a snapback hat with jeans and a sweatshirt, but also happened to be incredibly good looking, and was also very feminine like. Perhaps one of the Kpop stars?

“Thank you.” He said to her.

“Of course” she responded, averting her eyes to the ground. Gabby had a bad habit of being shy with people she had just met. Why am I being so shy? She thought. Of course, the language barrier and being a foreigner did not help either.

“Are you the new dancer?” he asked.

Argh why was he being so friendly? She had just seen this dude!

“Yes” Gabby responded, finally looking up.

A flicker of surprise ran across his face, but then he smiled.

“I’m Kevin, nice to meet you” he said.

“Ah, nice to meet you to” Gabby responded, bowing.

With that she turned around, rushing off. Why am I being so rude? She thought. Argh I just met that dude and I even forgot to say my name! What’s with me? Hopefully I won’t have to see him again.

And as for that dude, he was wondering what a foreigner was doing in the company building. They had hired a foreigner to be the new dancer? Then she must be really good. I wonder if she knows English. he thought, walking to the subway stop.

 

The next day, Gabby awoke bright and early to get to the building on time. It was the first day at her new job! And hopefully her permanent job. Even though now was just a trial period, Gabby wanted to be a professional back up dancer. Gabby, fighting! She thought as she walked to the office.

She met with the rest of the dancers, and they practiced in the dance studio that was located in the basement of the building. Yunwoo taught her the choreography for a few of the past songs that the artists in the company had. It was difficult, but after many hours she began to pick up the dances. The rest of the week consisted of practice. It was difficult, as well as physically tiring, but Gabby immensely enjoyed herself.

The following weeks Gabby tried to learn all of the dances that she was taught. She would practice at home as well, as well as try to keep working out. After a month Sookyung, one of the other dancers told her that she would be learning a comeback song dance! The dancers eagerly began practicing. After Gabby was sure she had memorized their part, they would practice with the actual idols.

 

The next day, Gabby was waiting for the idol group, along with the other dancers. They came in one by one, with everyone bowing and saying I will work hard, etc. Finally the last idol entered and everyone was there. When Gabby looked up from bowing, she was very surprised to see that it was the same guy she had met on her first day at work, the guy she help open the door for. So I guess he is a Kpop idol. She thought. What was his name again? She could not remember.

Everyone began working out the dance part in pairs, since each of the males had a solo dance with a female dancer. And guess who Gabby was dancing with? None other than Kevin.